Concealed Handgun License Holders Bar...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nano 9

Kilgore, TX

#21 Dec 11, 2012
aint skeerd wrote:
I myself believe that a real man doesn't need a gun for protection. Are you people so scared that you have to carry a weapon everywhere you go?
A real man will protect what he has from what ever threat there may be. Maybe 30 years ago a man could settle things fist to fist, you my friend should look around - times have changed -
gonefishin

Longview, TX

#22 Dec 13, 2012
How bout if a metal detector was installed at the entrance to disarm the thugs. Be a fair fight then.
Shaggy

United States

#23 Jan 10, 2013
A 'No Guns Allowed' sign or a picture of a pistol with a red circle crossed out is not a legal sign. With the exception to government buildings, post offices, and public schools, the only legal sign that can keep you from going into a store or public place with a weapon is a 30-06 Form. Which must be placed at every entrance, otherwise you can go into the one entrance that doesn't have the form posted while carrying a concealed handgun (with your CHL license of course).
Mike

Marshall, TX

#24 Jan 23, 2013
aint skeerd wrote:
I myself believe that a real man doesn't need a gun for protection. Are you people so scared that you have to carry a weapon everywhere you go?
Wish someone would have had one in the Theatre in Aurora Colorado.
Anonymous

Longview, TX

#25 Dec 8, 2014
The possibility of the presence of one or more armed citizens in a public place is a deterrent to wily criminals. Having a sign outside an establishment barring law-abiding citizens the privilege that they have earned to carry a concealed handgun greatly diminishes said deterrent and thereby, greatly compromises the personal security of those persons within such a property.
realman

United States

#26 Jan 2, 2015
aint skeerd wrote:
There are plenty of these "real" men who thought like you. They are now dead because they were "real" men.

“OH Good Grief”

Since: Nov 13

Longview Texas

#27 Jan 3, 2015
Just seems to me, If there are 200 people in any store at one time, and 100 of them are legally trained and licensed and allowed to carry loaded guns, I just feel safer knowing there is so much protection if anything was to happen. I hate to say this, but I'd feel safer in that store than I would in the middle of a police station.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#28 Jan 5, 2015
granpapa wrote:
Just seems to me, If there are 200 people in any store at one time, and 100 of them are legally trained and licensed and allowed to carry loaded guns, I just feel safer knowing there is so much protection if anything was to happen. I hate to say this, but I'd feel safer in that store than I would in the middle of a police station.
Sounds like a recipe for total carnage.
rejaro

Dallas, TX

#29 Jan 7, 2016
Just a hunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl under a rock and hide
Be a fish in a barrel
rejaro

Dallas, TX

#30 Jan 7, 2016
Texasjust777 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right that Longview is not the Wild West. In the Wild West most of the shootings were in saloons where bad men shot each other. The robbery rate for example in one mining towns of Bodie and Auorora, was 7% of that of New York. In other words you are about 14 times nore likely to be robbed in New York City than you would have been in the Wild West. The burglary rate for the two wild west towns was 1%. Rape was alnost non existent. So you might say there is a greater need for one to carry a gun for self defense now, than there was in the days of the wild west.
So the policy of the Longview Mall of posting NO GUN SIGNS on their doors make it far more likely that you or me or anyone else might be a victim of one of the known street gangs, such as the Mexican Mafia and MS-13. While you as a shopper might me there to shop the predators from such gangs, and other trash are there as well to prey upon the weak. I for one do not approve of JC Penney and the Longview Mall, or any other stoe which posts such signs as that means only law abiding citisens who have gun permits won't be armed, but the street thugs and gangs will be. So posting such
signs make it even more dangerous for me to shop there, so I will boycott them and make my purchases from stores which do not have such signs.
Alot of people don't seem to get the fact that gun free zones are really fish in a barrel zones.
This IS the Wild Wild West and all the criminals have the guns.
Idiots who say real men don't need guns will be the first to run and hide or else will be the first to die.
Historically citizens carried arms wherever they went.
If you are in a situation that is life threatening wouldn't you want to be able to defend yourself ?
Go to a gunfight with anything but a gun and you lose.
Everytime.
Andy

Wentzville, MO

#31 Feb 12, 2016
aint skeerd wrote:
*Said a real DUMB man*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Wilson (Feb '08) Tue heidi ho 145
Unsolved murders (Mar '07) Jun 26 Justices 120
sabine isd school board Jun 24 Donedonedone 3
sabine isd school board Jun 24 Donedonedone 1
Ron Horaney Jun 14 Etxcitizen 5
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Jessica Dawson Martin is having an affair with... Jun 10 Rambling 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilmer Mortgages