General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

Jul 10, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Comments
5,061 - 5,080 of 5,448 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 17
Nobody

Polk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5221
Jan 15, 2013
 
Nobody wrote:
Does any of the union plants have in their policy book what's called "the right to assign". We have have here at Circleville. They changed a lot of our policy they say they match a lot of unions now. Now the can put a person on any just they want don't even have to post it or go by seniority.
sorry person on any job they want and don't
tassie

Stoutsville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5223
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Nobody wrote:
Clueless probably don't even work at Circleville. So they don't have no clue what's even going on here. I only had a 15 min break so I had to type fast and didn't have time to proofread. So to make it so you understand. A second shift person and a day shift person was watching RuthAnn come and go. She is our plant secretary. First shift would see her come in late and take over an hour for lunch. And second shift would see her leave early. So she don't even work a 8 hr day but gets paid for a 8hr day. They started noticing it when she got her special parking place in front. People called the hot line and nothing was done about it. So much for that and our management. Now I here they a calling national labor union. She is hourly non-exempt
Rather than worry about this dilemma, where does this woman go to smoke. Everyone knows she smokes like a freight train. Bet she doesn't leave the property to smoke. Probably goes in restroom by her office or maybe smokes in her office. Noone else is allowed to do that.
ExGEfamily

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5224
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

retiree wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have any room to talk about someones spelling. Mangment should be Management, Forth should be Fourth and Repper should be Reaper!!! Guess you are lucky to have a job too!!
This is just funny. Clueless is probably the most active poster, never attacks anyone, seems to know a lot about every plant, and for whatever reason makes a harsh comment about spelling and then is called out for the very same sin. I just think it is funny.

Also, Wilson will shut down any non-union plant that goes union. Just ask the folks at any of the plants that got shutdown when this blog started. What did they all have in common? That is right, they were union. Only union plant he likes is Buycrus.
Dale Doe

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5225
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

has ant one seen my grey sock?
left lighting

Bedford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5226
Jan 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Clueless, how's it going, have you bent any wires lately? Hope your doing well. I had fun working with you
lampmaker

Troy, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5227
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dale Doe wrote:
has ant one seen my grey sock?
probably left it at your girlfriend's house when you had to make a hasty retreat through the bedroom window when her husband came home unexpected...???
Fordman

Dalton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5228
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Where is the union cards at for CLP. I am ready to sign.
clp worker

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5229
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Nobody wrote:
Since when can you take personal or vacation time 10 or 15 min at a time. Just saying that's the kind of bull that goes on here at Circleville. Shit like that is why people here are wanting a union. <quoted text>
why do you care what she does?. She has worked for ge for 50 years, and if the company wants to let her leave after 8 hrs. than that's there business. For all you know they might have told her she only has to work 8 hrs. a day and she's staying 15 min extra on her own time. your just another loser who worries about what everyone else is doing, thinking someone might get just a little more than you got. sometimes people deserve to get a little more than you got. Here's an idea WORK HARDER and quit bashing other people, but i guess if you make everyone else look bad you won't stand out will you?.
Manufacturer

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5230
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ExGEfamily wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just funny. Clueless is probably the most active poster, never attacks anyone, seems to know a lot about every plant, and for whatever reason makes a harsh comment about spelling and then is called out for the very same sin. I just think it is funny.
Also, Wilson will shut down any non-union plant that goes union. Just ask the folks at any of the plants that got shutdown when this blog started. What did they all have in common? That is right, they were union. Only union plant he likes is Buycrus.
Are you kidding? Check back with all the disgruntled comments from someone that does not work there anymore.
mello

Stoutsville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5231
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

clp worker wrote:
<quoted text>why do you care what she does?. She has worked for ge for 50 years, and if the company wants to let her leave after 8 hrs. than that's there business. For all you know they might have told her she only has to work 8 hrs. a day and she's staying 15 min extra on her own time. your just another loser who worries about what everyone else is doing, thinking someone might get just a little more than you got. sometimes people deserve to get a little more than you got. Here's an idea WORK HARDER and quit bashing other people, but i guess if you make everyone else look bad you won't stand out will you?.
You obviously didn't understand what this person was saying. I don't care if you been there 56 yrs. or you are 74 yrs. old. If you are suppose to work 8 hr. days then you do it. It sounds like she isn't putting in 8 hrs. and takes longer lunches than the rest of the people get to. That is my take on this.
Fuhgitahboutit

