General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

Jul 10, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Comments (Page 258)

Showing posts 5,141 - 5,160 of5,445
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lamper

Charleston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I can't imagine union action would be a good idea for any US lighting plant right now. That may have been the way to go 10 years ago, and still may be the way to go in a few years, but Lighting seems to be getting money to close plants pretty easily these days.
west burlington worker

Burlington, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

are any other plants offering retirement with age 60 and 10 years service we are an told was company wide would like to know if they are telling the truth this time .... i still belive we are nearing the end but never can out guess ge
DEAD END JOBS

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

lighting is going down the tubes . they are taking out machines here . scraping old ones that dont run . im jumping ship before the end . nothing but doom and gloom since i started.
incandescent

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

the recent announcements for the plant closings such as ravenna, ohio lamp, and monterrey, mexico may be due to the LED revolution coming up, it is said LEDs will become the new standard in lighting.
dead end jobs

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

incandescent wrote:
the recent announcements for the plant closings such as ravenna, ohio lamp, and monterrey, mexico may be due to the LED revolution coming up, it is said LEDs will become the new standard in lighting.
Whatever the cause is . There should be NO REASON for a lay off or no cash to buy nothing or roof's falling in and leaking . With 2 contract wage freeze's and the 2 tier wage that they got passed. 12 hr wage difference! The place should be flooded with work ,from allover g.e. aviation , transportation , medical , where ever. GREED!!!!
lost in lighting

Piketon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

GE is looking to close all the lighting plants. That is why they are falling down around the employees heads. Keep trying to tell them they
are looking to bring in lines from the places closed in Mexico. What more T-12 crap? Anyone
who know anything alreay realizes those lamps will
not keep the doors open. They have to keep a hold
of older workers because they need that knowledge to keep the doors open a little longer, that is why in the last contract employees really got screwed with SERO's when they were going to lay off. Use to be you got to volunteer with full benefits. Not anymore. Only way to get it is to have a plant closing. Let's hope that doesn't go away in next contract or we all will be in trouble
if you aren't 60. GE has no idea what it was like to start working for them in the late 70's early 80's, just out of High School, being promised if
we work for them we will get a good retirement. Then they work us like dogs with high speed groups and our bodies wear out then GE says, too bad, lets hope you die before we have to pay out anything. I've made a good living, but just would like the chance to let a younger person have job
a little longer and let me try to enjoy what is left of mine.
dead end jobs

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

lost in lighting wrote:
GE is looking to close all the lighting plants. That is why they are falling down around the employees heads. Keep trying to tell them they
are looking to bring in lines from the places closed in Mexico. What more T-12 crap? Anyone
who know anything alreay realizes those lamps will
not keep the doors open. They have to keep a hold
of older workers because they need that knowledge to keep the doors open a little longer, that is why in the last contract employees really got screwed with SERO's when they were going to lay off. Use to be you got to volunteer with full benefits. Not anymore. Only way to get it is to have a plant closing. Let's hope that doesn't go away in next contract or we all will be in trouble
if you aren't 60. GE has no idea what it was like to start working for them in the late 70's early 80's, just out of High School, being promised if
we work for them we will get a good retirement. Then they work us like dogs with high speed groups and our bodies wear out then GE says, too bad, lets hope you die before we have to pay out anything. I've made a good living, but just would like the chance to let a younger person have job
a little longer and let me try to enjoy what is left of mine.
im glad YOU MADE A GOOD LIVING . most of the R rates do . the new hires can not even keep gas in there tanks ... Well i am a journey man . i do not need to work for this kind of company that screws its workers... let it fall i do not care ...
Walter White

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Plant Manager at Ohio Lamp is a plant closer, already closed Austintown, and Nile/Mahoning. He is a lying bag of dung.
Thomas Scutillo

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

housewhite do you live in a cocoon = ha ha haha mz butterfly ha ha ha
OLPLANT

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Walter White wrote:
Plant Manager at Ohio Lamp is a plant closer, already closed Austintown, and Nile/Mahoning. He is a lying bag of dung.
==========
In all, His reputation speaks for it's self. Truth is with anyone, "ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS". When he comes to manage your plant, it's days are numbered, until the announcement of closer. So no matter what a person says, action is what counts in the end.
Free at last

