come on people

Glasgow, KY

#66 Feb 15, 2012
No book..lol just wondering why the topic got all twisted!! I would love to hear more details about what I thought was about the sheriff and his deputies!! Lmao I like how you made your name noticeable, Lonn with an i!! Thats great!!
come on people

Glasgow, KY

#67 Feb 15, 2012
my bad for got the "e" lol
what the

Glasgow, KY

#68 Feb 15, 2012
come on people wrote:
No book..lol just wondering why the topic got all twisted!! I would love to hear more details about what I thought was about the sheriff and his deputies!! Lmao I like how you made your name noticeable, Lonn with an i!! Thats great!!
lol The silly and the creepy come crawling out at night on the internet. Don't even try to figure them out. None of us have been able to figure them out. lol
Michelle

Glasgow, KY

#69 Feb 15, 2012
Well, if the police was chasing him and he had a meth lab in his vehicle then he put all of us in danger. There was probably a very good reason why he got his jap slap! What's there to defend? He was running from the law and he had a meth lab in his vehicle. Probably was resisting even while handcuffed.
Matt

Washington, DC

#70 Feb 15, 2012
This is the best thing to happen to Chris eaton, he will get a statue built on the courthouse lawn and will be appointed to a fancy position.
Info

Glasgow, KY

#71 Feb 15, 2012
Do any of you even remember why this guy was arrested? It was indeed Billy Stinnett. He did have an active meth lab. He did lead the police on a high speed chase. He put many people in danger. He also crashed his vehicle into Calvary Church. Also, to my knowledge, he did resist arrest. Now if he should have been beaten.. No, I don't believe that. He should have never done what he did but he didn't deserve what happened to him either. Shame on Chris Eaton and the other deputies!
what if

Glasgow, KY

#72 Feb 15, 2012
Maybe if these people got slapped a time or two it would knock some sense into them. Kids were endangered.
FYI

Glasgow, KY

#73 Feb 15, 2012

Entertainment Health
Election Results

Agriculture

GDT Videos

Business

Wheels

Monster

Zillow Real Estate

Classified Ads

Subscriber Services

Local News
Search Search ResultsClose Previous Now showing: of Next Previous Next Close
Discussion
October 21, 2011

MORNING UPDATE: Stinnett takes third shot at BCSO suit
By SUSAN TEBBEN
Glasgow Daily Times The Glasgow Daily Times Fri Oct 21, 2011, 10:46 AM CDT

GLASGOW — A man convicted after a car chase nearly two years ago is now suing the Barren County Sheriff’s Department for damages he said he incurred while being apprehended.

Billy Randall Stinnett, 29, now housed at the Green River Correctional Complex in Central City, is representing himself in federal court where he is asking for $25 million after claimed he was “brutally beaten” by Barren County Sheriff Chris Eaton, according to documents filed almost a year after he was arrested.

Two previous lawsuits filed against the BCSO stemming from the same arrest were dismissed.
FYI

