General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

Jul 10, 2008 Full story: Bloomberg 5,452

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Full Story
ex dead end job employee

Massillon, OH

#5389 Apr 16, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you hate the people so much ..... 4 year degree to worl there. I don't think so , all you had to do was have family get you in with no training and knowledge as to what the job was . Some will take their crossword and internet skills to the nearby fast food.
I didn't hate the people . I hated the low low low wage difference and nothing to even try to make up the gap in between in pay to the lower paid workers.2 tier people get screwed period !!
ex dead end job employee

Massillon, OH

#5390 Apr 16, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that RLP Plant was the worst run Plant to work at. Amd YES the life working outside G.E. is GREAT. Where are you working at now ?
im working at a tool and die shop 8 miles from home . straight days and steady o.t. I gave myself a raise in not spending in gas. I was making 18.88 no o.t at g,e, and driving 32 miles 1 way . now I make 19 8 miles away and steady o.t. I was a d rate . made nothing other die makers made 29,65 hr , so off I went . bye bye greed
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5391 Apr 16, 2013
ex dead end job employee wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't hate the people . I hated the low low low wage difference and nothing to even try to make up the gap in between in pay to the lower paid workers.2 tier people get screwed period !!
The only people to blame at RLP for that 2 tier is the People themselfs. They are the ones that voted that step into the pay scale because they thought that it would protect they own jobs. Some of the people were totaly againt that crap , but other said bring it in. Look where that whole process took them now ....
ex dead end job employee

Massillon, OH

#5392 Apr 16, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>The only people to blame at RLP for that 2 tier is the People themselfs. They are the ones that voted that step into the pay scale because they thought that it would protect they own jobs. Some of the people were totaly againt that crap , but other said bring it in. Look where that whole process took them now ....
yep. it is like saying : well I got mine....little old ladys jerking wire for 26+ bucks an hour... they got there and the new people have NOTHING!!!!
lampmaker

Sardinia, OH

#5393 Apr 16, 2013
ex dead end job employee wrote:
<quoted text>yep. it is like saying : well I got mine....little old ladys jerking wire for 26+ bucks an hour... they got there and the new people have NOTHING!!!!
Well hell yes...blame the little old ladies.
ex dead end jobs employee

Massillon, OH

#5394 Apr 16, 2013
lampmaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hell yes...blame the little old ladies.
well hell they voted for it!! they were told it was going to close if it didn't pass. same exact thing that's going on in erie . witht he new plant in texas . they are going to scare them into a 2 tier also .

Massillon, OH

#5395 Apr 16, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>The only people to blame at RLP for that 2 tier is the People themselfs. They are the ones that voted that step into the pay scale because they thought that it would protect they own jobs. Some of the people were totaly againt that crap , but other said bring it in. Look where that whole process took them now ....
JUST SO YOU KNOW!!!! RLP WAS AND IS NON-UNION!!! THEY VOTED ON NOTHING ..IT WAS TOLD YOU TAKE THE ASS SCREWING OR YOUR JOB IS DONE !!! NON-UNION . no difference I worked in union and we still had the ass screwing . only difference is that RLP employees saved 500 bucks a year in bull shit union dues!!!!
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5396 Apr 17, 2013
ex dead end jobs employee wrote:
<quoted text>JUST SO YOU KNOW!!!! RLP WAS AND IS NON-UNION!!! THEY VOTED ON NOTHING ..IT WAS TOLD YOU TAKE THE ASS SCREWING OR YOUR JOB IS DONE !!! NON-UNION . no difference I worked in union and we still had the ass screwing . only difference is that RLP employees saved 500 bucks a year in bull shit union dues!!!!
I know they are non-union but they still had the votes to accept or reject anything that was on the table. The reason they voted yes on things like the 2 teir was to try and save their own jobs and not looking to the future.If you show a weakness and let them see you are weak they will pick you apart because they know they have a advantage. As for blaming the old ladies for eveything, that is a low blow, all were part of the problem or the solution to the troubles at RLP. The biggest problem at RLP started at the top and worked it way down, you know the saying - just like a toilet flushing - and s--t flows down hill.
Thomas Scutillo