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

The New York Times reported last month that General Electric earned $14.2 billion in international profits, including,$5.1 billion in the United States. Yet GE did not pay a dime in federal income taxes last year. Oddly, President Obama chose GE Chairman and Chief Executive Jeffrey Immelt to head his President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.
According to the Associated Press, Immelt's compensation package doubled to $15.2 million last year, while this year GE is seeking major concessions from the unions that represent its shrinking American workforce. That makes Immelt the wrong guy for the job of jobs czar.
Or as former Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold wrote, "Someone like Immelt, who has helped his company evade taxes on its huge profits - and is now looking to workers to take major pay cuts after his compensation was doubled - should not lead the administration's effort to create jobs."
No lie.
Jobs gone

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Im glad Ravenna is closing its doors. After 20 years of dealing with the impossible goal of six sigma, incompetent management, Machinery that is on its last leg and no money in the budget to make things better, No new products coming into the plant, We have a plant manager that tells the plant that we should be good for another 10 years then the following week announces the plant closing, We have an MSO that sneaks around up on mezanines and catwalks looking down on people making sure they are doing their jobs. This has become a hostile work environment that I am thrilled that I will not be involved with anymore. I'm gonna take my severance, go on vacation, take advantage of the TAA re-education program, take advantage of any G.E. programs and instead of going to a job, I will have a career that I can be proud of, make more money, be happy going to work and happy coming home. To me this is not doom and gloom, It's a joyous awakening and an opportunity for a better life. This has been the answer to my prayers.
Thomas Scutillo

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

don't forget all that money waitress make in tips....never paid a dime in taxes UNTIL ANOTHER GREAT MAN CAME ALONG
Trained2fail

Monmouth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Six sigma was a joke. How many GE plants are closing this year?
west burlington worker

Burlington, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

After 20 years of dealing with the impossible goal of six sigma, incompetent management, Machinery that is on its last leg and no money in the budget to make things better, No new products coming into the plant, We have a plant manager that tells the plant that we should be good for another 10 years then the following week announces the plant closing, We have an MSO that sneaks around up on mezanines and catwalks looking down on people making sure they are doing their jobs. This has become a hostile work environment that I am thrilled that I will not be involved with anymore.

sounds like our west burlington plant
all GE plants must be the same
Clp

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

That sounds like Circleville lamp plant also. They have lead us on about getting some groups from Mexico. Now we cleaned the plant real good. now I hear its a long shot that we may get them. Now if we don't get them this plant will be a mess. They have told us for years we are getting something or lead us to believe we was.
EX DEAD EN JOB EMPLOYEE

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Clp wrote:
That sounds like Circleville lamp plant also. They have lead us on about getting some groups from Mexico. Now we cleaned the plant real good. now I hear its a long shot that we may get them. Now if we don't get them this plant will be a mess. They have told us for years we are getting something or lead us to believe we was.
no dont worry about getting any work from mexico, its all going to Hungary.
EX DEAD ENd JOB EMPLOYEE

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Jobs gone wrote:
Im glad Ravenna is closing its doors. After 20 years of dealing with the impossible goal of six sigma, incompetent management, Machinery that is on its last leg and no money in the budget to make things better, No new products coming into the plant, We have a plant manager that tells the plant that we should be good for another 10 years then the following week announces the plant closing, We have an MSO that sneaks around up on mezanines and catwalks looking down on people making sure they are doing their jobs. This has become a hostile work environment that I am thrilled that I will not be involved with anymore. I'm gonna take my severance, go on vacation, take advantage of the TAA re-education program, take advantage of any G.E. programs and instead of going to a job, I will have a career that I can be proud of, make more money, be happy going to work and happy coming home. To me this is not doom and gloom, It's a joyous awakening and an opportunity for a better life. This has been the answer to my prayers.
This is a positive statement. take advantage of what they have . i jumped ship . crapy pay , gas prices , doom and gloom for last 2 years . good luck
Malcolm

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Lamper wrote:
I can't imagine union action would be a good idea for any US lighting plant right now. That may have been the way to go 10 years ago, and still may be the way to go in a few years, but Lighting seems to be getting money to close plants pretty easily these days.
Circleville doesn't need a union for their pay or benefits. They need a union to keep what they call "management" in check. Group Leaders, Techs and HR are nothing bit a joke. And not a very funny joke either.
Lexington worker

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Jobs gone wrote:
Is your mso, Larry Krift?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,141 - 5,160 of5,445
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Girard Discussions

Search the Girard Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 33 min xxxrayted 28,489
Milk me Jul 6 MAC 4
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
Murder charges surprise family of young victim (Nov '07) Jul 2 Truth 26
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
palace on the pines strip club Jun 26 pld 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Girard Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Girard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE