Fowler trial moved to Wood County

Fowler trial moved to Wood County

There are 10 comments on the Gilmer Mirror story from Sep 22, 2011, titled Fowler trial moved to Wood County. In it, Gilmer Mirror reports that:

A state district judge has set the official oppression trial of suspended Upshur County Judge Dean Fowler for the week of Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gilmer Mirror.

Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

#1 Oct 10, 2011
Ok boys & girls today is the BIG DAY, 10-10-11. It is now just a matter of hours before lift of unless some malfunction is found.
Darren

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2011
HA, the only malfunction is the County Judge.
Darren

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2011
So what happened yesterday in Fowlers case? I have not heard anything.
Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

#4 Oct 11, 2011
Darren wrote:
So what happened yesterday in Fowlers case? I have not heard anything.
That is what I was wondering. If I was there I would have been at the BIG TRIAL. But this is typical of East Texas. Ever heard of an elected criminal getting JUSTICE?
Darren

United States

#5 Oct 11, 2011
HA, I bet the court house is a sold out show for this judge of the kangaroo court. He's finally learning how the law operates for the first time in his life. He has been so use to handing out crap to people that he did not like over the years it is wonderful to see him get it all back in his face now.
Laughing About It

United States

#6 Oct 12, 2011
He is finally on trial in Wood County. They tried to get the case thrown out again for something they said the prosecutor had done. The case was not thrown out. If Fowler is innocent as he proclaims it looks like he would be rushing to court to prove his innocence, but instead he and his attorney have done everything they can to get the case thrown out. Everyone seems to know of this guy and it is no wonder every tactic has been used to keep him out of court. I think Wood County should throw the book at him. Otherwise we are going to send him to Wood County. LOL
Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

#7 Oct 12, 2011
Laughing About It: You can bet Wood County has problems of it's own. If you send Flower there and they take him, you still have many more in the Court System in Upshur County that needs to go also. What has been the whole problem is the voters have "swapped" the WITCH for the DEVIL in most cases. Why there are no HONEST politicians as many will say? The voters want something that is in it for them, in other words being selfish. I hope fair JUSTICE is served in this case and those others that are coming up.
Tom

Mount Pleasant, TX

#8 Oct 12, 2011
The judge in the case intervened in the jury, told them there was not enough evidence, and let Flower off. Now how does a judge let another judge off with a jury there? This just smells of Upshur County political intervention.
Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

#9 Oct 13, 2011
Tom: I have told yall all the time, the difference between Wood County & Upshur County is only the COUNTY LINE.
Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

#10 Oct 13, 2011
Tom wrote:
The judge in the case intervened in the jury, told them there was not enough evidence, and let Flower off. Now how does a judge let another judge off with a jury there? This just smells of Upshur County political intervention.
I just read the story Tom of what you were talking about. I have made another post on this issue. I think the Judge is from Canton, is it the same one who granted the trial to be moved to Wood County? It is all TEXAS POLITICS, unless you get the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT involved you don't have a PRAYER in cases like this. But the people in most cases don't want the FED's involved and this is what you get is TEXAS JUSTICE. When I saw those PROBATION OFFICERS in the County get off the hook, I figured the same would happen here and don't be upset if the same don't happen in some up coming trial's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Fartman 904
Sisters Bistro mt pleasant Texas Jul 2 Todd 1
Review: Vista College (Apr '12) Jul 1 sherlou 20
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Farters 742
Jessica Cargil Jul 1 gilmer 3
News Officer-involved shooting investigation turned ... Jun 27 what 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Longview, TX (Jan '12) Jun 26 Jordin 37
More from around the web

Gilmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Gilmer Mortgages