barren county little league football

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
downhill

Glasgow, KY

#1 Aug 20, 2009
heard glasgow teams are scared to play barren county little teams because of sweatgate! is this true glasgow little league teams?
Voice of Sanity

Edmonton, KY

#2 Aug 20, 2009
What is "sweatgate". Let's see, you draw from 7 elementary schools and we draw from 2. Yet on the high school level you've won 1 game that I remember in the last 5 years. The Barren 7th grade team won in overtime and Glasgow defeated your 8th grade. How can little old Glasgow even compete against a school system 4 times the size? Oh I forgot, Glasgow routinely beats Barren. How is this possible?
fadedblue

Glasgow, KY

#3 Aug 20, 2009
Voice of Sanity wrote:
What is "sweatgate". Let's see, you draw from 7 elementary schools and we draw from 2. Yet on the high school level you've won 1 game that I remember in the last 5 years. The Barren 7th grade team won in overtime and Glasgow defeated your 8th grade. How can little old Glasgow even compete against a school system 4 times the size? Oh I forgot, Glasgow routinely beats Barren. How is this possible?
They routinely beat us in broke down facilities, excuses, and living on what happened in 1968. Barren has owned Glasgow in danged near everything over the last few years and will in years to come. You are either moving forward or getting further behind...
backdraft

Glasgow, KY

#4 Aug 20, 2009
downhill wrote:
heard glasgow teams are scared to play barren county little teams because of sweatgate! is this true glasgow little league teams?
so your saying glasgow has quit the city/ county tourney. or do you just really not know what your talking about.
COWBOY UP

Glasgow, KY

#5 Aug 25, 2009
glasgow is wanting to change some rules or something like that because they are afraid of COWBOY NATION! We at COWBOY NATION are in control of barren county football. Once a COWBOY always a COWBOY! We don't break the rules we bend them! Always have always will. If we need a kid under points we will make sure the COWBOY scales are used and eyeballin on their height! Just like we did for our stud this year. There is not one DAMN thing anybody can do! We at COWBOY NATION will kick everybody's ASS this year city or county!!!!!!!!!!
cowboy mom

Glasgow, KY

#6 Aug 25, 2009
I REALLY CANT TELL IF YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE COWBOYS OR BEING SARCASTIC
football

Glasgow, KY

#7 Aug 25, 2009
cowboy mom wrote:
I REALLY CANT TELL IF YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE COWBOYS OR BEING SARCASTIC
I'm laughing heartily at people right now talking smack about kids playing football. This is good stuff!!
Fixing the weigh ins

Sevierville, TN

#8 Aug 25, 2009
"sweatgate" is where the Cowboys have literrally given their players water pills and wrapped them in saran wrap so that they make weight for point system to carry the ball. From my understaning Glasgow will play in the tourney as long as BCLL will weigh in every game as not to cheat and get kids injured...give it up Cowboys, cheaters never win!
football

Glasgow, KY

#9 Aug 25, 2009
Fixing the weigh ins wrote:
"sweatgate" is where the Cowboys have literrally given their players water pills and wrapped them in saran wrap so that they make weight for point system to carry the ball. From my understaning Glasgow will play in the tourney as long as BCLL will weigh in every game as not to cheat and get kids injured...give it up Cowboys, cheaters never win!
Very funny stuff here...I love it!!

