Man Busted Third Time for Meth Lab

Man Busted Third Time for Meth Lab

There are 39 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from May 17, 2008, titled Man Busted Third Time for Meth Lab. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

" A Gilbert man has been arrested for a third time on charges for operating a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory in his home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kronos

Manning, SC

#1 May 17, 2008
This maggot received a slap on the wrist twice. Now he is arrested again. Where is the judge, or even the prosecutor, going to slap him again….his ankle? We have got to get tuff on trash like him.

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#2 May 17, 2008
The third time? Forget bail, leave this idiot in Jail.

Sheriff James Metts says this is the third time since September 2007 that deputies have arrested Crossley on criminal charges concerning methamphetamine.

What Sheriff Metts is telling us is that we keep arresting him and the courts keep turning him loose. Will someone lock this guy up....

Since: Mar 08

Ridge Spring, SC

#3 May 17, 2008
Why is this the 3rd time? There shouldn't have even been a second time much less than 3rd!
Tippy

Myrtle Beach, SC

#4 May 17, 2008
What happened to three times and you are NOT out? Hope it works in this case. Old bone head does not seem to get the message.
Just Me

Lexington, SC

#5 May 17, 2008
Three times a charm??
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#6 May 17, 2008
Three times and I think you can get life. I hope so.

“SUNDANCE ”

Since: Nov 07

CAPITAL CREW 1%er

#7 May 17, 2008
Third arrest does not equate the third conviction. Something is amiss in this story.

Three arrests does not mean life sentence. There are stipulations in the "three strikes" law which must be met. It is NOT an automatic life sentence...otherwise people would end up spending life in jail for traffic tickets...such nonsensical drivel.

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#8 May 17, 2008
WARLOCK wrote:
Third arrest does not equate the third conviction. Something is amiss in this story.
Three arrests does not mean life sentence. There are stipulations in the "three strikes" law which must be met. It is NOT an automatic life sentence...otherwise people would end up spending life in jail for traffic tickets...such nonsensical drivel.
LOL Too true, arrests and convictions are totally separate issues. If the two previous arrests did not result in a trial or conviction, of course he walks. Maybe Metts and the DAs need to get it togeather.

Since: Jan 08

Batesburg, SC

#11 May 17, 2008
Just charge people with being stupid and that takes care of the whole thing.

Stupidity is easy to prove read most of the postings on all the threads.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#12 May 17, 2008
one love wrote:
3 times --when the slave patrol went to the to a house they suspected was selling drugs the pigs said they said they were the the slave patrol and they murdered that guy --where was the slap on the wrist for him and then they caged his wife where's the justice oohhhhh i get it when it's white people it's just-us and when they r black it's the justice system for the community
You be sure and calls the"pigs" or "slave patrol"when one of your "brothers" or "sisters" has perpetrated a crime against you or yours.

Since: Feb 08

Columbia, SC

#13 May 17, 2008
The way this guy is smirking in the mug shot, he's got to have friends in his places to keep getting out of these charges...
nvr2late

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#14 May 17, 2008
wow how many times does it take to get locked up for making meth? Ummm no child left behind...
Dr Pepper

United States

#15 May 17, 2008
The biggest problems with the justice system in this country are it is controlled by lawyers,(idiots one and all), and two, most of them are either card carrying commie liberals, fellow travelers, or just plain too afraid of the NAACP/ACLU to stand up and demand real justice.
It is time to bring back the hanging tree, and start with the above referenced groups.
Vote Obama in 08

Chapin, SC

#16 May 17, 2008
Remember never vote for a lawyer for public office if there is an option.
The answer to why this is his third arrest might be he is still pending trial for the first one.
I vote for stinging him up and getting in some target practice. Just like the old days.
Thanks again "one love" for continuing to demonstrate that prejudice and racism is a function of stupidity and ignorance and is not the exclusive domain of "tom foolish" and "pie bertha klan" or other Caucasians.

Vote

Chapin, SC

#17 May 17, 2008
one love wrote:
3 times --when the slave patrol went to the to a house they suspected was selling drugs the pigs said they said they were the the slave patrol and they murdered that guy --where was the slap on the wrist for him and then they caged his wife where's the justice oohhhhh i get it when it's white people it's just-us and when they r black it's the justice system for the community
The Injustice in Richland county is mainly perpetrated by ignorant racists like yourself when voting and serving on juries. The heroes with Pride Integrity Guts (PIGs)of RCSD of all skin tones realize that in many cases they serve the ungrateful who frequently call the most for service because their lives are the most messed up due to poor values prejudice etc. The learn to expect this and savor the infrequent thank yous' of real citizens.
Galoux

Bloomington, IN

#18 May 17, 2008
I don't know this man's particular history--and maybe he is some heartless, greedy guy--but as a former addictions therapist, I can assure you that the reason that many people make and/or deal drugs is that they themselves are addicted. Unless you're in a profession or a movie star, getting drugs for your own addiction is unaffordable without dealing.

I do believe that most people manufacturing and selling should do time, but they are still people, not "scum." And if they can stay clean and get some treatment and attend 12-step programs and the like, they can turn out to be some fantastic people who do a lot of good for others. I've known quite a few of these folks, and there are some I'm proud to call my friends.
Justice

AOL

#19 May 17, 2008
youre-kidding wrote:
Why is this the 3rd time? There shouldn't have even been a second time much less than 3rd!
Duuuuuuuh, he's a gray boy... need you ask more?
one love

Irmo, SC

#20 May 17, 2008
Refinnej wrote:
The way this guy is smirking in the mug shot, he's got to have friends in his places to keep getting out of these charges...
that's what i was seeing as well
one love

Irmo, SC

#21 May 17, 2008
ok iv'e read some more post's ---let's all get together and go after the real culprit and leave mine and yours racial antics out of the picture if that's possible i'm willing but how many will go the length to prove or unravel the red tape---of who's really behind the drug trade ---i feel sorry for the children and family's affected--but i don't see locking every one up it will get worse when more family's r starving and more jobs go over sea's
Lugoff

Hartsville, SC

#22 May 17, 2008
This bird needs to be locked up and the key thrown away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gang Presence in South Carolina (Jun '07) Sep 16 Pit1387 223
Citmortgage Loses Suit, Represented by B. Rush ... Jun '16 MortgageFraud 1
News Delay on Statehouse workersa compensation bill ... Apr '16 Lone Ranger 1
News Deputies: Man Stole Copper from School Build Site (May '08) Aug '13 ha ha is Bubba M... 37
News Lexington Man Dead After Car Vs. Motorcycle col... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dan 1
How are the schools? (Apr '13) Apr '13 MrsB 1
Paramount land holdings (Nov '10) Mar '13 L Cobb 4

Gilbert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilbert Mortgages