Posted in the Gilbert Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
mark

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2009
44 Arrested in Mingo Drug Raid, More Expected

MINGO COUNTY, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- The West Virginia State Police say 44 people were arrested on drug charges in Mingo County during a two-day raid dubbed "Operation G2."

Four law enforcement agencies executed 64 sealed indictments and warrants on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Troopers say "Operation G2" was the result of a six month investigation between the WVSP and the Williamson Police Department.

"The lead investigators are to be commended for the success of 'Operation G2,'" said Sergeant Michael Baylous with the West Virginia State Police. "Their hard work and dedication has caused a significant dent in the drug trade in the greater Mingo County area.

These items were seized during the sting:
137 Alprazolam tablets
264 Oxycodone tablets
336 Hydrocodone tablets
38 MDMA (Ecstacy) tablets
125 Diazepam tablets
1.5 grams of Crack Cocaine
73.3 grams of Cocaine
1,019 Marijuana Plants
$13,208.00 in U.S. Currency
1 Geo Tracker
1 Toyota Scion
1 Toyota Rav-4

These people were arrested and charged on felony drug charges from the Williamson area:
Frank Allen
William Allen
John Arn
Robert Baldwin
Angel Ball
Stephen Ball
Crystal Castle
Jonathan “JJ” Childress
Chris Cline
Jerry Cline
Paul Crawford
Jimmy Diamond
Don Elkins
Stephanie Elkins
David Hairston
Jennifer Hairston
Dee Hammond
Claude Helvey
Curtis “Curtie” Hight
Charlotte Hopson
Priscilla Marcum
Roger Marcum
Sheena Mounts
Tammy Owens-Nichols
Matthew “Matt” Parks
Angel Stanley
Lafe Stanley
John “John Boy” Tincher
Lawrence Wilkerson

These people were arrested and charged on felony drug charges from the Gilbert area:
Mark Belcher
Sandra Belcher
Alfred Berry
Elbert Berry
Jeremy Cline
Joann Cline
Nathan Ellis
Joshua Simpkins
Patricia Sparks
Edith Stanley
Audrey Stumbo
Larry Teems
Vickey Teems
Howard Burgess
Jerry Berry

Troopers say they expect to make more arrests in the near future.
More to come haha

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2009
EYEWITNESS NEWS

most of the some 60 people they were looking for were home.

It wasn't a cold case, it just looked like one, as raiders scooped up dozens of alleged drug suspects in the snow after a six month probe started by state troopers and Williamson Police. Cops also seized more than 13,000 thousand dollars in cash, a thousand marijuana plants, crack cocaine, 3 vehicles and hundreds of prescription pain killers. Williamson Police Chief Robey Pope said: "It's always been a tremendous, big problem--mainly a lot of prescription drugs." There were plenty of disatisfied customers "What did you say?' It's a set-up." Troopers were also helped by convervation officers, the FBI and the National Guard. The heavy snow here in Mingo County made road travel difficult but it did not stop the drug raids. WVSP Sgt Michael Baylous said: " The U. S. Postal Service has known that rain, sleet, snow or hail is not going to stop their operation. It is not going to stop us. Just as they deliver mail, we're out to deliver justice. " The half-a-foot of snow may have actually helped. While it made it difficult to drive and fly, most of the some 60 people they were looking for were home.
Ha Ha

AOL

#3 Feb 4, 2009
Delivering Justice in any clime and place!!

“Thank ya, thank ya very much”

Level 1

Since: Jan 09

Memphis, Tennessee

#4 Feb 4, 2009
I wonder if they deliberately waited for a "snow day" to do this. On one hand, it's pretty clever, because it's easier to catch the perpetrators at home. On the other hand, it was kind of dumb, since the kids were also at home instead of at school.

Regardless, this raid has been long overdue. Good work, WVSP. I hope I see more of these in the future.
Security

United States

#5 Feb 4, 2009
Wonder if they are going to arrest the doctors that prescribed the prescription medications?If not, the buisness will just be passed to someone else!
1 post removed
to elvis

Cleveland, OH

#7 Feb 4, 2009
The Ghost of Elvis wrote:
I wonder if they deliberately waited for a "snow day" to do this. On one hand, it's pretty clever, because it's easier to catch the perpetrators at home. On the other hand, it was kind of dumb, since the kids were also at home instead of at school.
Regardless, this raid has been long overdue. Good work, WVSP. I hope I see more of these in the future.
Pretty smart they see them do the drugs and sell them at home should see them answer for their deeds i hate it for the small children but may help older ones good job and thanks for everyone involved
1 post removed

Level 1

Memphis, Tennessee

#9 Feb 4, 2009
to elvis wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty smart they see them do the drugs and sell them at home should see them answer for their deeds i hate it for the small children but may help older ones good job and thanks for everyone involved
I seem to remember seeing on TV somewhere that some departments actually preferred to conduct raids when they knew kids were going to be at home because the perpetrators were less likely to be violent then. Does anybody know if there's any truth to this?
MINNIEMOUSE

Gilbert, WV

#10 Feb 4, 2009
They don't want to stop the Doctors. the Doctors can get away with everything. and you no the funny thing of it is if you need pain pills because you was in pain. they don't want to help you. but take someone not hurting can walk into there offices and he or she can get what ever they want. it is all wrong.they need to start with the doctors to,, And I not saying WVSP is not doing there jobs Because this is a good start. Something need to be done befor the kids that are growing up now dont get on drugs and never make anything of there lives. GOOD GOING WVSP,,,,
Funny

Gilbert, WV

#11 Feb 4, 2009
Isn't this hilarious, not to long ago there was a thread on here about Mark and Sandra, I read a few of them stateing that they had "got their act together" and was "clean" and now you see their mugshots plastered on the jail's website...lol
1 post removed
ya dont say

Gilbert, WV

#13 Feb 5, 2009
In a way it might help the kids to see their parents get caught and hauled off to jail, however this might sound,it is educating them as to what can happen if you do this kind of thing.
Pro School

Gilbert, WV

#14 Feb 5, 2009
Does anybody know the jails web site?
fed up

Welch, WV

#15 Feb 5, 2009
wv rja, google it it will pull up from there
mark

United States

#16 Feb 5, 2009
Savannah Belcher

United States

#17 Feb 5, 2009
i have you know Sandra & Mark are my mom and dad and i dont appreciate it you getting on here talking about them & they are clean i have you know they got them because they have been watching them since May and they weren't clean in May through mid October and they got them now because of pot. my mom and dad arent on pills and they are clean even away from pot so whatever you got to say keep it off of here because im sick of people puttin my mom and dad down they are people like the rest of you hipocrites are they have their habits like the rest of us so grow up some and really its none of noones business what goes on in my family!
Just me

United States

#18 Feb 5, 2009
Savannah Belcher wrote:
i have you know Sandra & Mark are my mom and dad and i dont appreciate it you getting on here talking about them & they are clean i have you know they got them because they have been watching them since May and they weren't clean in May through mid October and they got them now because of pot. my mom and dad arent on pills and they are clean even away from pot so whatever you got to say keep it off of here because im sick of people puttin my mom and dad down they are people like the rest of you hipocrites are they have their habits like the rest of us so grow up some and really its none of noones business what goes on in my family!
WHAT DO YOU CALL POT..{IT's LIKE A DRUG SO THEIR POT HEADS} you grow up girl. boohoo mom and dad aren't on pills. boohoo
(RIGHT)
yep yep yep

Delbarton, WV

#19 Feb 5, 2009
i think pot shouldn't be against the law because it doesnt kill like the rest does.
bossat8

United States

#20 Feb 5, 2009
it might not kill but it will land your azzz in jail
1 post removed

Level 1

Memphis, Tennessee

#22 Feb 5, 2009
bossat8 wrote:
it might not kill but it will land your azzz in jail
Which is lame. Here where I live do you know what it lands you? A citation and a fine, and *maybe* probation. But then I live in a state that isn't stuck in the Dark Ages.
1 post removed
the word

Bridgeport, WV

#24 Feb 5, 2009
i say you shouldnt cry about it. is you do the crime shut up and do the time. well the state will have to support a lot of families now while there parents are in jail. do they still draw a check while there in there!!!!
bossat8

United States

#25 Feb 5, 2009
oh no they cut your check out if convicted of a felony maybe they will drop all of them to misdeamonors their all good democrats

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life has no meaning 18 hr RustyGearz 3
Lasting friendships <3 (Jan '17) 20 hr -Prince- 28
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 20 hr Missy 4,198
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) Sat luci 11,366
Song Title Game (Dec '11) Fri Prince Charming 954
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) Aug 17 luci 6,166
Word Association... (Jun '12) Aug 17 luci 2,886

Gilbert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance