General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

Jul 10, 2008 Full story: Bloomberg 5,452

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Full Story
Circling the drain

United States

#5180 Dec 17, 2012
We hear OLP has no 2013 operating plan as of today. We also heard they passed out name/address/number forms to all employees and called it "annual", although they've never done it before. Any truths??
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5181 Dec 17, 2012
Circling the drain wrote:
We hear OLP has no 2013 operating plan as of today. We also heard they passed out name/address/number forms to all employees and called it "annual", although they've never done it before. Any truths??
Do NOT sign anything except your pay check. If they want you to sign something, ask for a copy for your lawyer to overlook it. Tell them you will return it when this is done. Don;t let them bully you. They want a current address and contact info for some reason, and it will not be a good reason.
lampmaker

Sardinia, OH

#5182 Dec 17, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Do NOT sign anything except your pay check. If they want you to sign something, ask for a copy for your lawyer to overlook it. Tell them you will return it when this is done. Don;t let them bully you. They want a current address and contact info for some reason, and it will not be a good reason.
Probably so they can send your Christmas card...?
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5183 Dec 18, 2012
Maybe they are going to send the PINK slips to the homes to avoid any troubles at the work place.
bigbucks

AOL

#5184 Dec 18, 2012
==========

I believe it is so they can mail our severance check.
Our big fat check will be in the mail.
just little ole me

Louisville, KY

#5185 Dec 19, 2012
Mira Loma wrote:
From the benefit book under job loss:
Job Loss Benefits
1.6.4 How Much is the Lump-Sum Severance Benefit?
The amount of your lump-sum severance benefit depends on your years of continuous service.
If you have at least 6 months but less than 1 year of continuous service...
Then your lump-sum severance benefit equals 2 weeks of pay.
If you have at least 1 but less than 15 years of continuous service...
Then your lump-sum severance benefit equals the greater of:
4 weeks of pay; or
1 weeks of pay for each full year of your continuous service; plus 3/8 of a week of pay for each additional 3 months of your continuous service.
If you have 15 or more years of continuous service...
Then your lump-sum severance benefit equals:
2 weeks of pay for each full year of your continuous service; plus of a week of pay for each additional 3 months of your continuous service.
In addition, you will be paid for any unused vacation days, and if you have one year of continuous service on your plant closing date, you will also be paid for any additional vacation days for which you would have become eligible by virtue of a service anniversary in the calendar year of your termination if the plant closing had not occurred. You will also receive pay for your unused sick and personal days/hours that you have accumulated.
If you are within 12 months of reaching age 60 on your plant closing termination date, you can receive severance benefits, and your continuous service will be preserved until you become eligible to retire at age 60 (unless you retire earlier).
The only ones who would get both are the folks who are 60 and older with 30 or more years of service.
bigbucks

AOL

#5186 Dec 19, 2012
just little ole me wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ones who would get both are the folks who are 60 and older with 30 or more years of service.
==========

So in other words, I can collect my pension and medical (I am over age 60)and get my severance pay when they close.
Also my friend age 57, with 36 years will get to retire and collect their pension. Collect their severance pay too..
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5187 Dec 21, 2012
If no one else says it , HAPPY HOLIDAYS and may your BULB never burn out .....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5188 Dec 21, 2012
clueless wrote:
Thank you, and Happy Holidays to you too.
ExGEfamily

Cleveland, OH

#5189 Dec 23, 2012
clueless wrote:
Back at ya...but we made LAMPs
lampmaker

Wilmington, OH

#5190 Jan 1, 2013
ExGEfamily wrote:
<quoted text>
Back at ya...but we made LAMPs
well...don't LAMPS burn out, too?
ExGEfamily

Cleveland, OH

#5191 Jan 1, 2013
lampmaker wrote:
<quoted text>
well...don't LAMPS burn out, too?
They sure do. Happy New Years
west burlington worker

Burlington, IA

#5192 Jan 5, 2013
so whats going on at the west burlington plant are they going to close
Nobody

Cleveland, OH

#5194 Jan 8, 2013
Circleville plant is going to try and get a union in.
brother

Cleveland, OH

#5195 Jan 8, 2013
Nobody wrote:
Good Luck ....
retiree

Circleville, OH

#5196 Jan 8, 2013
Nobody wrote:
Well, what good is this going to do anyone now? Many have already lost their jobs and a closing is coming soon, everyone there knows that. Too little, too late.
lampmaker

Wilmington, OH

#5197 Jan 8, 2013
Nobody wrote:
why now???
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5198 Jan 9, 2013
That's like saying that RLP should try to vote a union in .. Why now ????? This should have been done a long time ago.. Too little Too late ....
west burlington worker

Burlington, IA

#5199 Jan 9, 2013
we tried to get union in last year it failed by 6 votes but company did things they were not allowed to do so we get a revote sometime just remember the unions got us what we have today not only at ge but as a nation .... our plant took a 30 to 50 precent wage cut to keep our plant open was the worst thing we could have done ... just do what is the right thing for you ...good luck .... and its never to late
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5200 Jan 9, 2013
west burlington worker wrote:
we tried to get union in last year it failed by 6 votes but company did things they were not allowed to do so we get a revote sometime just remember the unions got us what we have today not only at ge but as a nation .... our plant took a 30 to 50 precent wage cut to keep our plant open was the worst thing we could have done ... just do what is the right thing for you ...good luck .... and its never to late
I couldn't agree more..... Vote the union in ...... Don't let the Company feed you the bulls--t they usualy do. Tell them to kiss you a-- because they must not have taking care of the concerns that need for the union to get involved. Another example of MANGEMNET screwing evething up and not taking responsibility for anything .......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Girard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 31,021
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Anyone know this Doctor's name? Sep 3 yourmomma501 3
Milk me Aug 29 blanze27 5
Who is this Thomas Scutillo ?? (Sep '13) Aug '14 nikki1007 3
Mountaineer Holds Breath Over Smoke-Ban Plan Aug '14 chris calvin 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
•••
•••
•••

Girard Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Girard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Girard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Girard