Concealed Handgun License Holders Barred From Carrying In Longview Mall?

Posted in the Gilmer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Longview, TX

#1 Jun 1, 2009
I think I will be taking my business elsewhere. Gun Free Zones attract criminals. I don't feel safe there.
Anon1

Carrollton, TX

#2 Oct 30, 2009
Totally agree, it only helps the criminal. People need to wise up.

Since: Oct 09

Longview, TX

#3 Nov 4, 2009
what a joke, only law abiding citizens will abide by the law, criminals will still carry their guns to the Malls
Just a hunch

United States

#4 Dec 23, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
I think I will be taking my business elsewhere. Gun Free Zones attract criminals. I don't feel safe there.
Crawl under a rock and hide

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#5 Jan 3, 2010
By definition, concealed carry means that no one knows you ARE carrying.

Unless you do something really stupid, they'll never know if you're carrying in the mall.

And if a situation comes up where it's absolutely necessary to use your weapon to protect your life - or the life of another -

Do you really think you'll be charged for illegally carrying?
ron Bigony

AOL

#6 Feb 20, 2010
I would love to hear their reasoning ? Makes no sense to me.
aint skeerd

Mitchell, IN

#7 Mar 3, 2010
I myself believe that a real man doesn't need a gun for protection. Are you people so scared that you have to carry a weapon everywhere you go?

Scrotum, Idaho

#8 Mar 3, 2010
aint skeerd wrote:

I myself believe that a real man doesn't need a gun for protection.

Are you people so scared that you have to carry a weapon everywhere you go?
Certainly not scared of you.
Frustrated

Portland, IN

#9 Mar 4, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly not scared of you.
As you shouldn't be carry a gun to a fist fight.

Scrotum, Idaho

#10 Mar 4, 2010
Frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>
As you shouldn't be carry a gun to a fist fight.
And you shouldn't confuse what you see on TV with real life.
Frustrated

Mooresville, IN

#11 Mar 9, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
And you shouldn't confuse what you see on TV with real life.
This aint Dirty Harry or some movie you have watched. U tote ur gun there Barney Fife, and I will be Sheriff Taylor.

Scrotum, Idaho

#12 Mar 9, 2010
Frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>

This aint Dirty Harry or some movie you have watched.

U tote ur gun there Barney Fife, and I will be Sheriff Taylor.
More likely Barney Fife.

But either way, bring it on.
Texasjust777

Whitney, TX

#13 Dec 11, 2010
I happened to be traveling through Longview, Texas and my friend needed to stop and buy something and I waited in the vehicle. I noticed the NO GUN Signs outside the doors. Prior to noticing them I thought I need some winter clothes, coats and things for me and another family member but I did not go in. I figure any place with a No Gun Sign is too dangerous for me to shop there since it is a gun free killing zone for criminals and any jihadist that might want to go beserk, so I told my firend we would not be stopping at that mall in the future. I am sorry to have to boycott all the american businesses that may be inside the store, but I won't go anywhre and I will encourange anyone else who has a gun permit to boycott the mall. I did not happen to see where the criminals were lined up to turn their guns in before going into the mall so I assumed that some of them were circling the parking lot looking for potential victims. I can buy direct from China or anywhere in the world and have it delivered UPS since the stores in this shopping mall and other malls like it don't need our business and wish to endanger their customers. They ought to put up signs that say Attention Criminals, the law abiding citisens have been disarmed, soas to make it easier for you to pick up free merchandise.
Willie Granville

Warwick, RI

#14 Dec 11, 2010
TexasJust777:Longview isn't the WILD WILD WEST nor is Texas. I know the crime rate in the town is high. When I am in the town or when I travel I carry a gun, but not in the store's. I have more problems with cops, wanting to take my gun than criminals when I am pulled over by them.
Smooth Tip

Tallahassee, FL

#15 Dec 11, 2010
Willie Granville wrote:
TexasJust777:Longview isn't the WILD WILD WEST nor is Texas. I know the crime rate in the town is high. When I am in the town or when I travel I carry a gun, but not in the store's. I have more problems with cops, wanting to take my gun than criminals when I am pulled over by them.
Willie Granville, the dumbest poster on TOPIX
Willie Granville

