walbert trucking, anyone ever like wo...

walbert trucking, anyone ever like working there?

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
bkmanboy

Birmingham, AL

#1 Jul 17, 2008
tell me all your troubles.
been there

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jul 17, 2008
The son needs anger management. Terrible place to work.
Smokey and the bandit

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jul 17, 2008
WALBERT was ok..it was some of the employees i didn't like......a couple of the dispatchers.......I like old man Walbert..
kbboy

Birdseye, IN

#4 Jul 17, 2008
sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, you have to be willing to do what the son says, no questions asked.
dufuss

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jul 17, 2008
kbboy wrote:
sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, you have to be willing to do what the son says, no questions asked.
thats part of working for somebody else is to do what you are told.if thats a problem work for yourself
I SURVIVED

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 18, 2008
Been there, done that, actually have the t-shirt. It was the most abusive working environment I have ever seen. The son has bi-polar issues and will flip from very pleasant to Linda Blair, exorcist, head spinning around in .2 seconds. He doesn't care to threaten and bully and use vulgar language to anybody and everybody if things don't go his way, which flip-flops from minute-to-minute. He isn't particular about who he treats badly either, mother, father, wife, employee, cousin, whoever is available at the time of his rage. It surprises me that the company still exists and I truly feel sorry for anyone who has, who is, or who will work there.
forum lurker

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jul 18, 2008
kbboy wrote:
If the son is the boss, then yes, you have to do what the boss says. That's the way work is supposed to be.
Excuse me but

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jul 18, 2008
work is 'not' supposed to be threatening in nature. Whether verbal, mental or physical. That is not part of work ethics.
Without respect, there are no employees. Without employees, there is NO business.
Maybe Walbert boy needs to think along those lines.
kbboy

Birdseye, IN

#9 Jul 19, 2008
wonder who is suing and if they need people to testify, they should have no trouble getting anyone to testify about the terrible working conditions there. the abuse, long hrs. cuts in benefits, tension, lack of respect, the list goes on and on and on and on.
who cares

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jul 22, 2008
kbboy wrote:
wonder who is suing and if they need people to testify, they should have no trouble getting anyone to testify about the terrible working conditions there. the abuse, long hrs. cuts in benefits, tension, lack of respect, the list goes on and on and on and on.
no one said anything about them giving all emplyees $100.00 gas cards
because

Edmonton, KY

#11 Jul 22, 2008
They didn't say anything because not EVERYONE got a 100.00 gas card and IF you know so much about them WHEN did this happen? PLease Tell All WE would like to know!
PASSER by

Scottsville, KY

#12 Jul 27, 2008
i have had several family members to work there, and sadly still do. This is the worst company ever. The son John is a complete psycho and needs to ride straight to hoptown. They screw you in every way, esp. the drivers. I dont see how in the world they have ever made company of the year or whatever that b.s. was. Makes me ashamed to see the biggest @$$holes in Glasgow, make it to the top. The long hours and disrespect is so true. They hit things and throw things at their dispatchers. Karma will get them one day though. If I was "old man walbert" i'd kick my son to the curb in a minute, he is the one that makes the whole company as bad as it is. They're are some good people that work there (like Renee). But John needs a boot right up his......
employee

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jul 27, 2008
They did give the employees $100 gas cards a few weeks ago in the envelopes with our checks, which I thought was really great! There are some really good people who work really hard for the company and Renee is definately one of the good ones! Congratulations to her on her new baby girl!!
yea

Edmonton, KY

#14 Jul 27, 2008
No I am sorry but you are mistaken THEY DID NOT give employees gas cards You must have this confused with somthing else which I don't know what that would be and YES renee is one of the very best there
18 wheelsandadozenr oses

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jul 28, 2008
I like Mr Walbert,but theres a few there i would give a gallon of gas to if they ran out.Only beef I use to have was the trucks,They were Wal-Mart rejects.
Willy

Glasgow, KY

#16 Sep 6, 2008
Maybe someone should take that punkass psycho boy out back and adjust his attitude.
Sad Sam

Glasgow, KY

#18 Sep 6, 2008
kbboy wrote:
no body put a gun to your head and made you work there.You had a choice to leave just like the day you was hired.You were looking for a job when you found that one.
i know

Glasgow, KY

#19 Sep 6, 2008
sounds like a bunch of whiny ass cry babies to me if you didnt like working there then quit and go else where.other wise shut up and do your job like you where hired to do.
tee

Glasgow, KY

#21 Sep 8, 2008
if it was all that bad then why the hell did you work there two times?
easy money

Glasgow, KY

#23 Sep 23, 2008
I worked there for 3 1/2 years and yes Jon is a damn physco and in my opinion Danny Spears is a good dispatcher there. As far as the others they lick a## to try to get ahead in the company. Futhermore, if you done your job in a professional manner you did not get bit## on It never happened to me but I have seen it happen to other people. I called it the Jon Walbert peptalk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boycott NFL 12 min BoyCott NFL 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Wisdom of Ages 167,923
Diversicare 1 hr Really 4
The reason people don't go to church 6 hr my vote 28
Ballards collecting for hurricane victims 8 hr undertaker 4
Who is this brother James? 11 hr Bucky 10
Melissa jean furlong (Mar '15) 14 hr sam 6

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages