Spilled strawberries close northbound I-65

Jun 10, 2012 Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader 14

Northbound lanes of Interstate 65 near the Hart/Barren county line were closed Sunday evening for several hours after a tractor-trailer hauling strawberries overturned, spilling crates of fruit across the highway, according to Kentucky State Police.

Full Story
StrawberryFields Forever

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jun 10, 2012
Let me take you down, cause I'm going to...
Alee

United States

#2 Jun 10, 2012
We have been here for 2 F'in hour. Just hose the damn road and let us go. This is absurd!!! F'in seriously!?????
Liz

United States

#3 Jun 10, 2012
StrawberryFieldsForever wrote:
Let me take you down, cause I'm going to...
Has it been cleared yet? Still trying to get back on 1-65 north bound. Hwy 90
Been there

Tompkinsville, KY

#4 Jun 10, 2012
Just got to Glasgow, but Cave City bad. Directing traffic at minute mart light and those coming from Mammoth Cave/I-65 are being forced to go left @ Convention Center.
that explains it

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jun 10, 2012
I wondered why traffic in cave city was so bad...took us close to 10 minutes to get through the stop light next to the motel....it was crazy!
jjz

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jun 10, 2012
Alee wrote:
We have been here for 2 F'in hour. Just hose the damn road and let us go. This is absurd!!! F'in seriously!?????
The police are too slow about opening up the road and getting the traffic moving again and there is way too many trucks on the road hauling China and Mexico imported junk.
Strawberries-ser iously

United States

#7 Jun 10, 2012
Everyone grab your bread and shortcakes!!! There is strawberries for everyone!!!
Clementine

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jun 10, 2012
I rarely go 65 north. Those of you reading this need to go 31W or 31E .
StrawberryFields Forever

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Liz wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it been cleared yet? Still trying to get back on 1-65 north bound. Hwy 90
It's nothing to get hung about.
arnie

United States

#10 Jun 10, 2012
The wreck is the same spot the one happened about 4 weeks ago between cave city and horse cave.

Its still backed up through park city and down 90. The fire dept don't know how to re route traffic. Why did they close 90 in front of dollar general and route traffic through downtown cave city??
Sid Kapoor

United States

#11 Jun 10, 2012
arnie wrote:
The wreck is the same spot the one happened about 4 weeks ago between cave city and horse cave.
Its still backed up through park city and down 90. The fire dept don't know how to re route traffic. Why did they close 90 in front of dollar general and route traffic through downtown cave city??
Any route we can consider to get to Indiana ? we are currently stuck in the traffic and are heading towards horse cave and are 3 miles away
Katie

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Jun 10, 2012
Daughter just called and is totally stopped at least 5 mi. south of this. Happened hours ago- anyone know what's taking them so long? Only in Kentucky...
Been there

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jun 11, 2012
Did they ever get things moving again? I agree, why close the light towards 90 and direct through town? 90 takes us home faster! We had to take Griderville Road 31-e to Glasgow. Scary amount of semi trucks passing in oncoming non-stop to Glasgow on 31-e.
really

Mcallen, TX

#14 Jun 12, 2012
The police and fire department are not hired for their brains.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min Slinger181 4,752
Rustic/Country Wedding Venues in or near Barren... 1 hr karma 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 153,366
C Eaton a veteran 2 hr Yomama 9
lashea wood (Nov '13) 2 hr Yomama 7
Benita Coffey Furaber (Feb '14) 3 hr Dick 14
Mancino's 3 hr hungry 2
Mark myers 5 hr Garbage 18
Voting for Doty or Trautman? 6 hr urgone 68
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) 14 hr Who Cares 1,000
Doty and Jeff Jessie 17 hr Were in 16
•••
•••
•••

Glasgow Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Glasgow News, Events & Info