United States

#5397 Apr 17, 2013
(-_-)zzz

Massillon, OH

#5398 Apr 18, 2013
Thomas Scutillo wrote:
(-_-)zzz
just like all your post g.e. whiner...
Justin

Burlington, IA

#5400 Apr 21, 2013
The mentality of some of the people posting on this board is laughable. Thank you for that!!
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5402 Apr 23, 2013
Does anyone know the outcome of the RATBOY's suggestions to mangement to try and save RLP from closing. I am sure it involved throwing about 1/2 of the employees under the bus to try and save his own lazy butt. Well if anyone has info please update because it should be intersesting to read. I would also guess that the RATBOY is willing to give up 1/2 of eveyones pay to save himself ..... Things sometimes never change ......
ex dead end job employee

Akron, OH

#5403 Apr 23, 2013
clueless wrote:
Does anyone know the outcome of the RATBOY's suggestions to mangement to try and save RLP from closing. I am sure it involved throwing about 1/2 of the employees under the bus to try and save his own lazy butt. Well if anyone has info please update because it should be intersesting to read. I would also guess that the RATBOY is willing to give up 1/2 of eveyones pay to save himself ..... Things sometimes never change ......
at least rat boy did not have to pay union due's...THE WAY THEY SAY IT IS:I GOT MINE!!!!
you know

Atwater, OH

#5404 Apr 23, 2013
clueless wrote:
maybe if YOU wouldn't have screwed with RATBOY's equipment YOU wound not have gotten fired and you could have been sitting in the meeting. then you would know that the suggestion was fair for ALL the people. that's why there still closing. they really don't care about the people. were all just a number. all though I would like to say your comment sounds hateful and ignorant. but like you said "things sometimes never change"
Thomas Scutillo

Bloomington, IN

#5405 Apr 23, 2013
if your plant is in the ohio setting.... they have to automate human error out of the way......
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5406 Apr 24, 2013
you know wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe if YOU wouldn't have screwed with RATBOY's equipment YOU wound not have gotten fired and you could have been sitting in the meeting. then you would know that the suggestion was fair for ALL the people. that's why there still closing. they really don't care about the people. were all just a number. all though I would like to say your comment sounds hateful and ignorant. but like you said "things sometimes never change"
NO THANK YOU .... I am 150% very happy where I am at now. Would not ever want to go back. But thank you for the input.
ex dead end job employee

Akron, OH

#5408 Apr 30, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>NO THANK YOU .... I am 150% very happy where I am at now. Would not ever want to go back. But thank you for the input.
i am also glad I left this slug of a company......unless your a person your mom or dad got in years ago , your screwed ....new wages are not even competitive with the outside, the G.E. SO CALLED BOX!!!!LAST THING I HAD WAS GOOD HEALTH INS. they even had to remove that .... I even tried to get out of lighting . interviewed and not even the respect to give me a f%$k you call ......
tired

Circleville, OH

#5410 May 4, 2013
Rumor is that Circleville Lamp Plant is going to get the 2 halogen A19 groups. Any truth to this?
screwed

Detroit, MI

#5411 May 4, 2013
tired wrote:
Rumor is that Circleville Lamp Plant is going to get the 2 halogen A19 groups. Any truth to this?
Hahaha!
Thomas Scutillo

Brunswick, OH

#5413 May 4, 2013
to much trouble to look up NEXT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Girard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 38 min pak yuda 31,008
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Anyone know this Doctor's name? Sep 3 yourmomma501 3
Milk me Aug 29 blanze27 5
Who is this Thomas Scutillo ?? (Sep '13) Aug '14 nikki1007 3
Mountaineer Holds Breath Over Smoke-Ban Plan Aug '14 chris calvin 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
•••
•••
•••

Girard Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Girard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Girard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Girard