Man Arrested in Connection to Chicken Farm Shooting

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Lexington deputies have arrested a man they say was involved in a shooting at a chicken farm on Walter Taylor Road in the Gilbert community.
Comments
1 - 20 of 67 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
FHA

Columbia, SC

#1 Jun 14, 2007
What a pair of losers! This is a dangerous combination - a redneck and an illegal.....
Mr Anonymous

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jun 14, 2007
If the illegal was employed by the chicken plant, the owner should do hard prison time. If they would harshly punish those who hire illegals, then we might start making progress.
Madison

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#4 Jun 14, 2007
If they catch him or he turns himself in what difference will it make? The only thing he's going to do is post bail and be back on the streets again! The laws here are jacked up!
Southern Girl

West Columbia, SC

#5 Jun 14, 2007
FHA wrote:
What a pair of losers! This is a dangerous combination - a redneck and an illegal.....
I'm not saying you're right, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but you did make me laugh!
Henry J

West Columbia, SC

#6 Jun 14, 2007
Mr Anonymous wrote:
If the illegal was employed by the chicken plant, the owner should do hard prison time. If they would harshly punish those who hire illegals, then we might start making progress.
Those folks who raise chickens are not employed by the chicken plants. They are independent contractors and are paid based on how many chickens they 'sell' to the processing plants.

Make sure your mind is engaged before you put your mouth in motion. Get the facts first.

This appears to be an alcohol related domestic problem. It has absolutely nothing to do with any chicken plant owner.
have mercy

Gaston, SC

#7 Jun 14, 2007
Hunt that runt down and shoot his beaner butt!
BJH

United States

#8 Jun 14, 2007
What was Rodriquez arrested for the last time (obvious because of the mug shot) and why was he let go and not deported if he was illegal?

Since: Jun 07

Georgetown, SC

#9 Jun 14, 2007
I have sais it once and I WILL continue...BRING BACK CAPITOL PUNISHMENT. Also has anybody else notice that our crime rate has gone up greatly in the midlands,and is it just me or are there a lot of illegals involved here...just in the past year?

Since: Jun 07

Georgetown, SC

#10 Jun 14, 2007
Said...I need a new key board.
Ace

West Columbia, SC

#11 Jun 14, 2007
spike 1982 wrote:
I have sais it once and I WILL continue...BRING BACK CAPITOL PUNISHMENT. Also has anybody else notice that our crime rate has gone up greatly in the midlands,and is it just me or are there a lot of illegals involved here...just in the past year?
There is more involvement because there are more of them here. As the Spanish population increases around here everything else will follow suit: more crime, more arrests, more everything. The other side of this coin means that they will be spending more money on the local economy. They have to eat, sleep, work & multiply somewhere. Go to Richland Memorial to Labor & Delivery and count the Spaniards. Go back in 6 months and that # will double.
Such a Shame

Columbia, SC

#12 Jun 14, 2007
Madison wrote:
If they catch him or he turns himself in what difference will it make? The only thing he's going to do is post bail and be back on the streets again! The laws here are jacked up!
For murder I can guarantee that as soon as he is processed he will have an immigration detainer on him which will prevent him from being released even if he posts bail. I do find it strange that we are all so quick to call this guy guilty when we don't even know the whole story. Open your eyes people and don't jump on the first band wagon that passes your way. Could this have possibly been self defense? Who know!
GILBERT

Swansea, SC

#14 Jun 14, 2007
RUSSELL (DINKY) WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. WHEN I HEARD WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM I COULD NOT BELIVE IT. HE DID NOT DESERVE WHAT THESE TWO COWARDS DID TO HIM AND OVER A GIRL. THEY NEED TO BE CAUGHT AND I WANT SAY WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO THEM. IT WANT BE LONG AND THIS COUNTRY WILL NO LONGER BE OURS. IT WILL BE TAKEN OVER BY THE ONES WE LET IN HERE. I SAY SEND THEM ALL HOME.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#15 Jun 14, 2007
Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Ace

West Columbia, SC

#16 Jun 14, 2007
Such a Shame wrote:
<quoted text>
For murder I can guarantee that as soon as he is processed he will have an immigration detainer on him which will prevent him from being released even if he posts bail. I do find it strange that we are all so quick to call this guy guilty when we don't even know the whole story. Open your eyes people and don't jump on the first band wagon that passes your way. Could this have possibly been self defense? Who know!
I agree. Henry said it was an alcohol related domestic problem. If so the story may change many times before the truth ever comes out.

RRE

Since: Feb 07

Lugoff, SC

#17 Jun 14, 2007
Hmmmm....self defense....hmmmm....shot him multiple times...no gun found on the victim...

I agree we do not have all the facts, only what is reported in the media. However, if it was self-defense why did he run. Oh, I forgot, he was here illegally.
Missy

United States

#18 Jun 14, 2007
Southern Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying you're right, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but you did make me laugh!
I had to laugh too, not because of the sitiuation but because of the way you out it. LMAO
Lugoff

Memphis, TN

#19 Jun 14, 2007
My mom always said "if you lay down with dogs you get fleas". I hope old Cyrus and his wetback friend get exactly what they deserve.
Such a Shame

Columbia, SC

#20 Jun 14, 2007
RRE wrote:
Hmmmm....self defense....hmmmm....shot him multiple times...no gun found on the victim...
I agree we do not have all the facts, only what is reported in the media. However, if it was self-defense why did he run. Oh, I forgot, he was here illegally.
I don't think that just because the guy was shot multiple times that rules out self defense. If you come at me with the intent of seriously causing me harm. I will unload on you. I also don't believe that he ran because he was illegal. People run all the time. White, black, Hispanic everyone. Maybe he heard what racists people there are on wltx and decided he would have a better chance on the run then to end up with one of these wackos on his jury. I do agree that he should be apprehended as soon as possible and if guilty sentenced to death, but I will not judge a man on his ethnicity or legal status.
Southern Girl

West Columbia, SC

#21 Jun 14, 2007
Gamecock wrote:
Why are there only 10 comments on a shooting involving a white man? You can really tell that people who write all the racist comments just want to vent against blacks but definitely smile when they are around. Time to grow up a little.
Boneheads (criminals) come in all shapes, sizes and races. You just have to overlook the people who only see non-white crimes. Every race has it's own basket of rotten apples, and rotten is rotten regardless of the basket they are in! Much the same as a rose by any other name....
Thomas

West Columbia, SC

#22 Jun 14, 2007
I don't understand this situation.
If the man is an illegal immigrant
how did the media get a mug shot and he is still at large. It seems to me he would have had to been in custody
at some point ; if so, why was he not sent back Mexico or where ever? Maybe I am just reading this wrong - someone correct me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Aug 27 NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
Charlie Benton for Lexington County Coroner Aug 23 guest 2
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Aug 20 Friv 2020 77
Alan Wilson WAS Removed Grand Jury - Conflict o... Aug 16 ConflictOFInterest 1
Giving help, getting help in the Midlands, June 4 (Jun '13) Aug 4 Friv 2 5
Looking for Joseph (Joey) Harmon Jul '14 FyiWhoGivesAFK42 2
Review: Custom Vibrations (Nov '12) Jul '14 Tyler 2
•••
•••
Gilbert Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gilbert Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gilbert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gilbert News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gilbert
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••