Wihtout banning guns, what solutions ...

Wihtout banning guns, what solutions do you have

Posted in the Gilbert Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned citizen

Lubbock, TX

#3 Dec 18, 2012
It's time for Americans to arm themselves. No disrespect to law enforcement, but they can't be everywhere at once. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. These Gun Free Zones are preposterous. A sign on a building is not gonna deter a homicidal madman. All the sign does is let them know that no one there will be able to shoot back at them. Gun "laws" are ridiculous. Last time I checked, criminals don't obey laws, that why we call them criminals. Stricter gun laws will only further disable the ability of people to defend themselves. It's a sad world that we live in. But it is reality.
1 post removed
Concerned citizen

Lubbock, TX

#5 Dec 18, 2012
America needs to go through a dewussification process. We need to quit worrying so much about hurting everyones "feelings". Be stand up citizens again. Unfortunately, fear in this day and age is necessary. If we learn anything from all of these shootings, it's that fear is necessary. Violent offenders need to be dealt with accordingly. As of now, they get put away for life. Free room and board. Better health care than I have. The list goes on and on. And we, the victims of their crimes, have to pay for it. Violent offenders who are incarcerated for life without possibilty of parole end up costing tax payers thousands upon thousands of dollars every year. This with no contribution to society. There are much cheaper and more efficient ways that they can be dealt with. We need to stop depending on a government that cannot govern itself and become more interested in taking an active role in our own personal safety. America, wake up and smell the gun powder.
1 post removed
Concerned citizen

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 18, 2012
Automatic weapons are for war. Semi-automatic weapons are for hunting, sport, self preservation, etc....... That's why automatic weapons are illegal to own by the common man. You have to go through much much paperwork and background checks and pay alot of money to get a license to own an automatic weapon legally. And now I ask you, did that stop them? No. Just goes to show how well "gun laws" work. If a criminal wants that type of weapon, they will get it. The only person that these laws protect are the criminals. They know they can go into a place and no one will have the ability to fight back. Everyone has the right to defend themselves. It's in the constitution. The wolves are out there. They have always been out there. They will always be out there. Honest citizens need to make a choice whether they want to be sheepdogs and protect their flock, or if they just want to be sheep.
1 post removed
B00WH0

Gilbert, WV

#9 Dec 18, 2012
That is what you are led to believe she taught him. No way we will really ever know what was going on in his mind. We only know what the media says and I have no respect for them at all. They are known to fabricate things to make them say what they wish.
Concerned citizen

Logan, WV

#10 Dec 18, 2012
Wow you didn't read did you? I said automatic weapons are for war. Not semi-automatic. Do you even know the difference between the two?
1 post removed
dang

Cyclone, WV

#12 Dec 18, 2012
We need armed guards in all these no gun zones and the schools for the next idiot that thanks about doing this will thank before he does this
Concerned citizen

Logan, WV

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Cookie Parker Gray Boxing wrote:
<quoted text>
NO automatic, being it automatic or SEMI-Automatic, are for anything BUT killing people.
I get it.
Unbelievable. Just shaking my head now.
1 post removed

“honestly politically incorrect”

Level 7

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#15 Dec 19, 2012
For one thing,I think the media needs to stop polarizing and being stereotypical at every one under the age of 30 as having a "mental illness" whenever some young punk decides to go on a killing spree.
Try looking into the possibility of bad parenting such as child abuse or child neglect as being the factor of it.
If you allow your child to do whatever the hell he or she wants with little to no understanding of the consequences and the responsibilities then it is just exactly the same as putting a loaded gun in their hands.
On the other hand,there is a such thing as too much discipline WHICH IS JUST AS BAD.
You have to measure your form of raising your child up to know right from wrong,the consequences and the responsibilities thereof with love,trust and a bit of leniency and understanding of the child's feelings,wants and needs.
Otherwise,it will be like having a pup in the house and have it growing up while it tears up the house and then peeing and pooping all over the place as you sit there doing nothing but cleaning up after it.
More likely these kids or young adults that goes out on a killing spree is not much as having a "mental illness" but it has to do with their attitudes and bad parenting.
1 post removed

Level 7

Location hidden

#17 Dec 19, 2012
<quoted text>
That has to be a contributing factor, Gary. Too many parents let the video games and internet raise their children.
I can see this. Thanks.
Playing violent video games has anything to do with going out on a killing spree.
You see,the media and the others are now learning that the stamping the "mentally ill" sign on every shooter who is under the age of 30 every time is getting old.
They only do that to try and cool down the tension against the shooter and the shooter's family and relatives and the defense lawyers for the shooter claims "mental illness" on behalf of their client in hopes that the court will be lenient.
Then you will hear of some local pastor or some tv evangelist blaming video games,certain types of music particularly heavy metal music and blame it on the movies and TV shows.
You name it they all blame it except for the real cause of it which is a combination of the bad attitude of a problem child mixed with bad parenting.
Those two are the majority of the problem with kids and young adults under the age of 30.
If the parent or parents don't wake up and give a damn then why should we expect the child to?

Level 3

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#18 Dec 19, 2012
America doesn't need GUN CONTROL.

America needs IDIOT CONTROL.

Level 3

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#19 Dec 19, 2012
(and yes, mentally incapacitated people qualify as "idiots".)
Concerned Citizen

Logan, WV

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Shallow And Pedantic wrote:
America doesn't need GUN CONTROL.
America needs IDIOT CONTROL.
Amen. Guns don't kill people. I hate people who preach that garbage. If that made any sense, you would have to blame pencils for all the misspelled words. Also blame all the forks for making you fat. Some idiot could walk into a school with a Louisville Slugger and start cracking heads. What will we do then? Ban baseball? A firearm is nothing more than a tool. You wanna blame someone, blame the person who is in control.
First Steps

Charleston, WV

#21 Dec 20, 2012
I don't see how we can talk about prevent mass murders committed with assault weapoins without banning the sales of those weapons, ammunition and replacement parts to private citizens. Sales hould be reserved to military personnel and police officers. What I don't know how to handle are those assault weapons that are already in the hands of individuals. How do you get rid of those?
Concerned Citizen

Logan, WV

#22 Dec 20, 2012
First Steps wrote:
I don't see how we can talk about prevent mass murders committed with assault weapoins without banning the sales of those weapons, ammunition and replacement parts to private citizens. Sales hould be reserved to military personnel and police officers. What I don't know how to handle are those assault weapons that are already in the hands of individuals. How do you get rid of those?
You just don't get it. Whether it's a rifle, a handgun, a golf club, a butcher knife, etc.....these people are gonna do what they are gonna do. If they have in their minds to kill, they are gonna kill. You can't prevent anything by banning this stuff. Bans DO NOT work. Guns are banned on school grounds. Did that stop him? No. Signs and laws do not stop this kinda of thing. Again, criminals don't obey laws. The sheep of america want to blame everything except their own people. They wanna blame video games or movies or mommy didn't hold me enough or too much. How about opening your eyes to the fact that there are just some sick, demented pricks out there and they are gonna cause some mayhem. The only thing that people like you are trying to do is weaken society's defenses against these lunatics. If you wanna be a sheep and not own a gun and defend yourself, that's fine and dandy. But, how dare you tell someone else to take mine from me.
1 post removed

Level 7

Location hidden

#24 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
we are going to clean up this NRA hell created war zone on innocent people.
In order to do that and be successful you fist start your campaign of that sort at home with your own family.
Educate yourself and your family the dangers of firearms and explain to them how not only is it illegal to take the life of someone else that isn't yours to take but also understand that it is morally wrong to take the life of someone else that does not belong to you.
Teachings like this begins at home.
Don't count on the schools,politicians and law enforcements to teach your kids everything about what is right and what is wrong because the responsibility of raising your child is yours.
Inevitable

Charleston, WV

#25 Dec 20, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it. Whether it's a rifle, a handgun, a golf club, a butcher knife, etc.....these people are gonna do what they are gonna do. If they have in their minds to kill, they are gonna kill. You can't prevent anything by banning this stuff. Bans DO NOT work. Guns are banned on school grounds. Did that stop him? No. Signs and laws do not stop this kinda of thing. Again, criminals don't obey laws. The sheep of america want to blame everything except their own people. They wanna blame video games or movies or mommy didn't hold me enough or too much. How about opening your eyes to the fact that there are just some sick, demented pricks out there and they are gonna cause some mayhem. The only thing that people like you are trying to do is weaken society's defenses against these lunatics. If you wanna be a sheep and not own a gun and defend yourself, that's fine and dandy. But, how dare you tell someone else to take mine from me.
I don't think we need to sit around with our thumbs up our asses and wait for the next group of children be mowed down with semi-automatic or automatic weapons. You can grouse all you like, but these guns will eventually be banned from private ownership. Its the right thing to do and its inevitable.
jus me

Charleston, WV

#26 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Why make schools a war zone? You're just egging on these wing nuts.
We need more mental health facilities with access for all who need it.
We need to check out these survivalists for child abuse in brainwashing their children into this type of action.
We need to shut down churches that preach hate with high taxes.
We don't need more guns on our streets
Our schools are already war zones. This country has declared WAR on its own citizens. They did it with the WAR ON DRUGS which to date has cost over a trillion dollars and they spend billions each year. It is a complete and utter failure. If the government declares a WAR ON GUNS. IT will prove just as ineffective as the so called drug war. We do need more mental health facilities, but unfortunately you can not force someone who is mentally ill to seek help, or take the medicine they are prescribed. Not all survivalist brainswash children. In fact that is the first that I heard of anyone being brainswashed by a survivalist. IT is my understanding that most survivalist learn to live off the land and to take care of themselves and their families without the help or need from corporate America or the American Government. It is sad that there are people in this world that teach hate whether it be a church school, organization, or family. Unfortunately one can not force their beliefs one to someone else.You stated that we need to shut down churches that preach hate with high taxes. Isn't you wanting that church to be shut down a sign of hate? Why do we not need more guns on the streets? Seems to me that we need more guns not less.
jus me

Charleston, WV

#27 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Not true. We have NOT had mass murders from those with knives. they ALWAYS have semi-automatic or automatic weapons.
Get on page. This nation is TIRED of it. And we are going to clean up this NRA hell created war zone on innocent people.
We have has mass murders with knives. Remember Charles Manson? Guns are not the only thing that people use in mass killings. Do you remember 9/11 that was done with Airplanes. Yet no one suggested that we stop flying. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols used bombs made out of fertilizer and racing fuel. They killed 168 people 10 of which was under the age of 6 and injured almost 700. Its a messed up world we live in and I hate that we have people that will shoot up a school full of innocent children banning guns will just make them start blowing them up. Guns are not the problem people are the problem.
April

Charleston, WV

#28 Dec 20, 2012
Inevitable wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we need to sit around with our thumbs up our asses and wait for the next group of children be mowed down with semi-automatic or automatic weapons. You can grouse all you like, but these guns will eventually be banned from private ownership. Its the right thing to do and its inevitable.
And how to you propose obtaining the guns that were already sold legally to a law abiding citizen of the United States? For example today I own a gun and am a law abiding citizen tomorrow the gun I obtained legally becomes banned are you suggesting that we make criminals out of other wise law abiding citizens? Our government has alreadly done that with the failure of the war on drugs which made other wise law abiding citizens into criminals. How do you propose getting these guns away from otherwise law abiding citizens? You are already saying to hell with the second amendment do you want to do away with the 5th amendment as well (that is the one that protects citizens from illegal search and seizure.) Do you think that the police should just be able to run up in your home and destroy it all in the name of justice under the pretext of looking for a gun? Do you not have an issue with them coming in to your home this way? They can come in carrying weapons in full riot gear cut up your mattress and sofa, rip up flooring, etc. and you don't see an issue with this? I do not think that there is a person anywhere not affected by the tragedy in CT.(where by the way they have strict gun laws and semi-automatics are illegal to purchase, however they have a grandaddy clause stating that if you already own one and it is registered you may keep it) All this talk about guns and semi-automatic weapons and mental illness is not going to change the fact that some people are just plain evil. The devil was alive and well that day in Connecticut I can not begin to imagine the pain and suffering endured and yet to come to those affected by this senseless tragedy. However, by blaming weapons or mental illness we are making excuses for the person who committed this heinous crime. The simple fact is whether he was suffering from mental illness or not he was an evil and vile young man who cowardly took the lives of innocent children. It is an unfortunately devastating tragedy and instead of us coming together we are letting the Adam Lanza's of the world continue to tear us apart. I respect your opinion although it is different from mine. I do feel that we all want to protect our children and keep them safe we just have different opinions on how to reach this goal.

Cool Hand Clem

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#29 Dec 20, 2012
The gunners will win this time as they have everytime before.You cant bend the constitition on the wants of a few far left liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 5,693
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 10,825
Poll should crossbows be legal in WV (Oct '09) 4 hr Bert 26
Google------Camel toes 5 hr Earl 14
Mermaid/unicorn girl 7 hr wvmom 3
Suboxone Is The Devils Drug (Dec '09) 10 hr Bubba 9
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 10 hr Alex Kissinger 3,992

Gilbert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance