Few At Gilmer Schools Take Early Reti...

Few At Gilmer Schools Take Early Retirement (Sat May 7, 2011)

Posted in the Gilmer Forum

LiesLiesLies

Kilgore, TX

#1 May 8, 2011
Has anyone read this article on the front page of the Gilmer Mirror yet? It is unbelievable how full of lies it is!! How shameful! It starts out saying "the school is not currently planning any "reduction in force" and quotes Supt. Albritton as saying "we're not planning on laying anybody off". I am friends with many teachers in the area and know for a FACT that he personally let MORE than 10 teachers go at the elementary school and told them it was "due to budget cuts and hard times"!!! These were EXCELLENT teachers that worked extremely hard this year with little help/support from administration. The article also talks about how not many teachers retired/resigned and he states, "that tells me that people like their jobs. People like working here and we don't want to force anybody out." Who is he kidding? I know NUMEROUS teachers at that school district that were planning on leaving this year because of the horrid working conditions and terrible administration but chose not too because of the poor economy and the fact that no other schools will be hiring next school year. It is unbelievable that this man would post such an article to the public stating that he doesnt want to "force anyone out of their jobs" when thats exactly what he did. This man is not a christian and needs to be booted or Gilmer schools will never thrive. I feel so sorry for the Gilmer teachers and the students that have to attend that Gilmer schools.
April

Mount Pleasant, TX

#2 May 10, 2011
It tells me that the teachers cannot find jobs anywhere else, otherwise they would run like wildfire. Many are complaining about the administration, but in reality they are just unable to go anywhere else. When you live in a small town and just drive a couple of miles to work with no traffic of course you do not want to change jobs, but budget cuts have hit and the teachers will have to adjust to the job situation just like the rest of us have. Don't like your job or the work environment then you need to leave. The griping is not going to get you anywhere. Gilmer has had one of the most pathetic school systems for years, so it is about time they clean out all the dead weight there and start fresh. Replace those deadbeats with people that actually appreciate their job and want to be there. Welcome to budget cuts Gilmer! I would expect and hope that at least half of you lose your jobs. You've all ridden the horse too long and now it is dead.
Bernie

Mount Pleasant, TX

#3 May 10, 2011
LiesLiesLies wrote:
Has anyone read this article on the front page of the Gilmer Mirror yet? It is unbelievable how full of lies it is!! How shameful! It starts out saying "the school is not currently planning any "reduction in force" and quotes Supt. Albritton as saying "we're not planning on laying anybody off". I am friends with many teachers in the area and know for a FACT that he personally let MORE than 10 teachers go at the elementary school and told them it was "due to budget cuts and hard times"!!! These were EXCELLENT teachers that worked extremely hard this year with little help/support from administration. The article also talks about how not many teachers retired/resigned and he states, "that tells me that people like their jobs. People like working here and we don't want to force anybody out." Who is he kidding? I know NUMEROUS teachers at that school district that were planning on leaving this year because of the horrid working conditions and terrible administration but chose not too because of the poor economy and the fact that no other schools will be hiring next school year. It is unbelievable that this man would post such an article to the public stating that he doesnt want to "force anyone out of their jobs" when thats exactly what he did. This man is not a christian and needs to be booted or Gilmer schools will never thrive. I feel so sorry for the Gilmer teachers and the students that have to attend that Gilmer schools.
Teacher, Teacher, Teacher, go find a job somewhere else. We don't care. Boot yourself out the door with Albritton. Most Gilmer teachers have been a joke all of their lives. It's no wonder they are scared to enter the job market. No one will hire them and they are right. Other school districts know the low quality that comes out of Upshur County and they do not want you at their school system and frankly you couldn't make it anywhere else. Otherwise, you would have already resigned your job, sent out resumes, interviewed and obtained a job somewhere else. Or your would have been smart enough to have become the superintendent that makes the decisions and has a job, instead of the teacher that plays follows the leader. So your wondering why the sky is falling. Don't look up because it will hit you right in the face.
Idiots

Kilgore, TX

#4 Jun 23, 2011
You guys are all saying that Gilmer needs to clean out the teachers. The problem is...Gilmer IS cleaning out the teachers----just the wrong ones!! They ONLY lay off/fire the teachers that aren't born and bred brainwashed "Gilmerites". They WONT get rid of the very ones that are running the place into the ground because they are so caught up in the corrupt politics of the school themselves. Have you ever heard of a TRAYLOR getting fired/laid off from that school? Hell no! The whole family and extended family works there and every single one of them needs to be thrown on the street and told to get a real job. Bet their name wouldn't mean 6 digits then, would it?
Rick

Mount Pleasant, TX

#5 Jun 23, 2011
If the teachers were truly worth what they think they are worth they would not have any trouble finding a job - anywhere. When you are average or sub-par then you run into problems finding jobs. Welcome to the real world. Teacher have had it cushy for years. Now they all get to see how the rest of the world functions in the job market. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do with a teaching degree but teach, so I guess you all need to go back to school, so to speak....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Wilson (Feb '08) 6 hr tdv 137
ashley madison 23 hr Suspicious 3
kenny davlin Sat lol 5
Review: FTS International (ftsi) Aug 22 MadMan Loosing Job 1
Unsolved murders (Mar '07) Aug 20 Cantstandinjustice 118
Foxhunter Club waitress (Sep '10) Aug 17 Shauntel 7
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilmer Mortgages