Upshur County constable candidate arrested

There are 8 comments on the May 15, 2012, KETK story titled Upshur County constable candidate arrested. In it, KETK reports that:

Our news partner The Longview News Journal reports that a man seeking political office in Upshur County was arrested and booked into the county jail Monday, records show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KETK.

Surrie

Tyler, TX

#1 May 16, 2012
Don't judge too quickly. The Gilmer Police Department will try to arrest anyone for anything. The Gilmer judicial system is the most crooked organization in the area. The attorneys, judges, sheriff and everyone are tied in thick. Thick as in they cover for each other. Just read the Gilmer newspaper and you can read about the area judges, sheriff and the stupid things they do in positions where they should be doing just the opposite. The joke is that the people in the county are stupid enough to keep re-electing them. Of course the educational level of the population of Gilmer is about the 8th grade.
Gilmer Gal

Gilmer, TX

#2 May 17, 2012
Surrie wrote:
Don't judge too quickly. The Gilmer Police Department will try to arrest anyone for anything. The Gilmer judicial system is the most crooked organization in the area. The attorneys, judges, sheriff and everyone are tied in thick. Thick as in they cover for each other. Just read the Gilmer newspaper and you can read about the area judges, sheriff and the stupid things they do in positions where they should be doing just the opposite. The joke is that the people in the county are stupid enough to keep re-electing them. Of course the educational level of the population of Gilmer is about the 8th grade.
I think you should worry about your own county elections. I located to Gilmer about 3 years ago. College educated, career minded - Gilmer holds just as many intelligent citizens per capita as Longview, I'll bet. We just don't have all the crime you do.
M smith

Avinger, TX

#3 May 18, 2012
Surrie wrote:
Fillers education level is comparable with most large cities, 78% of citizens hold high school diploma. As for justice, this same guy was involved in domestic violence, perhaps his wife has a different view?
J gilmer

Knoxville, TN

#4 May 21, 2012
It amazes me that a person can be arrested and charged for something without any evidence or proof..but based on an angry womans evil testimony(lie). You jerks have no buisness or authority to judge wayne. You may want to clean out your own damn closets. So sick of gossips..and corrupt gov officials!
ABC

Gilmer, TX

#5 Aug 24, 2013
Why did he plead guilty? Hmmmm...
Republican

Mount Pleasant, TX

#6 Aug 25, 2013
Gilmer Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should worry about your own county elections. I located to Gilmer about 3 years ago. College educated, career minded - Gilmer holds just as many intelligent citizens per capita as Longview, I'll bet. We just don't have all the crime you do.
Gilmer is full of idiots and they are mostly in an elected political office. They got their because of their relatives, not their accomplishments. Just ready the Gilmer Mirror. The police? Ha, there is the biggest joke of all. They are the most crooked around. Many of them are as bad as the criminals they arrest. When their friends get in a problem they arrest the person complaining on their friend. I've lived in Gilmer for years and it is a town of idiots. I'm college educated and a successful business person and all I can say is that you are in the dark on this issue.
Republican

Mount Pleasant, TX

#7 Aug 25, 2013
M smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Fillers education level is comparable with most large cities, 78% of citizens hold high school diploma. As for justice, this same guy was involved in domestic violence, perhaps his wife has a different view?
78% hold a high school diploma? Really? You really don't live in Gilmer do you? Most people have difficulty making complete sentences in Gilmer. Not that many in the area are college educated or business owners. Gilmer is famous for being the joke of East Texas in the newspapers and television.
Skrill

Gilmer, TX

#8 Oct 26, 2013
Why did he plead guilty?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gladewater post 281 baseball team 19 hr Albert 1
Review: Remedy Foundation Repair Thu Diane Daniels 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 22 Fart 798
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 18 Fart Smoke 633
Inmate tries to bring meth into correctional fa... Apr 17 jaxhall 1
Buckner Westminster Place Hosts Political Forum... Apr 16 Lauren Witt 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Longview, TX (Jan '12) Apr 15 Brian_G 36
More from around the web

Gilmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]