Glasgow, KY

#74 Feb 15, 2012
Billy R. Stinnett, right, is taken into custody by Barren County Sheriff’s deputies after a dual-county pursuit ended at the Calvary Baptist Church Worship Center Wednesday afternoon. Stinnett is charged with numerous drug and reckless driving counts, including 21 counts of wanton endangerment involving police officers.
By SUSAN TEBBEN
Glasgow Daily Times The Glasgow Daily Times Thu Feb 25, 2010, 01:49 PM CST
GLASGOW — A nearly hour-long car chase that wound through Barren County, into Hart County and back into Barren County ended Wednesday afternoon as the suspect crashed into the Calvary Baptist Church Worship Center on East Cherry Street.
Billy R. Stinnett, 28, of 304 Georgetown Lane in Glasgow, led police in what started out as a complaint of reckless driving on Peterson Road in Hiseville that became a high-speed pursuit on from Ky. 740-Coral Hill Road, into Glasgow on Edmonton Road and continued through eastern Barren County on Hollow, Lick Branch, J. Birge, Burkesville, H. Miller and New Salem roads, Columbia and Grand avenues and North Green Street, among others. He ran off the road many times, trying to force deputies from the Barren County Sheriff’s Office off the roads as well and causing damage to cruisers along the way, along with many citizens’ vehicles. The chase continued until Stinnett knocked a gas meter off of a house on East Cherry Street and crashed into the worship center next door. A Barren-Edmonson County Drug Task Force detective blocked off a portion of the street, forcing Stinnett to turn into the driveway of the worship center. The Glasgow Police Department also blocked off streets along the way.
Stinnett then attempted to flee on foot toward the back of the former E.B. Terry School where Sheriff Chris Eaton and deputies caught and arrested him. Eaton suffered minor injuries to his leg when Stinnett attempted to kick away from him. The suspect also pulled a knife as deputies attempted to subdue him. Several law enforcement officials suffered minor injuries, including one broken hand.
After Stinnett was arrested, an active mobile methamphetamine lab was found in the minivan and a vial of meth was found on the ground near the van. The minivan that Stinnett was driving was rented.
The church was evacuated and the fire department and Atmos Energy were dispatched to repair the gas leak. The owner of the house, Wade Copass, arrived on the scene and said he was called at work after the incident ended. The only occupant in the house at the time was the family pet, a Labrador Retriever, as the gas company worked and DTF detectives dismantled the meth lab.
Stinnett was charged with reckless driving, operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, 21 counts of first-degree wanton endangerment (police), two counts of first-degree fleeing or evading police for the car chase, second-degree fleeing or evading police for running on foot, two counts of first-degree criminal mischief, two counts of second-degree assault, third-degree assault, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident, five counts of disregarding a stop sign, speeding in a restricted zone and resisting arrest. He was also served with a Barren County warrant for contempt of court — failure to appear.
The DTF charged him with manufacturing meth, first-degree possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of meth precursor first offense, possession of drug paraphernalia second offense and knowingly possessing anhydrous ammonia with the intent to manufacture meth.
Stinnett was treated at T.J. Samson Community Hospital for minor injuries before being transported to the Barren County Corrections Center, where he is still being held. Additional charges are pending as the investigation continues.
The BCSO, GPD and DTF were also assisted by the Kentucky State Police, Barren County constables, the Glasgow Fire Department and Mike Swift, director of the Barren-Metcalfe Emergency Medical Service.
maggie

Austin, TX

#75 Feb 15, 2012
The law enforcement in Glasgow, and Barren County are dropping faster than they can be replaced. We had the two that were dealing drugs and making terrorist threats, we have J. Abrogast who let her son have access to her police issued weapons so he could rob a store, we have the constable who is a convicted rapist and drug dealer and now we have these clowns. And also a police chief who was hired for his unethical behavior. My question is does this area attract thugs to law enforcement, or to they become that way after working with corrupt, unethical fellow police officers?
barren countian

Glasgow, KY

#76 Feb 15, 2012
FYI wrote:
Entertainment Health
Election Results
Agriculture
GDT Videos
Business
Wheels
Monster
Zillow Real Estate
Classified Ads
Subscriber Services
Local News
Search Search ResultsClose Previous Now showing: of Next Previous Next Close
Discussion
October 21, 2011
MORNING UPDATE: Stinnett takes third shot at BCSO suit
By SUSAN TEBBEN
Glasgow Daily Times The Glasgow Daily Times Fri Oct 21, 2011, 10:46 AM CDT
GLASGOW — A man convicted after a car chase nearly two years ago is now suing the Barren County Sheriff’s Department for damages he said he incurred while being apprehended.
Billy Randall Stinnett, 29, now housed at the Green River Correctional Complex in Central City, is representing himself in federal court where he is asking for $25 million after claimed he was “brutally beaten” by Barren County Sheriff Chris Eaton, according to documents filed almost a year after he was arrested.
Two previous lawsuits filed against the BCSO stemming from the same arrest were dismissed.
this was at least his 3rd arrest on the same type charges as i recall. i hope he got at least 20 yrs. w/no parole. what a joke. he expects reimbursement for being a plague to society crankhead. he's lucky the law caught him. other people might not have been so kind to him.
sad

Scottsville, KY

#78 Feb 16, 2012
The sad thing is... He's not the only one. There is so many more people this has happened to. I'm surprise d Matt Mutter wasn't included. I've heard about several people he's beat up with his deputies helping.
Albion, IN

#79 Feb 16, 2012
People can not take the law into their own hands. Are law enforcement above the law??? If they threaten and beat people why cant we??? There's a process called due process. Everyone's entitled to it. Once that process occurs then it's up to the deciding official (whether judge or jury) to decide. what if everybody did what they did?? Can we just assume that someone's guilty and beat the h@@l out of them?? It was wrong regardless of what the guy did. They should be punished and an example should be made out of them. Go "SWEET JUSTICE" WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. KARMA
Off to Work

