Location hidden

#2 Apr 17, 2012
don't bother, it's a scam college. they're not even accredited
Chadwick green

United States

#3 Oct 26, 2012
slash2312 wrote:
don't bother, it's a scam college. they're not even accredited
They are accredited. The facts is what you need. Call the board and find out yourself before making slanderous remarks. Maybe the department of education or Texas workforce commission might be able to help you. Like I said the facts are important at least to the people who believe in reality.
Fomer Student

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2013
I graduated from this school but would not recommend to any one. Very dysfunctional and unorganized. Very "Ghetto"....
el paso vista college

El Paso, TX

#5 Oct 21, 2013
Vista is a waste of time!!! On the third week my instructor let everyone see their grades! I never missed a day so my participation grades are always a 100! The last week I viewed my grades and my participation from day one to the last day are 70 %! I asked her how they went from 100 to 70 and all she said was " I dont know what to tell you"! Its obvious she changed my grades because she felt some type of way but at least find an excuse! Very unprofessional environment ! Vista college in el paso
Sunshine

Euless, TX

#6 Nov 2, 2013
Anyone have any comments about their cosmetology program?
Monique

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Nov 21, 2013
This school is a scam!!!!! i had to take off because i had delivered my baby and they told me i could return and when i tried they said i couldn't i had to pay like 6000 back and i am now in debt with student loans of like 14,000 because of this stupid ass school that i didn't get to finish...
PrettyP80s

United States

#9 Mar 11, 2014
Yup most defiantly a SCAM. Smdh shame on yall. I called and it sounded like someone picked up a house phone. Im glad I did my research.
matt

Longview, TX

#10 Apr 27, 2014
PrettyP80s wrote:
Yup most defiantly a SCAM. Smdh shame on yall. I called and it sounded like someone picked up a house phone. Im glad I did my research.
I made an apt and took a tour. Were very informative and helpful. It IS accredited and a private school which is why it's 21k. I'm still debating on if thw Networking degree is worth it because I'm not computer Savvy.
matt

Longview, TX

#11 Apr 27, 2014
Fomer Student wrote:
I graduated from this school but would not recommend to any one. Very pdysfunctional and unorganized. Very "Ghetto"....
What campus and what was your major? I'm trying to find out if the Networking or IT or computer science major is the way to go for someone not very tech savvy. Ty
CURRENT STUDENT

United States

#12 May 13, 2014
I AM CURRENTLY A STUDENT AT VISTA IN LONGVIEW AND I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN MY CLASSROOM PORTION. I AM NOW DOING MY EXTERNSHIP. HONESTLY IF I COULD DO EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN I WOULD STILL GO TO VISTA BECAUSE THE COLLEGE OFFERS CERTAIN ATTRIBUTES I WAS LOOKING FOR. I LOVE THE SHORT TIME PERIOD IN WHICH I CAN EARN MY CERTIFICATION AND THE FACT THAT I CAN WORK FULL TIME AND STILL GO TO SCHOOL WAS A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME. WORKING AND ATTENDING COLLEGE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CHALLENGE FOR ME BUT IT WORKED OUT WHEN I WENT THROUGH THE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM,. THOSE ARE MY MAIN REASONS FOR ENROLLING AS A STUDENT AT VISTA. HOWEVER, THE EXPENSE OF TUITION IS EXCESSIVE AND I HAD STUDENT LOANS BEFORE COMING TO VISTA; THEREFORE, I ALREADY KNOW PAYING OFF THE COMBINED AMOUNT WILL BE AN UPHILL BATTLE. THE PROFESSIONALISM OF THE STAFF WAS DISAPPOINTING AND THE CONSTANT CHANGING OF RULES WAS IRRITATING. I HAD THE FEELING LIKE THE PROGRAM WASN'T STABLE AND NOT WORTH THE MONEY. OVERALL, MY TEACHERS IS WHAT MADE THE DIFFERENCE FOR ME. I REALLY LEARNED A TRADE AND ENJOYED LEARNING IT!!!! THE HANDS ON EXPERIENCE IN THE DENTAL OFFICE SETTING WAS VERY MUCH LIKE I DO RIGHT NOW (TRAINING AT AN ACTUAL DENTAL OFFICE) I WAS PREPARED FOR THE ACTUAL WORLD IN DENTAL ASSISTING! SO MY ADVICE TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN VISTA VERSUS TRADITIONAL COLLEGE IS TO WEIGH YOUR OPTIONS. COST, TIME IN SCHOOL, LEARNING ENVIRONMENT,ETC GOOD LUCK!
Elpasobusted

El Paso, TX

#13 Jun 8, 2014
This school is horrible they teach u answers to a test that's it and it's all about your money their job placement is a joke and staff try and literally screw students. Way to much money to pay for this school I'd rather suck it up and go to community college
First class out

Longview, TX

#14 Jul 8, 2014
I was in the first set of classes that was at the Longview campus. This school has so much drama that it wasn't even funny. I had to drop out for a while but I did come back I was told I owed 300$ and then I was good to go now 2 years later I still do not have a job as a medical assistant and I'm getting calls from vista sayin I owe them 3000$ don't waist your time or money here
HVAC Hipster

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jul 14, 2014
I graduated from the Las Cruces, NM campus with my HVAC Diploma and I would recommend this program to every Man that believes taking care of business is important! I am currently preparing to take my State journeyman exam and am one happy customer. GOOOOO Vista!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 min Fossilfeul 18,531
Review: PRO-Test Inc 2 hr reddog 2
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 21 hr That Fart Guy 22,619
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 21 hr That Fart Guy 570
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sun That Fart Guy 800
nsa Sat gayguy 2
Kelly Wilson Sep 19 Damaris 1
•••
•••
•••

Gilmer Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Gilmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••