Bumble Bee

Charlotte, NC

#26 Oct 17, 2012
reprobateslayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you're saying that sarcastically, but there are actually people who believe that all it takes for the coal industry to rebound is to have Rmoney as president. Sadly they either lack the brains to think for themselves or the desire to do so. Here's Alpha's statement on some recent layoffs.
http://www.hazard-herald.com/view/full_story/...
“Specifically, to the Eastern Kentucky operations, you’ve got a couple factors at work,” he said,“and at those specific operations, really, there’s very little demand for their coal, or no forward sales for their coal.”
The traditional markets for central Appalachian coal are being eaten away by a higher demand for lower sulfur coal from the Illinois basin, he continued, and from continued competition from natural gas as an alternative energy source.
“Overall, one of the big driving factors is cheap natural gas,” Pile explained.“It’s our main competing fuel source for coal, and we’re just seeing, because prices are really hovering at about a 10-year low for natural gas, more and more utilities are using natural gas instead of coal.”
But it's so much easier to tell people it's the EPA and Obama's "war on coal" and they have a gullible audience just looking for a reason for hating the first black president.
Hey, I have lots of brains n my head and I do not believe that Mitt Rommey is going to help the miners everyone has their way of believing I don't see nothing that he is saying that says hes for the miners in fact he never even thought about a miner until he thought he might get a vote. I believe in giving everyone a fair chance and I do not believe that Mr. Obama has been given a chance because he walked into a big mess that was created by Bush. And most everything that has been put before the floor has been voted down by the opposite party. I think they all should stick together when it comes to getting our country back on track.
just ol joe

Gilbert, WV

#27 Oct 17, 2012
Bain/Sensata brought in Chinese workers and made the Freeport workers train them. Bain/Sensata is moving the equipment out of the Freeport factory and shipping it to China right now.
good ol mitt owns 8million $ in stock

http://www.seeingtheforest.com/

read it all
On the campaign trail Romney says we shouldn't ship jobs to China and should "crack down" on China trade problems. But he refuses to help or even meet with the Sensata workers whose jobs are being shipped to China right now.
Why the refusal to line up his actions with his promises? A must-read, must-read, must-read news report explains how part of Romney's $450,000/week income comes from ... get this ... shipping jobs to China!
First, the background...
Sensata - Happening Today
Mitt Romney started the "private equity" firm Bain Capital. Bain purchases companies using "leveraged buyouts" that borrow huge sums using the purchased company's own assets as collateral, uses the borrowed money to immediately pay itself, then cuts costs by doing things like sending jobs to China, cutting wages and manipulating tax rules to cut taxes owed, along with standard big-business practices like consolidating business units, taking advantage of economies of scale not available to smaller competitors, squeezing distribution channels for price cuts, and other practices that bring competitive advantages.(See So DID Mitt Romney Really "Create Jobs" At Staples?) After reorganizing the purchased companies Bain then "harvests" them for profit.
One company Bain Capital purchased is Sensata, a sensor manufacturer that makes key components for our automobile supply chain. Sensata then announced it is closing a factory in Freeport, Ill., and sending the manufacturing and jobs to China.(China is engaged in efforts to dominate American auto supplies. See China Cheating Costs 400K Auto Parts Jobs and Why The Latest Trade Complaint Against China Matters.)
Bain/Sensata brought in Chinese workers and made the Freeport workers train them. Bain/Sensata is moving the equipment out of the Freeport factory and shipping it to China right now. The Freeport employees have set up a camp outside the factory that they call Bainport and are trying to stop the Bain trucks that are moving the equipment out for shipment to China. Supporters were arrested this week, trying to stop those trucks.
The Sensata employees heard Romney on the campaign trail, and somehow got the idea that he opposes sending our jobs to China. So they asked him to come to Freeport/Bainport and help them. Read on to learn about Romney's response to the Sensata workers, and how Romney is actually making big money right now from shipping their jobs to China.
Loader Man

Hansford, WV

#28 Oct 17, 2012
It's all about money. Bluestone is broke.
Kristi

Bruno, WV

#29 Oct 17, 2012
I know when he campaigned in 2008 he said he would bankrupt the coal industry and that is the only promise he has kept. I will vote for mitt even if it is only because he is against Obama. Or Nobama. Hope and change right. Well now there is no hope and no change. everybody broke. I would much rather have a rich successful businessman as president than a broke ass community organizer that hasn't even had a budget since he has been in office.
Kristi

Bruno, WV

#30 Oct 17, 2012
they owe austin powder over a million dollars, walker machinery about half a million among countless others my husband being one of them so I would say since they are broke it will be quite a while
reprobateslayer

Logan, WV

#31 Oct 17, 2012
Kristi wrote:
I know when he campaigned in 2008 he said he would bankrupt the coal industry and that is the only promise he has kept.
But just as republican did the "you didn't build that" line, the claim that Obama would bankrupt coal was taken out of context. I understand it's easier to just accept what you're told especially when you can have someone to blame your troubles on. The interview was with the San Fancisco Chronicle. You can listen to the entire interview here:
http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/2008/01/17...

The "bankrupting quote" was referring to power plants. What they don't tell you, is that he said, IF you build new coal fired power plant using the old technology, under his carbon capture plan(that hasn't been put in place) it would bankrupt you. He also said this in the interview:
Obama made clear in the interview that he was not suggesting an end to coal use. Too much of the country already uses it in existing power plants and factories. In a portion of the interview his critics failed to note, he said from a politifact article:

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/201...

"This notion of no coal, I think, is an illusion, because the fact of the matter is that right now, we are getting a lot of our energy from coal, and China is building a coal-fired plant once a week. So what we have to do then is we have to figure out how can we use coal without emitting greenhouse gases and carbon. And how can we sequester that carbon and capture it? If we can't, then we're going to still be working on alternatives."

But Obama also made clear that he wanted to transition away from building new coal-fired plants, saying that the price on emissions for building one -- using old technology -- would be prohibitive under his plan.

Kristi wrote:
I will vote for mitt even if it is only because he is against Obama. Or Nobama. Hope and change right. Well now there is no hope and no change. everybody broke. I would much rather have a rich successful businessman as president than a broke ass community organizer that hasn't even had a budget since he has been in office.
Yeah, that worked out so well with Bush didn't it?
who knows

Athens, WV

#32 Oct 17, 2012
Kristi wrote:
they owe austin powder over a million dollars, walker machinery about half a million among countless others my husband being one of them so I would say since they are broke it will be quite a while
I don't know how they owe a million dollars to Austin powder,they haven't done business with them since 2004 or 2005. Virginia drilling is the blasting contractor. As far as how much money they owe them was not shared with the workers. Same goes for Walker Machinery,they don't do business with them. Carter Machinery is the Cat dealer for Coal Mountain.If they do owe Cat a half a million dollars it's nothing,considering one piece of equipment ranges from 1-3 million dollars.So therefore this is just idle gossip making a bad situation worse !!
loaderman

Ardsley, NY

#33 Oct 17, 2012
who knows wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how they owe a million dollars to Austin powder,they haven't done business with them since 2004 or 2005. Virginia drilling is the blasting contractor. As far as how much money they owe them was not shared with the workers. Same goes for Walker Machinery,they don't do business with them. Carter Machinery is the Cat dealer for Coal Mountain.If they do owe Cat a half a million dollars it's nothing,considering one piece of equipment ranges from 1-3 million dollars.So therefore this is just idle gossip making a bad situation worse !!
austin powder va drilling all same company va drilling is the drilling part of the company Austin powder is the blasting section all in the same office
who knows

Athens, WV

#34 Oct 17, 2012
reprobateslayer wrote:
<quoted text>
But just as republican did the "you didn't build that" line, the claim that Obama would bankrupt coal was taken out of context. I understand it's easier to just accept what you're told especially when you can have someone to blame your troubles on. The interview was with the San Fancisco Chronicle. You can listen to the entire interview here:
The "bankrupting quote" was referring to power plants. What they don't tell you, is that he said, IF you build new coal fired power plant using the old technology, under his carbon capture plan(that hasn't been put in place) it would bankrupt you. He also said this in the interview:
Obama made clear in the interview that he was not suggesting an end to coal use. Too much of the country already uses it in existing power plants and factories. In a portion of the interview his critics failed to note, he said from a politifact article:
"This notion of no coal, I think, is an illusion, because the fact of the matter is that right now, we are getting a lot of our energy from coal, and China is building a coal-fired plant once a week. So what we have to do then is we have to figure out how can we use coal without emitting greenhouse gases and carbon. And how can we sequester that carbon and capture it? If we can't, then we're going to still be working on alternatives."
But Obama also made clear that he wanted to transition away from building new coal-fired plants, saying that the price on emissions for building one -- using old technology -- would be prohibitive under his plan.
<quoted text>
Yes it did !! Coal did real well under Pres. Bush. Miners had steady work. Coal was in big demand at a much higher price per ton.
AND WE DIDN'T HAVE TO FIGHT THE EPA EVERY DAY !!!!
who knows

Athens, WV

#35 Oct 17, 2012
loaderman wrote:
<quoted text>austin powder va drilling all same company va drilling is the drilling part of the company Austin powder is the blasting section all in the same office
Whatever! I work on Coal Mountain and have asked the guys with Virginia Drilling if they are connected with Austin Powder and they said no. The point is getting on here and spreading rumors and gossip is just plain BULLS*#T !!!
1 post removed
just ol joe

Gilbert, WV

#37 Oct 17, 2012
=====HERES THE LINK==========
http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/romney_co...

========== UMWA DOES NOT ENDORSE ROMNEY ==========
if you think romney going to help u are nutts.
==========
In a new television ad1 now airing in Ohio and Virginia, the Romney campaign used footage of coal miners at an August 14 political rally, which their employer, Murray Energy, had required them to attend without pay.2

Taking advantage of workers' rights for political purposes is despicable. Help us send a strong message to Mitt Romney to pull the sham ad, so he learns that exploiting workers will not help him win the election.

Tell Mitt Romney: Pull your TV ad featuring coal miners forced to attend your rally by their corporate bosses.

Mitt Romney is clearly desperate to win Ohio and Virginia this fall. And it makes sense, since his chances of becoming president are virtually nonexistent without those states. But using coal miners against their will as props in a campaign commercial in order to create the impression that "coal country stands with Mitt" goes too far.

Murray Energy shouldn't have forced its workers to attend a political rally -- especially without pay. The company should immediately apologize and retroactively pay its workers for the day they spent at Romney's campaign rally last month. But by using footage of the workers who were forced to attend the rally in a deceptive campaign commercial, Mitt Romney took this assault on workers' rights to the next level.

As AFL-CIO spokesman Michael Gillis explained, "Instead of those workers providing for their families and putting food on the table that day, they were used as political props by a candidate that understands nothing about the plight of the average American."3

Perhaps it shouldn't be surprising that Romney - who opposes collective bargaining rights4 and wrote off 47% of Americans at a fundraiser with wealthy campaign donors5 - couldn't rely on genuine support from workers, and instead needed a company to force its workers to attend.

But that doesn't make it any less brazen and despicable for him to disrespect these workers by using their image in a campaign ad airing in their home state.

No one should be forced to attend a political rally or appear in a campaign commercial for a candidate they don't support. Please join us in sending the Romney campaign a strong message.

Tell Mitt Romney: Pull your TV ad featuring coal miners forced to attend your rally by their corporate bosses.

1. To view the ad, click here.
2. Union says Romney ad uses exploited OH coal miners, Associated Press, 9/19/12
3. Romney ad features miners allegedly forced to attend rally, L.A. Times, 9/19/12
4. Romney's contempt for the '47 percent', MaddowBlog, 9/18/12
5. National Police Union Refuses to Endorse Romney, First Such Refusal in 98 Years, 9/10/12
1 post removed
Actually

Kimberly, WV

#39 Oct 17, 2012
The Ohio miners themselves stated that they attended the rally because they wanted to, even said they did so enthusiastically. They sent a video in stating this, and called Obama's ad offensive. Obama's ad=Lie.
1 post removed
pinner man

Gilbert, WV

#41 Oct 17, 2012
click this link this is a bad man. don't take my work google romney ryan

Tell Mitt Romney: Stop using unpaid workers as political props

Imagine being forced by your employer to attend a Mitt Romney campaign rally -- and to add insult to injury you aren't even paid for the day. Now imagine seeing yourself in a Romney campaign television ad a month later, with the implication that you support him for president.
The Sensata employees heard Romney on the campaign trail, and somehow got the idea that he opposes sending our jobs to China. So they asked him to come to Freeport/Bainport and help them. Read on to learn about Romney's response to the Sensata workers, and how Romney is actually making big money right now from shipping their jobs to China.

msnbc tv.

Sound awful? That's what just happened to a group of Ohio coal miners. In a new television ad1 now airing in Ohio and Virginia, the Romney campaign used footage of coal miners at an August 14 political rally, which their employer, Murray Energy, had required them to attend without pay.2

Taking advantage of workers' rights for political purposes is despicable. Help us send a strong message to Mitt Romney to pull the sham ad, so he learns that exploiting workers will not help him win the election.

Mitt Romney is clearly desperate to win Ohio and Virginia this fall. And it makes sense, since his chances of becoming president are virtually nonexistent without those states. But using coal miners against their will as props in a campaign commercial in order to create the impression that "coal country stands with Mitt" goes too far.

Murray Energy shouldn't have forced its workers to attend a political rally -- especially without pay. The company should immediately apologize and retroactively pay its workers for the day they spent at Romney's campaign rally last month. But by using footage of the workers who were forced to attend the rally in a deceptive campaign commercial, Mitt Romney took this assault on workers' rights to the next level.

As AFL-CIO spokesman Michael Gillis explained, "Instead of those workers providing for their families and putting food on the table that day, they were used as political props by a candidate that understands nothing about the plight of the average American."3
Kristi

Bruno, WV

#42 Oct 17, 2012
reprobateslayer wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
He said it and he did it and I am not a republican but seriously thinking about it
Kristi

Bruno, WV

#43 Oct 17, 2012
who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how they owe a million dollars to Austin powder,they haven't done business with them since 2004 or 2005. Virginia drilling is the blasting contractor. As far as how much money they owe them was not shared with the workers. Same goes for Walker Machinery,they don't do business with them. Carter Machinery is the Cat dealer for Coal Mountain.If they do owe Cat a half a million dollars it's nothing,considering one piece of equipment ranges from 1-3 million dollars.So therefore this is just idle gossip making a bad situation worse !!
they run up a bill don't pay it, then get it from another company then don't pay it etc. that is how they owe everybody. Ask them at walker they will tell you. Ask at valley gas they will tell you ask anywhere. the proof is you have no powder. nothin left to say
pinner man

Gilbert, WV

#44 Oct 17, 2012
he even said last nite that women does not deserve the same pay as a man for the same job.what kind of man is this. i not telling you how to vote hell i am with you but this guy is for the rich.

i will give you good links to show no lies you look them up.
we just cannot stand a man that wont help a man thats already down.
Fact

Lerona, WV

#45 Oct 17, 2012
If Obama gets back in the world is gone...Everyone needs to vote for mitt
Bliz

Culloden, WV

#46 Oct 17, 2012
Has anyone listened to how Romey intends to create jobs? He says the wants to make America more competitive in the Global markets. Does no one know what this means, this means lower wages to compete with wages paid in China, India and Mexico. If we get Romey we will be working for minimum wages, which by the way will create jobs and wealth for the rich.
Kristi

Bruno, WV

#47 Oct 18, 2012
Bliz wrote:
Has anyone listened to how Romey intends to create jobs? He says the wants to make America more competitive in the Global markets. Does no one know what this means, this means lower wages to compete with wages paid in China, India and Mexico. If we get Romey we will be working for minimum wages, which by the way will create jobs and wealth for the rich.
you are so wrong, buddy it can;t get no worse.
Bliz

Gilbert, WV

#48 Oct 18, 2012
Kristi wrote:
<quoted text>you are so wrong, buddy it can;t get no worse.
Please explain your reasoning how can we complete in the global market withoug lowering wages, doing away with Social Security and Medicare and Health care as we know it today? I don't just want your opinion just state facts than can back up your reasoning from an economics point of view. Can you give the math to back up your reasoning or are you like Romey wait until after the election and then you will explain it in a way anyone can understand it or is it just the math doesn't add up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr David Moniker 3,990
Private Dumpsters (Mar '08) 10 hr Why does it matter 29
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 21 hr luci 5,692
I am looking for a car in the 500 to 600 dollar... (May '09) Tue sistersalvation 24
Google------Camel toes Tue Mark mark 11
I'm about to be 19 and my parents try to contro... Tue Leon Billings 9
Mermaid/unicorn girl Tue Lol 2

Gilbert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilbert Mortgages