Bowling Green, KY

#80 Feb 16, 2012
NOBODY is above the Law. Because somebody was a
drughead doesn't give the sheriff's dept the right to abuse them or anyone else. There's been alot of corruption going on in the office.
ghost rider

Harvest, AL

#81 Feb 16, 2012
well, MacCowan would NEVER have knowingly taken part in such crap. the man was an HONORED SOLDIER !!

as for eaton the rest of the bunch......
i blame it all on the McDonald's POLICE !!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooops !!
some times the square and compass is let down by some.
do unto others, as the good book sayes right, bro?
Reporter wrote:
Barren County Sheriff Chris Eaton
.Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:18 pm | Updated: 4:03 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2012.
Barren County sheriff, deputies face federal charges By Deborah Highland, The Daily News bgdailynews.com | 0 comments
A federal grand jury in Bowling Green today indicted Barren County Sheriff Chris Eaton on two counts of deprivation of rights, one count of witness tampering, one count of falsification of a document and one count of giving a false statement to federal investigators.
Also listed on the indictment as co-defendants in the case are Barren County sheriff's deputies Aaron Adam Bennett, Danny "Bobby" McCown and Joseph Adam Gene Minor, as well as Barren-Edmonson County Drug Task Force Detective Eric Duane Guffey.
The men are accused of assaulting and of aiding and abetting one another in assaulting a person identified in the indictment as B.R.S., according to the indictment.
Bennett, McCown, Minor and Guffey were all indicted on one count each of deprivation of rights under color of law. Bennett, McCown and Minor were also indicted on one count of providing a false statement to federal investigators. Guffey was indicted on two counts of providing a false statement to federal invesitgators.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is listed on the indictment as the investigating agency.
A woman who answered the phone this afternoon at the Barren County Sheriff's Office said Eaton left early today and was not available to comment.
Updates will be posted to bgdailynews.com as information becomes available.
– Look for more in Thursday's print edition of the Daily News.
ghost rider

Harvest, AL

#82 Feb 16, 2012
"absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTLY ALL THE TIME."
how true, how true......
thy will be done because of thy badge....
but not this time, huh.
Off to Work wrote:
NOBODY is above the Law. Because somebody was a
drughead doesn't give the sheriff's dept the right to abuse them or anyone else. There's been alot of corruption going on in the office.
hahahahahahahaha

Glasgow, KY

#83 Feb 16, 2012
who is posting in my name wrote:
My name is Lorri, I want whoever posted the last post to keep my name out of this!! I dont give a crap about this topic!! So keep my name out of it!! I could care less what happens to them!
You know you posted that and forgot to change the name. Any person who reads this can spot the double "!!"

Funny!!
Just A Thought

AOL

#84 Feb 16, 2012
oh paleeze wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have you owned the rights to the name Lorri? Quit playin'! Is this Cher? Madonna? Snookie?
This is by far the funniest post I've read all day!! But like Uncle Arther said on BEWITCHED, "Been funnier if I'd have said it!"
hmmmmm

Glasgow, KY

#85 Feb 16, 2012
Seems to be a few different Lorri's on this topic. all under a different name. Yet punctuate the same!!
Belinda

Glasgow, KY

#86 Feb 16, 2012
You can bielieve it I saw it for myself. This isnt the first tine so called sheriff Eaton has done this he likes pullind women hair,and beating them also, and for your information he is quiet the liar. I know from experience he will call you a liar and cuss you like a dog. He isnt the so called saint he acts like he is . Shame on you so called sheriff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min Cheryl 136,727
ingram family 1 hr JustSaying 56
To the lady that farted at Garcias 2 hr the gassy gal 5
sitel 4 hr loveabledoll 1
Glasgows lets Go play 4 hr Opinions 3
why dont this town have something for teens to do 7 hr well 13
Can a guys D..K really be too big? 7 hr Sherry 18
wreck 8 hr Perry 7
The Reddys did not donate South Green Elementary 9 hr Arnold 86
TJ Samson Physicians leaving 20 hr Cat 4
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) Mon Elmer 1,174
More from around the web

Glasgow People Search