Little Boy with cancer wanting Christmas cards

Posted in the Gilbert Forum

wva mom

Jonancy, KY

#1 Dec 13, 2009
Nathan Elfrank a 1st grader in Ohio has brain cancer and this may be his last Christmas and he said all he wants for Christmas is 1 million Christmas cards so Please lets make his wish come true.

Nathan Elfrank
2415 Taylor Blair Rd.
West Jefferson, Ohio 43162
is this a joke

San Francisco, CA

#2 Dec 13, 2009
a man gave me an address of a little 8 yr old girl who wants 10,000 christmas cards, said she has brain tumor

i've heard this with other names also?

do you actually know this child, it might be a joke

if its for real I'm so sorry for the children & family ... but in the world we live in you have so many nuts we don't know who to believe and whos lying
wva mom

Jonancy, KY

#3 Dec 13, 2009
No I promise this is not a joke my nephew goes to school with him I would never get on here and put something that is not true.
HANOVER

Gilbert, WV

#4 Dec 13, 2009
yes she is right just go on topix on west jefferson ohio the story about this little boy is on there it will break your heart. my prays go out to him and his family.
is this a joke

San Francisco, CA

#5 Dec 13, 2009
i wouldn't either, not 'knowing it' anyway
but there are ppl who would

a friend gave me this address of 'a 8 year little girl, w/brain turmor, don't know w/he got the info

Danielle Bartlett
260 Country Club Dr
Richwood, WV 26261

she wants 10,000 christmas cards for christmas

God please bless ALL the children, the sick, abused, hungry, cold, homeless and ALL others in the world.:{
is this a joke

San Francisco, CA

#6 Dec 13, 2009
HANOVER wrote:
yes she is right just go on topix on west jefferson ohio the story about this little boy is on there it will break your heart. my prays go out to him and his family.
will request prayer at church tonight
Jackson

Gilbert, WV

#7 Dec 13, 2009
michaelsmomnatef riend

Columbus, OH

#8 Dec 15, 2009
i am so sorry to hear about this my son is really close to him
michaelsmomnatef riend

Columbus, OH

#9 Dec 15, 2009
i know this is not a joke cause he is in my sons class
Truth

AOL

#10 Dec 15, 2009
Nathan and Danielle

are

REAL.

News programs have reported on both. Here is a link for Danielle (Card Girl)

http://christie220.blogspot.com/2009/09/updat...

Heres one for Nathan.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/storie...

You can find more information on both of these children but searching for them on google or yahoo.
ANGIE

Bluefield, WV

#11 Dec 16, 2011
someone gave me a address of a boy named max that wants 1 million cards he has cancer
Jessica

Ennis, TX

#12 Dec 16, 2011
Here is what i found on the 8 year old boy named Max.

Notes:

There is an 8 yr old little boy at WVU Children`s Hospital that has lukemia that will not be able to return home for Christmas. He was asked what he wants for Christmas and all he wants is 1 million Christmas cards. They can be addressed to Max c/o WVU Children`s Hospital 1 Medical Center Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506. I think it would be great if we could make this little boys wish come true.

This request for Christmas cards is, from what we can tell, a genuine message. However, according to the Facebook page of the WVU Childrens Hopsital, the patient in question, Max, is being treated at a nearby hosptial so the mail should be directed there instead.
According the Facebook page, mail should instead be sent to -

St. Luke Church, 19 Jo Glen Drive, Morgantown, WV 26508. Attn. Max

This is not the first time such requests have appeared - Nathan Elfrink also requested cards be sent during 2009 before he passed away the year after.
Despite this request being true, good intentioned Internet users are advised to always check the validity of such requests first, as many hoaxes also take on this format (the recent requests for dog treats to be sent to Afghanistan proved not to be genuine) and many such requests - due to their nature - sadly become outdated, yet continue to circulate.

It is not recommended to circulate the above message with the incorrect address attached. If you do want to help, append the correct St. Luke Church address instead.

and this is the site i found it on

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fonda baby 1 hr lol 1
Drop a word/Add a word (Apr '11) 5 hr Analog man 8,612
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 5 hr Analog man 5,319
Little randy new (Mar '14) 8 hr Know how is she 31
drop a word//add a word (May '11) 11 hr Analog man 4,721
Boring!!!!! 16 hr Nutman123 10
word association (Mar '08) Thu Analog man 2,525
Gilbert Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web