Warwick, RI

#16 Dec 12, 2010
Smooth Tip wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie Granville, the dumbest poster on TOPIX
Thank you. I never said I was smart. Only smart enough not to carry a gun into a store.
Texasjust777

Whitney, TX

#17 Dec 12, 2010
Willie Granville wrote:
I live in Texas too, but not Longview. My rule though is never to shop, never to support any store which has No Gun Signs. Stores whether American or not, which have such signs demonstrate that they don't care about their customers being assaulted on their property, by armed criminals who did not care about their signs. Stores who post such signs will lose customers who are member of pro gun groups and who have gun permits. One of the events that led to gun reform in Texas was the cafeteria shooting in Luby Cafeteria where about 33 were killed and a lady had to watch her parents being muredered. So if they don't want someone with a permit and gun in their store, then I respect their right, but I also advocate those who oppose that policy boycotting the Longview Mall because of it. I will shop at stores where there are no such signs.
Texasjust777

Mifflinburg, PA

#18 Jan 4, 2011
Willie Granville wrote:
You are right that Longview is not the Wild West. In the Wild West most of the shootings were in saloons where bad men shot each other. The robbery rate for example in one mining towns of Bodie and Auorora, was 7% of that of New York. In other words you are about 14 times nore likely to be robbed in New York City than you would have been in the Wild West. The burglary rate for the two wild west towns was 1%. Rape was alnost non existent. So you might say there is a greater need for one to carry a gun for self defense now, than there was in the days of the wild west.

So the policy of the Longview Mall of posting NO GUN SIGNS on their doors make it far more likely that you or me or anyone else might be a victim of one of the known street gangs, such as the Mexican Mafia and MS-13. While you as a shopper might me there to shop the predators from such gangs, and other trash are there as well to prey upon the weak. I for one do not approve of JC Penney and the Longview Mall, or any other stoe which posts such signs as that means only law abiding citisens who have gun permits won't be armed, but the street thugs and gangs will be. So posting such
signs make it even more dangerous for me to shop there, so I will boycott them and make my purchases from stores which do not have such signs.
Salt n light

Homer, LA

#19 Jul 8, 2011
aint skeerd wrote:
I myself believe that a real man doesn't need a gun for protection. Are you people so scared that you have to carry a weapon everywhere you go?
Might not be skeered ....but are you an idiot?
Salt n light

Homer, LA

#20 Jul 8, 2011
Texasjust777 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right that Longview is not the Wild West. In the Wild West most of the shootings were in saloons where bad men shot each other. The robbery rate for example in one mining towns of Bodie and Auorora, was 7% of that of New York. In other words you are about 14 times nore likely to be robbed in New York City than you would have been in the Wild West. The burglary rate for the two wild west towns was 1%. Rape was alnost non existent. So you might say there is a greater need for one to carry a gun for self defense now, than there was in the days of the wild west.
So the policy of the Longview Mall of posting NO GUN SIGNS on their doors make it far more likely that you or me or anyone else might be a victim of one of the known street gangs, such as the Mexican Mafia and MS-13. While you as a shopper might me there to shop the predators from such gangs, and other trash are there as well to prey upon the weak. I for one do not approve of JC Penney and the Longview Mall, or any other stoe which posts such signs as that means only law abiding citisens who have gun permits won't be armed, but the street thugs and gangs will be. So posting such
signs make it even more dangerous for me to shop there, so I will boycott them and make my purchases from stores which do not have such signs.
Hey,,,,,,I will vote for you for president in 2012! You must not live in a bubble of illogic like these other bozos!
I vote to scare the heck out of the criminals as opposed to having the criminals make everyone's live in fear!
It's just common sense. These losers in gangs and such that choose to murder, rape,steal ect might think twice if they knew that they might be gunned down if they did . But that would take a brain though.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharon Daniels takes Jimerson's plea offer (Mar '07) 23 min Raine 80
Review: Upshur Rural Electric - Cooperative (Jan '14) Dec 19 Steveo 4
Meeting on bond issue election draws pointed re... (Oct '13) Dec 19 Steveo 3
man at mcdonald's Dec 18 Sterling Marlin 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Karen Pate Hart Dec 17 Noplaya 1
Henderson man charged with manslaughter in 2007... (Feb '09) Dec 15 c tiner 26
Gilmer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gilmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gilmer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gilmer

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News