Friend cheating on her husband

Posted in the Gilbertsville Forum

Seeking Advice

Mayfield, KY

#1 Jan 5, 2011
So I have a friend who has been telling me that she is not in love with her husband anymore and she feels like she may have made a mistake by marrying him. Any other time I would just stay out of it. Although, the whole situation is extremely complicated and I can't give anymore details except I was friends with the husband long before the wife. She has been using me as an excuse and then meeting whoever it is that she is messing around with. And I think that she might be trying to turn her husband against me because he just isn't acting like himself toward me. Should I stay out of it and hope for the best for both of them? Or should I be the bearer of bad news and let him in on what I know?
Sandy

United States

#2 Jan 5, 2011
If you was friends with the husband first tell him and after you tell him take him and show him proof so you will not be the worlds worst friend in his eyes!! Just saying...
wky woman

Frankfort, KY

#3 Jan 5, 2011
I've been in this situation before, you may want to tell him if you think he will believe you; but Sandy is correct, you may want to tell him with proof to back you up. If my husband was cheating on me, I would want to know.
wky woman

Frankfort, KY

#4 Jan 5, 2011
How long have they been married?
Seeking Advice

Mayfield, KY

#5 Jan 5, 2011
They have been married less than two years. And yes I do have proof. But I don't want to be the "worst" friend ever. If I don't tell and he finds out that I knew, then I am, and if I do tell him I am. I just don't know what to do!!? This is the worst feeling in the world! The thing that really kills me is that the person she is cheating with is one of his best friends!
Sandy

United States

#6 Jan 5, 2011
Do they have children? And if not and your that good of a friend to him just make a friendly dinner date with him and show him the proof and tell him that she came to you with this and you came to him with it, because you don't want to see him getting hurt any worse then you know he is going to already. But if you keep going along with it, the guilt is going to eat you up. So really how good of a friend is he to you?
Seeking Advice

Mayfield, KY

#7 Jan 5, 2011
No they don't have children together,but he is the only father her child knows. That is another reason I have kept quite about all of it. She even told me that she wants to let him have the children on weekends. But by doing that I feel that she is just looking for a way to keep him in the picture and on "standby" for her if the other relationship doesn't work out. I mean how fair is that to him. I don't know any woman who would be understanding enough to be in a relationship with a man who has visitation to a child that isn't biologically his. He hasn't even adopted them. There is just so many people who will be affected by either decision that I make, but I guess you are right....I just need to muster up the courage and tell him and hope that he understands the struggle I had in deciding whether or not to tell him. Thanks for all the advice.
Sandy

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2011
Well Seeking Advice if you don't do it then this is going to be on your mind either way it works out. And if her relationship doesn't work out with the other guy, she will just do it again with another guy and so on, so on. It will never stop and you never know what if she gives him something maybe AIDS!!!
the best advice

Mortons Gap, KY

#9 Jan 7, 2011
RUN FAR AWAY
Weelllllll

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2013
How'd this turn out. I have been in a similar situation and my friend that has been cheated on chooses not to believe anyone and went back to his wife. Just wondering how it turned out for u .
angie

Cadiz, KY

#11 Jan 13, 2013
You would not be the worst friend telling him is being a good friend but make sure u can prove it and even if that means bringing him to where they meet if u no she is not a good friend to u by putting u in the middle dnt lose his friendship cause she cnt be faithful and divorce him before messing around that is just wrong. So do the right thing bring the proof and let him no... Hope this helps u... Best of luck!!!
WTH

Big Rock, TN

#12 Jan 16, 2013
angie wrote:
You would not be the worst friend telling him is being a good friend but make sure u can prove it and even if that means bringing him to where they meet if u no she is not a good friend to u by putting u in the middle dnt lose his friendship cause she cnt be faithful and divorce him before messing around that is just wrong. So do the right thing bring the proof and let him no... Hope this helps u... Best of luck!!!
angie are u the same one that was cheatingon your husband with a freind of his cause if so that's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black don't ya think
angie

Gracey, KY

#13 Jan 20, 2013
No I have never cheated on my husband. Wrong person...
Damn

Princeton, KY

#14 Jan 20, 2013
The girl is obviously wanting you to tell the husband, that will make it easier on her..... Meanwhile, the husband is getting cheated on so you need to tell him if he believes you or not is on him. If I knew someone was cheating I would tell immediately.... Honestly, Your not that good of a friend cause you haven't told him yet you shouldn't of let a day go by

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 20, 2013
Damn wrote:
The girl is obviously wanting you to tell the husband, that will make it easier on her..... Meanwhile, the husband is getting cheated on so you need to tell him if he believes you or not is on him. If I knew someone was cheating I would tell immediately.... Honestly, Your not that good of a friend cause you haven't told him yet you shouldn't of let a day go by
Tell him. He needs to know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbertsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pepsi truck wreck (Aug '13) 25 min curious 12
West Marshall School 1 hr Ally 3
stalker 2 hr stalked by a psycho 1
Who is the easiest girl to hook up with in mars... 3 hr Oh yea 7
kathryn york 9 hr drinking class 3
Cougars wanting hot young men 9 hr Cougarlover 1
Taylor's in Calvert City 9 hr Capt Obvious 23
Gilbertsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web