Old Wal-Mart Building
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cindy

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Aug 20, 2007
Does anyone know what business is going in the old Wal-Mart building?
Dipset

Glasgow, KY

#2 Aug 20, 2007
No
Rev

White House, TN

#3 Aug 20, 2007
It has been vacant since early 2005 and I doubt they have anything lined up, since all the retail is flocking over to the new Wal-Mart area.

Also, I would like a source on the Target rumor that I read on another thread.
Paul

White House, TN

#4 Feb 5, 2008
On the other board, it states that Wal-Mart signs a 10 year lease on there old buildings after they relocate to a new facility.

Wal-Mart has a history of letting there old buildings run down in every town in the U.S.

For example, the old Wal-Mart in Bowling Green that is now H.H. Gregg sat empty for about 12 years until 2 years ago. It had grass growing up to the roof and the parking lot looked like a swamp.

The old Wal-Mart in Glasgow which left in 1990 became a Bud's discount store which was owned by Wal-Mart, but it really went downhill because they did not remodel the building. Bud's only lasted a few years and it became an eyesore again until Ford's Furniture bought the whole shopping center and renovated it about 8 years later around 1998.

From what I have heard the old one in E-Town is still in bad shape and they moved out about 12 or so years ago.

So the one in Glasgow may sit empty for years to come until there lease is up or they sell it at a cheaper price.
Shopaholic

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Feb 5, 2008
It's odd that they sign a ten year lease after they leave. What is the purpose?
Der

Glasgow, KY

#6 Feb 7, 2008
To eliminate the possibility of any competition relocating to their old buildings.
Like Target, Kmart, etc...
Hail to Wallyworld

Greenbrier, AR

#7 Feb 25, 2008
Der wrote:
To eliminate the possibility of any competition relocating to their old buildings.
Like Target, Kmart, etc...
Well put. In lamens terms it's called greed, monopoly, running out the "ma & pap" businesses, and creating a host of bubble-paying jobs to sell products mostly made overseas.

Walmart....promoter of Chinese slave labor and the selfish bully of local economies.
you wish

Glasgow, KY

#8 Feb 26, 2008
I know it sure is a eyesore just sitting there.I heard Target is looking at it.Wal-marts lease is up.

Since: Mar 08

Glasgow, KY

#9 Mar 30, 2008
by the way, Ford's Furniture does not own the strip center they are located in.
It is owned by a man living in Bowling Green.
He went to school here and now lives in BG.
Spanky

Glasgow, KY

#10 Mar 31, 2008
There have been rumors of Target coming to Glasgow before Wal-Mart ever moved. I seriously doubt that will happen anytime soon, in a little town like Glasgow nothing is going to be able to compete with Wal-Mart. Why go to Target and spend twice as much on the same cheap plastic crap when you can go buy said cheap plastic crap from Wal-Mart for "Always Low Prices!"
concerned shopper

Glasgow, KY

#11 Apr 1, 2008
well i be
Serenity

Glasgow, KY

#12 Apr 8, 2008
Target has better quality items.
Neighbor

Glasgow, KY

#13 Apr 8, 2008
One town sued wal-mart to keep them out.The people won.Ole Sam is probably rolling over in his grave know how the relatives are doing now.
Architect

Glasgow, KY

#14 Apr 11, 2008
I hope someone makes that and the old Winn Dixie building into something. I hate seeing buildings empty.
glasgow

Edmonton, KY

#15 Apr 14, 2008
i heard a large adult book store warehouse was going in the old wal-mart building.
magaman

Glasgow, KY

#16 Apr 14, 2008
Oddly enough that is what i've heard also, with a combo bible store and a malt shop.
glasgow wrote:
i heard a large adult book store warehouse was going in the old wal-mart building.
Missy Staples

Glasgow, KY

#17 Apr 14, 2008
glasgow wrote:
Oh that cannot be true. Can you guys see the Glasgow area churches if that is true??? They went off the deep end over moisture in restaurants, you knoow they will have a complete stroke over an adult store...LOL!!!
magaman

Glasgow, KY

#18 Apr 14, 2008
It will be a place where all can go, to reap what they sow, you know.? No meaning here just wanted to type a rhyme, cause its about BED TIME... LOL NITE NITE FOLKS, AINT GOT NO MORE JOKES.
glasgow businessman

Glasgow, KY

#19 Apr 14, 2008
i personally know that an ice skating rink will be built this coming fall in the old wal-mart building. it will also house a very nice restaurant, which will serve alcohol as well. This large venture is being built and funded by glasgow businessman larry glass. The former winn- dixie will be the new bowling alley (similar to southern lanes in bowling green) this to is being built and operated by larry glass. Goody's and peebles will both be relocating in the new shopping center being built across the street from Wal-mart (behind the movie theater. Hal-mark and the other small "left over" business will eventually leave as well, moving over towards wal-mart. The remainer of this shopping center will be filled with a few retaurants and arcades. The name of this large venture being developed by Larry Glass and Darren Shirley is being called "larry land." Darren Shirley is said to be applying for an adult store license. Specialing in gay dominatrix attire his business will be called "Darrens Dungeon."
glasgow businessman

Glasgow, KY

#20 Apr 14, 2008
larry glass is putting an ice skating rink in wal-mart building this fall. Bowling alley is moving to winn-dixie this fall as well.

Darren shirley of ritche pharmecuticals is building a sex store called "darrens dungeon" which will be located in goody's once it moves into the new shopping center being built behind the movie theather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Glasgow woman arrested on drug charges (Sep '08) 43 min Cory d Lee shephe... 60
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr jewboy 165,516
Scott Jones 2 hr truth 20
Keith Hale should be fired 2 hr yournosey 9
Nursing Assistants On Drugs 2 hr my moms a trucker 5
i'm a girl just looking for hookups. 2 hr Martin Luther Cre... 12
jr foods 3 hr Info plz 1

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages