General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

Jul 10, 2008 Full story: Bloomberg 5,453

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Full Story
Lexington worker

Lexington, KY

#5502 Jun 17, 2013
u crazy wrote:
Who is getting all Ohio Lamp's stuff
Lexington Lamp Plant is getting a couple of the par 38's.
u crazy

Chicago, IL

#5503 Jun 18, 2013
Lexington worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Lexington Lamp Plant is getting a couple of the par 38's.
WOW thats bad, you guys cant run what you have let alone old machines lmao CAN YOU SAY FAIL!!! GE is in for a world of hurting! I guess thats what you get for shutting down the best lighting plant in the world.
u crazy

Detroit, MI

#5504 Jun 18, 2013
Just got word yesterday that Bucyruss is adding onto there plant because they got all the EEH's in hope that some Ohio Lamp workers will transfer,this came from high up on both sides company and union
tired

Circleville, OH

#5505 Jun 18, 2013
u crazy wrote:
Just got word yesterday that Bucyruss is adding onto there plant because they got all the EEH's in hope that some Ohio Lamp workers will transfer,this came from high up on both sides company and union
What line is a EEH's?
tired

Circleville, OH

#5506 Jun 18, 2013
u crazy wrote:
How many groups are they getting?
Lexington worker

Lexington, KY

#5507 Jun 18, 2013
u crazy wrote:
<quoted text> WOW thats bad, you guys cant run what you have let alone old machines lmao CAN YOU SAY FAIL!!! GE is in for a world of hurting! I guess thats what you get for shutting down the best lighting plant in the world.
That wasnt very nice, we dont run that bad. At least we are still running.
OMG

Erie, PA

#5508 Jun 19, 2013
u crazy wrote:
DONT DO IT!!! I REPEAT DONT DO IT!!! Bucyrus is crazytown..if Pete is still the czar that runs that place and the nurse that repeats your business..wow stay clear..for your safety and sanity ..u would be selling your soul

Since: Jun 13

United States

#5509 Jun 19, 2013
Putting A-line lamps in a plant that has never made them before and counting on them to hit the fill rate necessary to keep Lowes, Wal Mart and such... Brilliant!!!! I don't know who they think is going to run those things, but I can tell you with great certainty that you won't be seeing a lot, if any experienced mechanics wanting to pref hire into lighting, especially in the middle of nowhere in a bad climate for way less money. Best of luck, guys.
X- dead end job employee

Tallmadge, OH

#5510 Jun 19, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>You have issues .... What a person is able to afford is not my BUSINESS. I don't judge myself or my life on what someone else has or doesn't have. Sounds very selfish to me. You moved on, good for you. Sounds like you HATE eveyone else that may be a little better off than yourself. And yes I do have 4 Harley, 1 boat, 1 R.V. camper and 3 cars but I don't have rental properties. Maybe I will try that next....
golly geeeeeeeeeeee . what you going to do clueless? oh I know your going to get on prep- HIRE when your plant closes . if your lucky you might get one of those 12$ jobs in dover .. after they call the 5 back that they let go...I think I know where I can get a cheap Harley here so0n.
BLP

Louisville, KY

#5511 Jun 19, 2013
tired wrote:
<quoted text>What line is a EEH's?
Energy Efficient Halogen
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5512 Jun 20, 2013
X- dead end job employee wrote:
<quoted text>golly geeeeeeeeeeee . what you going to do clueless? oh I know your going to get on prep- HIRE when your plant closes . if your lucky you might get one of those 12$ jobs in dover .. after they call the 5 back that they let go...I think I know where I can get a cheap Harley here so0n.
No thank you, I don't have to sell anything. You would not be able to afford one of them anyways. Sorry ....
Surreal

Monmouth, IL

#5513 Jun 20, 2013
Wow! How many GE plants has Immelt, the jobs chief, closed now. It's got to be in the thirties or forties.
X- dead end job employee

Tallmadge, OH

#5514 Jun 20, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>No thank you, I don't have to sell anything. You would not be able to afford one of them anyways. Sorry ....
your just like the people on welfare sucking off the G.E. system . thinking what you are owed .... job by luck !! nothing else . at least iam paid for my trade .
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5515 Jun 21, 2013
X- dead end job employee wrote:
<quoted text> your just like the people on welfare sucking off the G.E. system . thinking what you are owed .... job by luck !! nothing else . at least iam paid for my trade .
Then go to work. Better yet just go away, if you can afford it.
EX dead end job

Tallmadge, OH

#5517 Jun 22, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Then go to work. Better yet just go away, if you can afford it.
work is a word that you don't know!! u just show up and sit on your ass like the rest of 99% of g .e employees. but it looks like it bit ya in the sad ass this time since your plants CLOSING!!
Matt Novak BLP

Louisville, KY

#5519 Jul 3, 2013
The six EEH groups are being split between Bucyrus & Circleville. Plans are to start moving in September & running by the first of the year.
mr layman j himes

United States

#5520 Jul 18, 2013
Is the eeh lines par 38 or is that something different if those r the par 38 I thought Lexington was getting those
housewhite

United States

#5522 Jul 23, 2013
Oh great, now there is a plant manager on this site. Time for the truth to be silenced by fear and oppression!
GOOD

Cleveland, OH

#5525 Jul 24, 2013
housewhite wrote:
Oh great, now there is a plant manager on this site. Time for the truth to be silenced by fear and oppression!
What is this suppose to mean ?????
Enlighten Us

Louisville, KY

#5526 Aug 7, 2013
Has anyone heard about a possible plant closing, in the near future,at the Dover Ohio GE plant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Girard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr NRA_RWNJ 31,513
Mahoning County Sheriff Deputies awarded for he... (May '11) 9 hr 14 year veteran 2
Ex. Rep. Jim Traficant reported to be seriously... Sep 25 chris 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
Duck Dynasty' star will headline Men's Rally in... (Mar '14) Sep 19 Julia 2
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Anyone know this Doctor's name? Sep 3 yourmomma501 3
Girard Dating
Find my Match

Girard Jobs

Girard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Girard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Girard

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]