General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

Jul 10, 2008 Full story: Bloomberg 5,452

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Full Story
Nobody

Pataskala, OH

#5201 Jan 10, 2013
That's what we have here. Management has it all screwed up. Starting with the two people in HR. They think they can just read the rules witch way best fits them and its never the same. I know their has been some peopl here at the plant talking to some union officials. About what been going on and how to go about starting things up.
retiree

Circleville, OH

#5202 Jan 11, 2013
Nobody wrote:
That's what we have here. Management has it all screwed up. Starting with the two people in HR. They think they can just read the rules witch way best fits them and its never the same. I know their has been some peopl here at the plant talking to some union officials. About what been going on and how to go about starting things up.
Is this the Circleville Lamp Plant?
Nobody

Columbus, OH

#5203 Jan 11, 2013
Yes. Circleville lamp plant
retiree wrote:
<quoted text>Is this the Circleville Lamp Plant?

Since: Nov 12

Davao, Philippines

#5204 Jan 12, 2013
nice thread. thanks for sharing that information. it was very informative.
[url=http://www.legacylegal.co m/credit-education/credit-topi cs/credit-repair-companies.asp ]Credit Repair Companies[/url]
retiree

Circleville, OH

#5205 Jan 13, 2013
Nobody wrote:
Yes. Circleville lamp plant<quoted text>
Thought so. They seem to say or do whatever they like, even after you leave their company. Not proper job ethics.
passing_thru

Dublin, OH

#5206 Jan 14, 2013
veras5th wrote:
I'm a 30 year GE Lighting employee and I'm at a loss for words. Nothing has been spelled out for the employees affected by this "Spin Off". Maybe Jack could give us all a little cash from his wine budget.
Tell politicians to tell G.E....."PAY YOUR TAXES!!!!"

Crooks. Screwing us to give shareholders more money. All while having no patriotism as they move manufacturing to China (where their products are produced with greater toxins).
Nobody

Upper Sandusky, OH

#5207 Jan 14, 2013
I guess we have some plant managers coming to our plant next week here at Circleville. So of us are hoping to get close enough to them to tell them how this place is really run. Hoping Ron Wilson is with them. Our hourly HR person is tell people things that's wrong and saying thing she should be saying and mangemant don't even know what she is tell them. We have a section of our plant that when you are working in it you can see the front parking lot. Before they did away with second shaft people started noticing and watching. Our secretary got a special spot for being here for 50yrs so they notice she comes in late and leaves early and take over 1hr for lunch. And she is a hourly employee. So how she get away with that. Cause management sucks here.
Nobody

Upper Sandusky, OH

#5208 Jan 14, 2013
Go union 100%
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5209 Jan 14, 2013
Nobody wrote:
I guess we have some plant managers coming to our plant next week here at Circleville. So of us are hoping to get close enough to them to tell them how this place is really run. Hoping Ron Wilson is with them. Our hourly HR person is tell people things that's wrong and saying thing she should be saying and mangemant don't even know what she is tell them. We have a section of our plant that when you are working in it you can see the front parking lot. Before they did away with second shaft people started noticing and watching. Our secretary got a special spot for being here for 50yrs so they notice she comes in late and leaves early and take over 1hr for lunch. And she is a hourly employee. So how she get away with that. Cause management sucks here.
May I first say that by your spelling you are lucky to have a job. Second you make no sense. Third if mangment comes to your building they will not let you talk to any of them to explain how things are run there. Forth, They don't care to hear how things are running there, and if Ron Wilson comes to your building it is not a good thing. Ron is like the grim repper when it comes to people working after he enters a building. Good luck and if you do try to tell anyone how the plant is running so crappy you better start to look for another job, they will fire you faster than you can say HELLO ....
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5210 Jan 14, 2013
passing_thru wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell politicians to tell G.E....."PAY YOUR TAXES!!!!"
Crooks. Screwing us to give shareholders more money. All while having no patriotism as they move manufacturing to China (where their products are produced with greater toxins).
I for one as a shareholder like when they give me my dividens for my shares.
Nobody