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5232
Jan 21, 2013
 
mello wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously didn't understand what this person was saying. I don't care if you been there 56 yrs. or you are 74 yrs. old. If you are suppose to work 8 hr. days then you do it. It sounds like she isn't putting in 8 hrs. and takes longer lunches than the rest of the people get to. That is my take on this.
"Sounds like"..... YOU dont know what ur talkin about. TRUST this..... Hate and HIDE behind ur little post. If you are so confident in ur assumptions.... reply with your name... I will retort, u offer YOUR facts.... and I will offer those of MANY!
Fuhgitahboutit

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5233
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nobody wrote:
I guess we have some plant managers coming to our plant next week here at Circleville. So of us are hoping to get close enough to them to tell them how this place is really run. Hoping Ron Wilson is with them. Our hourly HR person is tell people things that's wrong and saying thing she should be saying and mangemant don't even know what she is tell them. We have a section of our plant that when you are working in it you can see the front parking lot. Before they did away with second shaft people started noticing and watching. Our secretary got a special spot for being here for 50yrs so they notice she comes in late and leaves early and take over 1hr for lunch. And she is a hourly employee. So how she get away with that. Cause management sucks here.
REALLY??? "THEY" noticed? I work @ CLP. How about "THEY" bring their FACTS, I will bring MINE.... I have NO PROBLEM standing in the light and what I KNOW.... with my REAL name... REAL FACTS... and I PROMISE, I WONT be standing alone in my defence of the fact of her INTEGRITY! I am ASHAMED to think u are a coworker of mine. If you are so confident in ur thoughts to post them here.... LETS KEEP IT REAL... and do it FACE TO FACE.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5234
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Fuhgitahboutit wrote:
<quoted text>reply with your name
Fuhgitahboutit.
I find it funny how in your first two posts on this board you call out others to use their real name, but you hide behind a handle yourself.
Fuhgitahboutit

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5235
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nobody wrote:
Since when can you take personal or vacation time 10 or 15 min at a time. Just saying that's the kind of bull that goes on here at Circleville. Shit like that is why people here are wanting a union. <quoted text>
DID U GET A PAYCHECK? are you SURE ur FACT are straight? HOW MUCH r u willing to waver?
Fuhgitahboutit

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5236
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

tassie wrote:
<quoted text>Rather than worry about this dilemma, where does this woman go to smoke. Everyone knows she smokes like a freight train. Bet she doesn't leave the property to smoke. Probably goes in restroom by her office or maybe smokes in her office. No one else is allowed to do that.
NO ONE ELSE DOES THAT???? LMAO!!! She is one of the FEW who leaves. Would LOVE for ppl to be SO SECURE in their convictions, that they could say in the open.... vs. post on a site like this... I will be MOST HAPPY to have this conversation FACE TO FACE! WIDE OPEN!
Fuhgitahboutit

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5237
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

if anyone has any DOUBTS who I am.... PLEASE, ASK. I STAND on the TRUTH. Can YOU!?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5238
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fuhgitahboutit wrote:
if anyone has any DOUBTS who I am.... PLEASE, ASK. I STAND on the TRUTH. Can YOU!?
Another Thomas Scutillo
Fuhgitahboutit

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5239
Jan 21, 2013
 
Nobody wrote:
Go union 100%
"Comes in LATE...leaves EARLY"???? Could you PLZ inform me of HER hours?!!! I am SURE u KNOW her hours.. in order to make such a statement of her tardiness, and early outs.
Fuhgitahboutit

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5240
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fuhgitahboutit wrote:
<quoted text> DID U GET A PAYCHECK? are you SURE ur FACT are straight? HOW MUCH r u willing to waver?
Saundra Detty. YOU???
Fuhgitahboutit

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5241
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mira Loma wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Thomas Scutillo
Saundra Detty 25 yrs CLP

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Girard Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Girard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Girard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Girard
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••