New Misdemeanor Charges Filed Against 3 Upshur County Elected Officials

There are 7 comments on the Jun 7, 2011, Tyler Morning Telegraph story titled New Misdemeanor Charges Filed Against 3 Upshur County Elected Officials. In it, Tyler Morning Telegraph reports that:

BY PHILLIP WILLIAMS Special Correspondent GILMER -- New misdemeanor charges were filed Tuesday against three Upshur County officials already facing other misdemeanor charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tyler Morning Telegraph.

Gerald

Mount Pleasant, TX

#1 Jun 7, 2011
Upshur County this guy is end up bankrupting the entire county with legal fees. Why doesn't everyone start asking for this guy to resign. Cleary he is an attorney that does not know the law. How else could you do so many "questionable" acts. We all know how business gets done in Gilmer and Fowler appears to be following others in the Good Old Boy system. Why doesn't he resign? An attorney accepting a 70K salary as a county judge? Does he really still have a law license or has it been taken away? You've got to wonder why an attorney would be a county judge, an elected position that any Good Old Boy can get. You don't have to be an attorney. If this guy really cared about Upshur County he would resign from this position before he bankrupts us all. Fowler has always looked out for himself before others. Remember when he help to vote himself a pay raise just after he first started working? RESIGN FOWLER! As long as you try to continue in this position the prosecutor will keep finding all of your dirty little secrets and I have heard there are alot more questionable acts being looked into.
redneck

AOL

#2 Jun 7, 2011
More trumped up charges, get real fool. Let's get the attorney General in Here, merely a delay to keep them from getting re elected.

Pretty low down and CHIKEN-S..... if you ask me.

Upshur County used to be a great place to live now it's full of overpriced real estate taxes and idiots on a power trip.

Wake up boys you're not in the big leagues go to Greeg or Smith or Titus and see if your crap plays there. Bunch of WANNA' BES
Gerald

Mount Pleasant, TX

#3 Jun 7, 2011
Re-elected? Only an ignorant "redneck" would elect a failure as an attorney in a job not requiring an education to start with (county judge). The lazy bum is playing county judge because he can sit on his behind and be the big fish in the extremly small pond of Gilmer. Fowler never has been able to make it own his own. If it wasn't for his father-in-law he would have never been elected in the first place. If it wasn't for his father-in-law he never would have gone to law school. Do you get the picture.... Redneck. Fowlers name in Gilmer before his association with the Poole family was zip. Fowler is a Wanna Be and will Never Be. That's why he is in Gilmer and in the job he is in. Get use to the higher taxes this bum is running up the tab on legal fees trying to keep his puny job.
Willie

East Greenwich, RI

#4 Jun 8, 2011
redneck:You said Upshur county used to be a "great" place to live. Now tell me when & where? You don't think the Tx. Attorney General don't know anything about this? Yes they are on a "power trip" and the tax payers are paying for the trip. You mention Gregg, Smith & Titus county. Sheriff Tom Welsh went to prison, FBI investigation. Sheriff Bobby Weaver stopped for DUI, charges dropped Kangaroo court. Sheriff J.B. Smith of Smith county, pictures were shown of stolen equipment on county property. The claim was Smith knew about it, charges dropped Kangaroo court. All you got is the same players in a different ball park.
Willie

East Greenwich, RI

#5 Jun 8, 2011
Gerald: Only a Ignorant Redneck would elect him, I like that comment. Who do you think elected all these people? The way some of you keep talking about this Poole family, maybe they should take some of the blame. They got him elected, he is a member of the family. They should know something. I will say this from reading the posts that family has been drug through the mud. This whole mess is a good example of when you let: THE IGNORANT-REDNECKS-IGNORANT-CHR ISTIANS-BLACK OR WHITE ETC.- run a goverment. THEY ALL CONSIST OF HATE, FEAR, POWER THAT IS WHITE POWER-BLACK POWER, when they run it they run it into the ground. I am doing GOOD this morning, didn't use a cuss word. Damn something got to be wrong with me.
Terminator

Longview, TX

#6 Jun 8, 2011
Willie wrote:
Gerald: Only a Ignorant Redneck would elect him, I like that comment. Who do you think elected all these people? The way some of you keep talking about this Poole family, maybe they should take some of the blame. They got him elected, he is a member of the family. They should know something. I will say this from reading the posts that family has been drug through the mud. This whole mess is a good example of when you let: THE IGNORANT-REDNECKS-IGNORANT-CHR ISTIANS-BLACK OR WHITE ETC.- run a goverment. THEY ALL CONSIST OF HATE, FEAR, POWER THAT IS WHITE POWER-BLACK POWER, when they run it they run it into the ground. I am doing GOOD this morning, didn't use a cuss word. Damn something got to be wrong with me.
I agree with you 100%!
Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

#7 Jun 9, 2011
Terminator wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%!
You agree 100% that there is something wrong with me LOL. No I just speak what I think is right. Now I read about another death in Gregg county jail, now a law suit on the way. I know let's send these 3 if convicted to Gregg County jail to do their time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gladewater post 281 baseball team Fri Albert 1
Review: Remedy Foundation Repair Thu Diane Daniels 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 22 Fart 798
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 18 Fart Smoke 633
Inmate tries to bring meth into correctional fa... Apr 17 jaxhall 1
Buckner Westminster Place Hosts Political Forum... Apr 16 Lauren Witt 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Longview, TX (Jan '12) Apr 15 Brian_G 36
More from around the web

Gilmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]