H&R Block Customers
Tax Payer

Glasgow, KY

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Very unhappy with their tax refund return time.We filed before the IRS started processing returns on the 30th.Others who filed before or after we did using different tax preparers (such as D&B) have receieved their refund.Some even got them 2 days after the IRS started processing them.H&R Block customers are still waiting.Will definitely not be using H&R Block in the future after I found out the following:Our money from the IRS is sent to a bank which also issues the Emerald Card H&R Block is famous for issuing to its customers.That money is then transferred to your bank account from H&R Block's bank.The whole process just delays your refund time.Anybody else having this problem with them?
victoria

Cave City, KY

#3 Feb 5, 2013
Last year my boyfriend had his done there and it took like 4 weeks to get his after the 72 hour wait the IRS takes to get it accepted or rejected. So this year I did his myself, and also his sisters and mine. I just did them last night so as soon as we get out refund I will let you know how long it took...
lazy

Glasgow, KY

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
Very unhappy with their tax refund return time.We filed before the IRS started processing returns on the 30th.Others who filed before or after we did using different tax preparers (such as D&B) have receieved their refund.Some even got them 2 days after the IRS started processing them.H&R Block customers are still waiting.Will definitely not be using H&R Block in the future after I found out the following:Our money from the IRS is sent to a bank which also issues the Emerald Card H&R Block is famous for issuing to its customers.That money is then transferred to your bank account from H&R Block's bank.The whole process just delays your refund time.Anybody else having this problem with them?
Repeating this as someone evidently "reported" it for language.

Don't like it? Do your own god damn taxes then.

Go ahead and report again. I can just keep reposting.
estupido

Glasgow, KY

#5 Feb 5, 2013
it only goes thru bank if you chose rapid refund. This is the same at any rapid refund they are all loans so to speak. I have my taxes done at HR block and do regular refund with direct deposit. It comes straight from IRS
lol

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2013
They charged me 300 to do mine which is just 1040EZ won't be back next year! It would have been free through turbo tax.
hmm

Glasgow, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2013
i done mine at hrblock online and it only cost me 60. filed mine on 30th got my state back today still waiting on federal.
Satisfied with hr block

Glasgow, KY

#8 Feb 6, 2013
I filed before the deadline and didnt expect a refund til the end of the month and got mine the 1st. Maybe you have deductions ex child support or garnishments coming out of yours and its taking longer. Or they could just be backed up now.
fyi

Glasgow, KY

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Go to www.irs.gov and click on free file. I have filed mine this way for free through H&R Block for the last 5 years, both state and federal. I get my federal in 7-8 days and last year I had my state refund in 4 days. Hope this helps
crazy

Bolivar, MO

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Turbo tax is NOT free. They were going to charge me 66.99 to file federal and state. Plus an additional 29.99 for the "convenience" of direct deposit. As has been posted though, I went through the link at irs.gov and filed both for free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min usa 165,522
Nursing Assistants On Drugs 1 hr Ted 7
Keith Hale should be fired 1 hr you wont think so... 12
Word Association (Jun '08) 2 hr another 5,999
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 2 hr another 1,404
Another Word Game. (Nov '08) 3 hr bored420 3,126
Daniel Shipp 3 hr Keith 3
Scott Jones 7 hr TKS 22

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web