Seriously, if there is a question about a kid's weight, they should at least be required to weigh in weekly.
cocerned parent

Glasgow, KY

#10 Aug 25, 2009
some people should just grow up and learn kids that, everbodys a winner cause the way i see it, is as long as you try everybody can be a winner no one is beter than any one else and if you think different than you may meet your maker! these topix is so kiddish grow up and let the little leauge be fun for the kids!!!!!!!!
Fixing the weigh ins

Sevierville, TN

#11 Aug 25, 2009
football wrote:
<quoted text>
Very funny stuff here...I love it!!
Seriously, if there is a question about a kid's weight, they should at least be required to weigh in weekly.
You would certainly think so, but they would rather cancel the tournament than weigh in again before the games, go figure?
cowboy mom

Glasgow, KY

#12 Aug 25, 2009
OH MY GOD...WE ARE SO BUSTED!!!! How long have you known we have been cheating, we thought we could slide the water-pill and saran wrap thing past you! Hope you dont find out about the steroids and Red Bull we feed the kids!!! Oops, cats out of the bag now!!!!!!!!!!
football

Glasgow, KY

#13 Aug 25, 2009
cowboy mom wrote:
OH MY GOD...WE ARE SO BUSTED!!!! How long have you known we have been cheating, we thought we could slide the water-pill and saran wrap thing past you! Hope you dont find out about the steroids and Red Bull we feed the kids!!! Oops, cats out of the bag now!!!!!!!!!!
For the record, I don't think the saran wrap and water pills would be cheating. Maybe a bit over the top, but not cheating. In fact, I'd consider doing it if my kid was on the borderline. But I'd also be good with weigh ins before the game.

Since: Aug 09

Glasgow, KY

#15 Aug 25, 2009
That right, some people dont think about it that way. Wonder how many boys are just a few pounds over weight now but in a week or 2 they would be under weight it could be another team who has a boy on the borderline.
coach

Glasgow, KY

#16 Aug 25, 2009
all these parents and coaches are worried about is winning ,not teaching the kids fundamentals and how to play the games the right way ,to many think of themself instead of the kids,it all about winning ,i don,t coach that way and never will.i never talk about winning ,i talk about getting better everyday,and all my teams were in the championship the past 4 yrs because they got better every game .
coach

Glasgow, KY

#17 Aug 25, 2009
downhill wrote:
they will be required to weigh in before they play glasgow teams ,if they are over the limit they cannot run or catch the ball,one cowboy coach told me they prob wouldn,t play then if that was the case .
Cowboy Up

Glasgow, KY

#18 Aug 26, 2009
football wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, I don't think the saran wrap and water pills would be cheating. Maybe a bit over the top, but not cheating. In fact, I'd consider doing it if my kid was on the borderline. But I'd also be good with weigh ins before the game.
do you all know can cause the league alot of trouble.It's neglect!
football

Glasgow, KY

#19 Aug 26, 2009
coach wrote:
<quoted text>they will be required to weigh in before they play glasgow teams ,if they are over the limit they cannot run or catch the ball,one cowboy coach told me they prob wouldn,t play then if that was the case .
If they don't play, that's really weak.

Since: Aug 09

Glasgow, KY

#20 Aug 26, 2009
dont know which cowboy coach said that....i know them all well enough to know that it doesnt sound like anything any of them would say.....sounds like a rumor to me...all of the COWBOY coaches say BRING THEM ON....our team is made up of many boys....not just one!!!!!!!
NWO

Glasgow, KY

#21 Oct 25, 2010
COWBOY UP wrote:
glasgow is wanting to change some rules or something like that because they are afraid of COWBOY NATION! We at COWBOY NATION are in control of barren county football. Once a COWBOY always a COWBOY! We don't break the rules we bend them! Always have always will. If we need a kid under points we will make sure the COWBOY scales are used and eyeballin on their height! Just like we did for our stud this year. There is not one DAMN thing anybody can do! We at COWBOY NATION will kick everybody's ASS this year city or county!!!!!!!!!!
we will see HA HA YOUR GOING DOWN........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gorrila 2 hr a reader 16
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Mickey402 148,467
Whitney Breeze 4 hr Diamond Dixie 5
Word Association (Jun '08) 5 hr _Zoey_ 5,263
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 5 hr _Zoey_ 435
Julius the Jules Releases New Single Album! 5 hr Cornelius The Corn 2
Young Female barber that used to be at Durhams 6 hr Barbershop customer 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages