the walker

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

The actual content of the parade was not much- not even the PH band made it this time. But still- the town was decorated nicely and there were a lot of people around, stores and restaurant were open-the whole thing kind of reminded me of Glade on a saturday night in the early 60's.
trucker2

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

You said it.
trucker2

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

I was agreeing with Ray. Town decorated like crap. Mean group running things now. Only care about theyselves..
ray

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Judged:

they messed the town square up a few yrs ago the town of glade is a piss poor town the police officers are sorry and the mantance dept is the sorryest bunch I have ever seen the rent a cops in glade they dont even need cops in a one horse town like this barney andy goober and goomer is the cops in this town u yell boo and they are gone they even got a pink fag cop car
the walker

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

These are some very childish people. Because there are people in town that they don't like, they hate everything about the town and try to drag it down. The pink police cars are in support of breast cancer research. You should be in support of this too,Ray, since you seem to be very fond of women- I saw other posts where you bragged about all of the whores you slept with,while trashing one of them at the same time.
tom

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

ray prob. Had ur wife to walker I know ray real well he is a gret guy
mother hen

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

They are a bunch of people who are mean just trying to cause trouble. It puts a dark shadow on the rest of the town who are good people. I didn't go to the parade so I couldn't say if it was any good or not. Whats wrong with the golden rule if you can't say anything nice don't say anything. People has a right to thier opinions not everyone is going to like the same things all the time. Maybe you need to talk to the ones in charge of the parade give them suggestions to make it better.
Friend of Glade

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Due to the rescheduling of the parade because of the weather, many of the planned participants were unable to take part. The PH band and others were away competeing in regional competitions, other plan participants had previous commitments. All in all it was a good time, especially for those who choose to visit the town square festivities. I for one wish to thank all that had a part in the parade and those that volunteered their time to make the square look so nice....THANK YOU!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!
mother hen

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

what did they do in town square during the parade?
Wonderer

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

My family and I enjoyed the parade as always. We did miss the PH band but that is understandable. We drank hot chocolate and really just enjoyed being together sharing a Christmas tradition.Isn't that what the Glade Christmas parade is really all about?
trucker2

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

How phoney.
mother hen

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

How many floats did they have this year? Did the parade end up in town square? Did the town give out hot chocolate and cookies?
the walker

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

I believe there were just 2 floats. I don't know if they were giving out cookies, but it seems that everyone was throwing out candy for the kids. Ralph Stanley did'nt show, but I think we have far,far too much bluegrass around here anyway! People can say what they want, but I think the town has improved 100 percent from the ghost town that it was just a few years back.
the walker

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

tom wrote:
ray prob. Had ur wife to walker I know ray real well he is a gret guy
Well, if he did then he must not have impressed her too much,she did'nt mention him to me!
Ole woman

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

Just wanted to mention Ricky Stumbo did an awesome thing- he bought presents for the kids and was handing them out during the parade.
They were also handing out stuffed animals to the kids. What Christmas spirit! I mean to see the look on my child's face when she got a present from that float- it was wonderful.
greeneyes

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

I heard that Dr. Ralph Stanley cancelled the Friday before the orginal parade.
Whatever Martha

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

The kids had fun and that's what matters.
Petey Wheatstraw

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

greeneyes wrote:
I heard that Dr. Ralph Stanley cancelled the Friday before the orginal parade.
No, he cancelled early saturday morning when the weather started to get bad. If you consider where he lives, you will understand why.
Cindy LuHu

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

mother hen wrote:
They are a bunch of people who are mean just trying to cause trouble. It puts a dark shadow on the rest of the town who are good people. I didn't go to the parade so I couldn't say if it was any good or not. Whats wrong with the golden rule if you can't say anything nice don't say anything. People has a right to thier opinions not everyone is going to like the same things all the time. Maybe you need to talk to the ones in charge of the parade give them suggestions to make it better.
U R a dumbass the golden rule is "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you", the quote you put was "Mama always said, if you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Glade Spring Discussions

Search the Glade Spring Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Police Chef Nunley (Jan '14) 1 hr HAHA 67
Mayor of Damascus 1 hr HAHA 74
chilhowie sports 2 hr citizen 2
Back at CHS 6 hr League itch 2
ignorance 8 hr yankee 1
PHHS football 15 hr Flopper 3
glade rescue squad Jul 19 Agree 16
•••
•••