Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Oct 3, 2011
I spent over $300.oo there this w/e and this am I stop on bush river rd to get lunch and there are two registers open one being 20 or less clearly the one had more than 20 the cashier too afraid to say anything. The other lane was a foodstamp recipient who was price matching and cpmplaining she had to pay $4.00 and change because her foodstamps voucher did not pay for her onions. Give me a freaking break. I have to decide whether I can buy my son jeans this w/e from walmart or groceries.
What is wrong with this picture?
This lady looks like she has not worked in years.

I was recently unemployed and we did not qualify for assistance. go figure!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 3, 2011
well you did not qualify, I'm sure she has not worked in years but you dont know her current situation, maybe she is disabled and receives SSI if so that tops out at about 700 per month. So I'de rather see someone on food stamps using them responsibly rather then splurging on crab legs and other BS.. she was price hunting why wouldnt any responsible person do that.

Location hidden

#3 Oct 4, 2011
Hotblackdude wrote:
well you did not qualify, I'm sure she has not worked in years but you dont know her current situation, maybe she is disabled and receives SSI if so that tops out at about 700 per month. So I'de rather see someone on food stamps using them responsibly rather then splurging on crab legs and other BS.. she was price hunting why wouldnt any responsible person do that.
in addition to price hunting she had lots of high calorie laden junk in her cart!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 5, 2011
Well Food Stamp are a need, with out food stamps yes more people would have to work harder but the flip side to this is one that many republicans dont want to admit and that is all the Businesses that live off food stamps, from the piggly wigglies all the way up to the manufacturing level like Nabisco these companies would not be nearly as successful with out the food stamp program and if we take away food stamps it would have a dramatic boomerang effect on working people.

Location hidden

#5 Oct 9, 2011
Hotblackdude wrote:
Well Food Stamp are a need, with out food stamps yes more people would have to work harder but the flip side to this is one that many republicans dont want to admit and that is all the Businesses that live off food stamps, from the piggly wigglies all the way up to the manufacturing level like Nabisco these companies would not be nearly as successful with out the food stamp program and if we take away food stamps it would have a dramatic boomerang effect on working people.
food stamps are a need for those that need not those that don't try etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citmortgage Loses Suit, Represented by B. Rush ... Jun 4 MortgageFraud 1
News Gang Presence in South Carolina (Jun '07) May '16 Carnival cruiser 222
News Delay on Statehouse workersa compensation bill ... Apr '16 Lone Ranger 1
News Deputies: Man Stole Copper from School Build Site (May '08) Aug '13 ha ha is Bubba M... 37
News Lexington Man Dead After Car Vs. Motorcycle col... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dan 1
How are the schools? (Apr '13) Apr '13 MrsB 1
Paramount land holdings (Nov '10) Mar '13 L Cobb 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilbert Mortgages