Ohio.com - Speed cameras return today

The controversial speed cameras are on patrol again in various Akron school zones. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Interested Party

Ashtabula, OH

#92 Sep 17, 2007
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
The person making the accusations is who provides the proof. That is how the world works.
As I have said, where is yours.
The TRUTH

AOL

#93 Sep 17, 2007
FYI- The Nazi's from the state are extorting MONEY from Akron's citizens...

Our local guys seem to be of the same mind...
Interested Party

Ashtabula, OH

#94 Sep 17, 2007
The state NAZI guys draw operating expences from liscensing fees and in turn give that money to Akron. The only thing I can think of is the idiot downtown asked the governor to help traffic control to get more money.
Really

United States

#95 Sep 18, 2007
Interested Party wrote:
<quoted text> As I have said, where is yours.
You made accusations that are unethical and maybe against the law. If this is your belief, where is your proof?

I do not need to prove anything. I am not throwing around accusations or suggesting a city is purposely putting people at harm solely for the sake of extra money.
I know things

Ashtabula, OH

#96 Sep 18, 2007
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You made accusations that are unethical and maybe against the law. If this is your belief, where is your proof?
I do not need to prove anything. I am not throwing around accusations or suggesting a city is purposely putting people at harm solely for the sake of extra money.
Please, sit down, think really hard and try to make sense. Or are you even able to at all?

“Just Watching the Parade”

Since: Jul 07

Akron

#97 Sep 18, 2007
Ignorance Spotter wrote:
<quoted text>
A tolerance level was added to the speed camera enforcement program. You are not going to get a ticket for going 22 mph.
You seem to be all about skirting the law. Where does that end with you? Are you in favor of murdering someone "a little bit"? Maybe if you wear a polarized face mask when you murder someone that would make it not illegal?
In preparation of the "my civil rights" crowd that will say my comparison to murder is crazy, yeah, it is. But the point to take away is that the law is the law and you either obey or you don't.
Thank you. I wondered if there was a tolerance level. I drive past East High every morning and I try to keep it at 20 or just below, but I don't think you can be expected to stare at your speedometer to make sure you don't go above 20 mph.
Also, there hasn't been a camera placed there yet, but the flashing lights aren't operating either. This is at 7:15 AM, so I'm not even sure if the 20mph speed limit is in effect at that time. It was last year.
Just to be safe, I keep my speed down.
Really

United States

#98 Sep 18, 2007
I know things wrote:
<quoted text> Please, sit down, think really hard and try to make sense. Or are you even able to at all?
The earlier post has accused cities of purposely shrinking the display of yellow lights in order to catch more people on cameras. It has nothing to do with me thinking about it. Where is his/her proof?
Really

United States

#99 Sep 18, 2007
B_Radley wrote:
Also, there hasn't been a camera placed there yet, but the flashing lights aren't operating either. This is at 7:15 AM, so I'm not even sure if the 20mph speed limit is in effect at that time. It was last year.
I thought the city said they were only considering it a violation if yellow lights were flashing. Some cities do not even do that and expect you just to know the school's hours.
I know things

Ashtabula, OH

#100 Sep 19, 2007
There you go thinking again, where is your proof the city said this?
Really

United States

#101 Sep 19, 2007
Speed cameras snare motorists
You post on a ABL discussion forum and act like you know what is going on, but you do not even remember an article from a couple of weeks ago. Plus, I posted a couple of more. Better you pay attention...

228 drivers ticketed in first three days
By Katie Byard Beacon Journal staff writer
Published on Wednesday, Sep 05, 2007
"The cameras operate only when yellow school-zone lights are flashing, signifying the 20 mph restricted speed limit, city officials have said."

http://www.ci.akron.oh.us/news_releases/2007/...

http://www.ci.akron.oh.us/News_Releases/2006/...
Ignorance Spotter

Akron, OH

#102 Sep 19, 2007
B_Radley wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I wondered if there was a tolerance level. I drive past East High every morning and I try to keep it at 20 or just below, but I don't think you can be expected to stare at your speedometer to make sure you don't go above 20 mph.
The speed cameras are only used while the yellow lights are flashing. With so many different schools involved the enforcement times vary. I think most of the APS high schools are from 7:30 to around 8:30 but don't quote me on that. If the lights are flashing is what it has come down to.

Thanks for obeying the speed limit :)
The TRUTH

AOL

#103 Sep 19, 2007
OBEY
Just Taking Note

Akron, OH

#104 Aug 21, 2008
LilOne wrote:
<quoted text>
Send me a photo of me speeding in a school zone, and when I pay the fine I'll tell the court that if they weren't too cheap to hire an officer to patrol that zone, they would've caught me drunk too.
Funny, however, don't be so dumb as to admit guilt to DUI.
ODOT

Akron, OH

#105 Aug 21, 2008
Interested Party wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a politician trying to justify theft from a motorist, where is yours?
Both are correct in your statements. However, most if not all municipalities had increased the yellow time because to many driver were running the yellow and intersection accidents/fatalities increased. Now, reducing time is not taking them below stated seconds. Although I would say that police do not issue enough tickets even when thsy see an offense committed because many don't want to go to court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Girard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duck Dynasty' star will headline Men's Rally in... (Mar '14) 7 hr Julia 3
General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Nov 18 Circleville lamp 5,473
Staci Fox Nov 15 Austin 1
Reminiscing of 60s and 70s Youngstown (Dec '09) Nov 12 Tdt3607 17
Police officer injured in Youngstown accident Oct 31 aaarg 1
How Dangerous is Youngstown? (Mar '09) Oct 29 aaarg 5
Mahoning County Sheriff Deputies awarded for he... (May '11) Oct '14 14 year veteran 2
Girard Dating
Find my Match

Girard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Girard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Girard

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:10 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:10AM
Ben Tate and Jerick McKinnon's Fantasy Football Outlook for Week 12