Fear of rival gangs detours motorcycle festival

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Thousands of motorcycle riders roared into Grayslake on Sunday for a huge rally and festival at the Lake County Fairgrounds, only to find their party had been brought to a screeching halt by officials worried ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 273 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2014
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Nostalgic Discrimination

Chicago, IL

#1 May 5, 2008
The Hell's Lovers MC? In Grayslake?
LOL.
Me thinks the trib did a typo.
Harley lover

Lees Summit, MO

#2 May 5, 2008
"...profiling" motorcylists? Whoa! Attention, plaintiff's and civil rights bar: You have a whole new class of folks to work with!!
Russell

AOL

#3 May 5, 2008
The only thing we have to fear is morons like Mayor Perry and Sheriff Curran. No one can guarantee anyones safety, ever, at any time. The excuses being used are utterly ridiculous.

I suppose Perry will cancel the Lake County Fair this year because the Latin Kings are known to attend.

Must be something in the water in Grayslake and Lake County to turn their officials and residents into whimpering little idiots.
Sam

Middleboro, MA

#4 May 5, 2008
"Only twenty officers?" I remember when they had one car and two cops, no night shift or jail. The longer I live, the happier I am it is not forever. This is Grayslake people!
Whats Next

Wheeling, IL

#5 May 5, 2008
I'm sure they will cancel the annual dog show next. Once they find out dogs bite.
eddie

United States

#6 May 5, 2008
mayor knows best .
Lefty

Lombard, IL

#7 May 5, 2008
This is silly. Lake County and the Grayslake area lost alot of $$ that would have been spent by all kinds of people.
These two rival biker gangs will find each other elsewhere and settle the score - if that is what they are all about. I really don't believe they would be that stupid to do something at a BIG rally/festival with many others attending.
I know alot of Biker Blessings went on yesterday- and after that alot of bikers would have headed up to that rally.

What I don't understand is why is "Jagermeister" promoting drinking and driving.
Tom

Girard, OH

#8 May 5, 2008
The solution is to use Global Warming to make the peace for all
Steve

Gurnee, IL

#9 May 5, 2008
Ifthe state police were tipped off then what can you do? They made the right call. Next time the bikers shuld keep thier mouth shut.
u gotta be kidding

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 May 5, 2008
"You've got to err on the side of caution," said the sheriff. Then we might as well cancel all public gatherings everywhere. Who appointed this jerk our nanny?
bobber

Carmel, IN

#11 May 5, 2008
This is the same nit-wit town that shut down the Lake County Fairgrounds gun shows several years ago. Those shows were held for years w/o any problems. Town "leaders" just invent things to cancel legal events they don't like. Welcome to the police state.
Neocon

United States

#12 May 5, 2008
Sam wrote:
"Only twenty officers?" I remember when they had one car and two cops, no night shift or jail. The longer I live, the happier I am it is not forever. This is Grayslake people!
Hire Andy, and Barney and Guber, better yet move next year celebration to Mayberry.
Neocon

United States

#13 May 5, 2008
Lefty wrote:
What I don't understand is why is "Jagermeister" promoting drinking and driving.
Who said Jagermeister is promoting driving? They are only promoting drinking.
irritated neighbor

Des Plaines, IL

#14 May 5, 2008
I hope the Mark from LITH quoted in the article is the same guy that rides down the street he lives on and has to rev his engine to let EVERYONE know he's coming home EVERY times he rides his bike...it's irritating, we do not need to know or care, just want you to be courteous.
Pat Mc Ginnis

Pleasanton, CA

#15 May 5, 2008
God bless Jeanne Brewer. At last a voice of good sense in a sea of N I M B Y self important cry babies.
hate bikers

United States

#16 May 5, 2008
my faulse tip worked didn't want that county or city to make any money. Ha ha....
CORE

Chicago, IL

#17 May 5, 2008
Sounds like the Fairgrounds should get de-annexed from the village.
MG Fox Lake

Canada

#18 May 5, 2008
You think they could get the Hell's (Lovers??????) Angels name right? They have only been around forever. I attended the rally and we had a blast at Austin's. I think the mayor of Grayslake did a huge injustice to it's towns name and the many businesses that would have bennifited from us bikers money coming into their economy. SHAME ON YOU!!
David B

Indianapolis, IN

#20 May 5, 2008
I have known a lot of bikers and they all just want a good time just like everyone else. Trouble is forced on them as it is definitely not something a Biker looks for. Everyone loves to have good food, friends and a good time.
George D

Chicago, IL

#21 May 5, 2008
Hell's Lover's ??? Please, A rock station playing heavy metal ??? Oh my. Let's talk about 99% of bikers, the Christian Motorcycle Association, The High Road Riders, The Patriot Guard, and the 100's of other riding clubs like these. It's people that ride their bikes to church then go to a Sunday rally like the Round Up. That's 99% of bikers. The Outlaw's were @ the Walnecks swap meet in Woodstock 3 weeks ago, there were a lot of them, guess what, nothing happened, they mind their own business & were showing the same respect that was shown to them. Hopefully the People's Republic Of Grayslake we'll have enough sense to vote in a new mayor in their next election & when the Fair Grounds move next year we'll be able to excersise our constitutional right to assemble.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilberts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr JonahI 49,515
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 8 hr only one voter 1,909
hey butt slammer Aug 29 assslammer 2
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) Aug 28 The-one-who-was-t... 4
Elgin teen fatally hit by Metra train (Oct '07) Aug 25 MariaTheLoyalist 77
Power plant opposition surfaces in Crystal Lake Aug 25 Shining Star of Cary 2
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Mr Ridgway 3,922
•••
•••
•••

Gilberts Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gilberts People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gilberts News, Events & Info