Litchfield City Website

Posted in the Gillespie Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The King

Mattoon, IL

#1 Feb 7, 2013
I just read the Journal News, and see that Alderman Tim Hancock (a regular poster here), addressed the $10K web site proposal at the last city council meeting. He's right,$10K is too much, I too, have created web sites and have all the tools to display hit #'s and source.
These guys just don't seem to understand that the citizens of Litchfield are sick and tired of this unnecessary, frivolous spending!
We need to take names of those who don't understand this AND VOTE ACCORDINGLY!!!!
Good catch Tim Hancock!!! Keep up the good work!!
3rd Warder

Mattoon, IL

#2 Feb 7, 2013
I thought it was for a "tourism" site but $10k is too much for a makeover and google analytics.

Not long ago, I think the city spent about $30k (correct if wrong) for new server and backup software. That too is too much. I made a similar purchase and spent less than $15k.

Also, did they Shop Litchfield First?
CPO Sharkey

Mattoon, IL

#3 Feb 7, 2013
Did this go ut for bid? I mean that much money you would think they would want to save money and get the best bang for the buck (our bucks) anddo right for the City and the people who live and SUPPORT IT. Plenty of people right here in twon that can do this and are in business for that reason. Seems when some of these Council folks need to remember what they told everyone to get votes. Wefind money for pay raise, we find money to give to a non for profit org, we find money and equipment to give a BUSINESS out of town to start running ambulance transfers (hows that working out?) But just ogut of the way to do business with people from outside our community. I've been told it's the law that a City has to purchase low bid. That's not true. The City can accept or reject anybids and except a bid that would best the City. Bunch of BS and City Hall is full of it. Just my thoughts.
fatboizs

Mattoon, IL

#4 Feb 7, 2013
funny,after all the money spent on that web site ,i quit looking at it ,when they still had DUMDKIRK as MAYOR and that was just last summer LMAO
The King

Mattoon, IL

#5 Feb 8, 2013
I'm not sure how they got the proposal from the Collinsville web design outfit. Isn't there a bid process in place to ensure the most cost effective product is purchased? If not, why isn't there one in place?
This just seems like an example of bloated government, spending money to justify its existance.$10K for a Litchfield tourism site? Really? Just how is that justified? And had it not been for Hancock, it would probably be a done deal.
We see this fiscal recklessness with monotonous consistency from this Litchfield city government. It calls into question either their competence or their integrity. Either way, we need to identify the culpable, and VOTE THEM OUT!!
CPO Sharkey

Mattoon, IL

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Guess now all we know were some of the ambulance purchase money was going. Funny how it was in the budget and one of the yes voters stops it. Money has to be used some place else.
fatboizs

Mattoon, IL

#7 Feb 8, 2013
BIDS,we don't need no stinking bids we got TOMMY and his lame duck four and our 10 % angies list girl.
Vet

Mattoon, IL

#8 Feb 13, 2013
It's always easier to spend someone else's MONEY
3rd Warder

Mattoon, IL

#9 Feb 13, 2013
A better question for the Economic Developer would be: why is she putting so much effort into getting a new TOURISM site instead of developing the economy with places to work & shop? Soon all the "tourists" will have is a museum dedicated to a strip of asphalt and empty homes.
CPO Sharkey

Mattoon, IL

#10 Feb 13, 2013
3-W, the answer I think is that's what Andy wants. Bike rde did not work that well, so falling back on plan "B". Eveyone knows that NOTHING in City Hall is done with out the "Ok" of the City Adman. Ask the Mayor he tell ya that. Job security you know Andy.
fatboizs

Mattoon, IL

#11 Feb 13, 2013
rumor has it 27000 per acre was offered by a city offical for a corn field to put a water and sewer line to and one of the canidates and two aldermen want it done before the election, so when you ask, see if you can tell who needs the worm in the bottom of the bottle.
The King

Mattoon, IL

#12 Mar 5, 2013
Well, the plot thickens. Looks like they tried to sneak that $10K web site purchase through again. To compound things, it appears our tourism czar may have been caught in a little prevarication regarding her alledged attempt to contact a local web designer. It seems she stated that she, "tried to send him an e-mail but didn't hear anything back". Tim Hancock had been in contact with this gentlemen, and he had stated that he had not heard from the tourism czar.
It's pretty obvious whats going on here, and it's a bunch of bullshit.
Once again, GOOD CATCH Mr. Tim Hanncock!!!
3rd Warder

Mattoon, IL

#13 Mar 5, 2013
She was caught in a lie. Safe to assume it wasn't the first?

Just wondering....
Has the city looked into buying a used website? I've heard used is better than new.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#14 Mar 5, 2013
3rd Warder wrote:
Has the city looked into buying a used website? I've heard used is better than new.
ROFL...And you owe me a new keyboard.
CPO Sharkey

Mattoon, IL

#15 Mar 6, 2013
Has anyone ever walked by the City hall parking lot during the day? It may answer the majic question about the out of town purchases. You just can't find good used or new cars here in litchfield or in the County, so why would you want to get a internet done by someone in the City or County? It's easy now to understand why Litchfield goes out of it's way to NOT SHOP Litchfield, when the main peope of the City Goverment shop out side the City. Nice role models. Hope that helps.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#16 Mar 6, 2013
The King wrote:
Well, the plot thickens. Looks like they tried to sneak that $10K web site purchase through again. To compound things, it appears our tourism czar may have been caught in a little prevarication regarding her alleged attempt to contact a local web designer. It seems she stated that she, "tried to send him an e-mail but didn't hear anything back". Tim Hancock had been in contact with this gentlemen, and he had stated that he had not heard from the tourism czar.
It's pretty obvious whats going on here, and it's a bunch of bullshit.
Once again, GOOD CATCH Mr. Tim Hancock!!!
Don't take this as a "gotcha" King.....I will validate what I said on the council floor by correcting your error. The gentleman you refer to in your post is no gentleman at all. Terri is a woman and very pleasant to speak with. In fact she was in a hurry to get to a meeting (I think with the County) and our call dropped. She called me right back even though she was in a big hurry and could have just blown off the call to give herself breathing room to make the meeting. She represents the kind of people that this City needs to build relationships with, not those from communities that only wish to drain our tax dollars to bring back to their home towns. She represents local business with drive and dedication to doing what is in the best interest of this community and maybe not so much for her pocketbook and time. I give her props,others may feel different,but in my limited dealings with her...she stood up and defended YOU....the taxpayer.

Keep speaking out and thanks for the props, Tim
Fedup

Hillsboro, IL

#17 Mar 6, 2013
She sure does!
WTF

Mattoon, IL

#18 Mar 7, 2013
Tim Hancock wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take this as a "gotcha" King.....I will validate what I said on the council floor by correcting your error. The gentleman you refer to in your post is no gentleman at all. Terri is a woman and very pleasant to speak with. In fact she was in a hurry to get to a meeting (I think with the County) and our call dropped. She called me right back even though she was in a big hurry and could have just blown off the call to give herself breathing room to make the meeting. She represents the kind of people that this City needs to build relationships with, not those from communities that only wish to drain our tax dollars to bring back to their home towns. She represents local business with drive and dedication to doing what is in the best interest of this community and maybe not so much for her pocketbook and time. I give her props,others may feel different,but in my limited dealings with her...she stood up and defended YOU....the taxpayer.
Keep speaking out and thanks for the props, Tim
Is the contractor doing the work at Walton Park local? Do we not have local contractors who do this work? Seems an issue was raised concerning the bid process there also. Yet no one here questions the integrity of the Park District Czar? Explain to me how this is different? You can't and it isn't.
fatboizs

Mattoon, IL

#19 Mar 7, 2013
WTF WTF is a tard
Vet

Mattoon, IL

#20 Mar 10, 2013
wow,Hollohead is concerned about the city spending money for walton park.It only took him 2 years to bit-- about the city spending money--what a doofus.Hurry up and carry that water for tax'em Tommy, Hollohead

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gillespie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nicole miller (Nov '15) 17 hr LouieLouis 12
News 2 Virginia Democrats vying to be face of Trump ... 17 hr JesseJack 19
News Stewart sold himself as Trump's 'Mini-Me' and lost Jun 14 Cath League of Du... 1
Moochers galore (Nov '16) Jun 11 user9600 7
Give Some Take Some May '17 fields 2
Nicole Miller Staunton paramedic May '17 Johnny Mac 4
Lady in apartment on state street across from c... Apr '17 Looking for massage 1

Gillespie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gillespie Mortgages