Upper Sandusky, OH

#5211 Jan 14, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>May I first say that by your spelling you are lucky to have a job. Second you make no sense. Third if mangment comes to your building they will not let you talk to any of them to explain how things are run there. Forth, They don't care to hear how things are running there, and if Ron Wilson comes to your building it is not a good thing. Ron is like the grim repper when it comes to people working after he enters a building. Good luck and if you do try to tell anyone how the plant is running so crappy you better start to look for another job, they will fire you faster than you can say HELLO ....
. They have to have a reasons to fire me and telling the truth is not a reason to fire me. I do my job. Not like others. Ron might like to know what's going on.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5212 Jan 14, 2013
Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>. They have to have a reasons to fire me and telling the truth is not a reason to fire me. I do my job. Not like others. Ron might like to know what's going on.
Keep telling yourself that. They will let you go if you look at one of them wrong. Ron doesn't care about how the plant is running. ALSO - Did they do a mad clean-up to the plant before he is to arrive. Why don't they come in unannounced and see how the plants really run and how they really look on a day to day basis. BECAUSE They don't want to see how bad they are, they are like Horse's with blinders on and thats they way they want it. They could care less about you and I....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5213 Jan 14, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Keep telling yourself that. They will let you go if you look at one of them wrong. Ron doesn't care about how the plant is running. ALSO - Did they do a mad clean-up to the plant before he is to arrive. Why don't they come in unannounced and see how the plants really run and how they really look on a day to day basis. BECAUSE They don't want to see how bad they are, they are like Horse's with blinders on and thats they way they want it. They could care less about you and I....
You got that right. Thursday Maryrose Sullivan (CEO of Lighting) was out for a meeting with the salesmen, and stopped by to see the warehouse. Manager brought in two temps to clean up on Monday to make sure warehouse was clean, and then only showed about a third of the place. As far as I can tell from talking to the guys they did not talk to anyone (I was off that day).

As for firing a person. I too agree with clueless, as if the termination is wrong you could fight it, but it will take a long time. Without a Union can the person afford a lawyer? Company knows this, and don't care. We had a guy here back in 1991 that was wrongfully fired, and it took the Union 14 months to get his job back thru arbitration. While he was given his back pay owed even he said it was good that the Union took care of it, as he would not have been able to spare any money for a lawyer.
Lamp man

Upper Sandusky, OH

#5214 Jan 14, 2013
We have rights. They just can't fire hourly people for no reason.
retiree

Circleville, OH

#5215 Jan 14, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>May I first say that by your spelling you are lucky to have a job. Second you make no sense. Third if mangment comes to your building they will not let you talk to any of them to explain how things are run there. Forth, They don't care to hear how things are running there, and if Ron Wilson comes to your building it is not a good thing. Ron is like the grim repper when it comes to people working after he enters a building. Good luck and if you do try to tell anyone how the plant is running so crappy you better start to look for another job, they will fire you faster than you can say HELLO ....
You don't have any room to talk about someones spelling. Mangment should be Management, Forth should be Fourth and Repper should be Reaper!!! Guess you are lucky to have a job too!!
Nobody

Upper Sandusky, OH

#5216 Jan 14, 2013
Clueless probably don't even work at Circleville. So they don't have no clue what's even going on here. I only had a 15 min break so I had to type fast and didn't have time to proofread. So to make it so you understand. A second shift person and a day shift person was watching RuthAnn come and go. She is our plant secretary. First shift would see her come in late and take over an hour for lunch. And second shift would see her leave early. So she don't even work a 8 hr day but gets paid for a 8hr day. They started noticing it when she got her special parking place in front. People called the hot line and nothing was done about it. So much for that and our management. Now I here they a calling national labor union. She is hourly non-exempt
lampmaker

Georgetown, OH

#5217 Jan 14, 2013
Nobody wrote:
Clueless probably don't even work at Circleville. So they don't have no clue what's even going on here. I only had a 15 min break so I had to type fast and didn't have time to proofread. So to make it so you understand. A second shift person and a day shift person was watching RuthAnn come and go. She is our plant secretary. First shift would see her come in late and take over an hour for lunch. And second shift would see her leave early. So she don't even work a 8 hr day but gets paid for a 8hr day. They started noticing it when she got her special parking place in front. People called the hot line and nothing was done about it. So much for that and our management. Now I here they a calling national labor union. She is hourly non-exempt
somebody needs to get a life...what drama!
Somebody

Logan, OH

#5218 Jan 14, 2013
Have you heard that personal time and vacation time is not just for hourly employees? Hear say? Facts?
Nobody

Upper Sandusky, OH

#5219 Jan 15, 2013
Since when can you take personal or vacation time 10 or 15 min at a time. Just saying that's the kind of bull that goes on here at Circleville. Shit like that is why people here are wanting a union.
Somebody wrote:
Have you heard that personal time and vacation time is not just for hourly employees? Hear say? Facts?
Nobody

Upper Sandusky, OH

#5220 Jan 15, 2013
Does any of the union plants have in their policy book what's called "the right to assign". We have have here at Circleville. They changed a lot of our policy they say they match a lot of unions now. Now the can put a person on any just they want don't even have to post it or go by seniority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Girard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr PASStyme2retireUR... 31,129
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Fri Vic 231
Duck Dynasty' star will headline Men's Rally in... Fri Julia 2
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Anyone know this Doctor's name? Sep 3 yourmomma501 3
Milk me Aug 29 blanze27 5
Who is this Thomas Scutillo ?? (Sep '13) Aug '14 nikki1007 3
•••
Girard Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Girard Jobs

•••
•••
•••