Deputies: Man Stole Copper from School Build Site

Full story: WLTX Columbia 37
Lexington deputies have arrested a 31-year-old Irmo man after they say he stole about $40,000 worth of copper from a construction site at Gilbert Primary School on Main Street in Gilbert. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Loan Me A Dollar

Lexington, SC

#1 May 20, 2008
Metze @ the Metze Motel,,, now thats keeping it in the family.
rut-roh

Wagener, SC

#2 May 20, 2008
Not the first time he's been in jail.
Mudsharkslayer

Columbia, SC

#3 May 20, 2008
Give him a break. He was building an ethanol refinery to combat the rising gas prices.
Justice

AOL

#4 May 20, 2008
Dang, do you mean to tell me I have to place an alarm on my A/C these days?.

Classic gray boy crime... just another thug off the street temporary anyway. That Crack and Meth must be some powerful stuff.
bobby bill

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 May 20, 2008
Kill the bustard. What a sorry piece of crap.

“Who P@@ed in Your Conflakes?”

Since: May 08

Cornholio Iowa

#6 May 20, 2008
Justice wrote:
Dang, do you mean to tell me I have to place an alarm on my A/C these days?.
Better have one on your car too. I've heard that thieves in Florence are ripping out the catalytic converters on late model cars for the platinum.
Realist

United States

#7 May 20, 2008
Hey. just looked at the photo.....he looks like the same Bozo they had on another thread on here who got busted for selling meth, third time in a row. Maybe he DOES have connections.

“Has anyone seen my duct tape?”

Since: Mar 08

Phoenix Foundation Classified

#8 May 20, 2008
THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!!
Without that copper they are screwed, maybe they can sell wrapping paper early this year to raise funds for building materials.
TLH

Saint Matthews, SC

#9 May 20, 2008
Why not punish the metal recycler? They had to know the stuff was stolen. When the market dries up, the thefts will dry up.
Justice

AOL

#10 May 20, 2008
mean_old_man wrote:
<quoted text>
Better have one on your car too. I've heard that thieves in Florence are ripping out the catalytic converters on late model cars for the platinum.
WOW!!, are you serious MEAN?. Man what is going on with the people of this world. Thanks for that info.
skeeter

Wagener, SC

#11 May 20, 2008
did pat get arrested too?
theives

Columbia, SC

#12 May 20, 2008
Yeah, a guy I know had his catalytic converter stolen off his new nissian while visiting someone at the hospital in columbia. The cops told him that was the 5th one in a week.

Since: May 08

Columbia, SC

#13 May 20, 2008
Mudsharkslayer wrote:
Give him a break. He was building an ethanol refinery to combat the rising gas prices.
LMFAO....thats right!?

“Yes I'm a Jacka$$”

Since: Nov 07

United States

#14 May 20, 2008
I know a garage owner who was storing 44 cars near Chapin. He went to get a part off one and found all the converters stolen.
Angie

West Columbia, SC

#15 May 20, 2008
what i dont get is why is this crime only 3rd degre burglary? he's stealing not only from the school, but the state. Why cant this be a drug related offense?

and I agree with an earlier post that the recycle sites that accept the coppoer wire and such should have some liability in supporting this behavior.
The guy is running Lose

San Marino, CA

#16 May 20, 2008
He's just doing his job, he's a welfare rat stealing from the people.

What's the differnce between a welfare queen and this man?

THE PAPER WORK and a STAMP OF APPROVAL FROM A SOCIAL WORKER making it legal for her to take a ton of free money from the tax payers?

I see nothing wrong with this guys ambition.
billy bob

United States

#17 May 20, 2008
the crack monster made me do it!!!!
TRUTH

United States

#18 May 20, 2008
meth head and thief.....this is a repeat offender, 30 years i say!!! only bad thing about it is, lexington county, the sherrif and his band of thieves. probably kin to james metts or one of his crack-heads. Lex. county is a joke and jim metts is a smart cookie, fooling all you dumb assers for another term..... pay it and shut up!!!!!
AS IS

United States

#19 May 20, 2008
POOR DUMB CRACK-HEAD!!! WELFARE, FOODSTAMPS, AND ASSISTED LIVING! I KNOW THIS POS, AND HE IS NOT WORTH SHOOTING!!!!!ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A WAY TO BEAT THE SYSTEM..TOO LAZY TO WORK HONEST!!!! BEEN INTO DRUGS AND STEALING FOR YEARS! LEXINGTON COUNTY WILL NOT!!!!!PROSECUTE! HE IS RELATED TO OUR SHERRIF AND IS A FREQUENT VISITOR TO HIS HOUSE. JAMES METTS SHOULD CONFESS RIGHT HERE, AND TELL IT ALL!
Bingo

Myrtle Beach, SC

#20 May 20, 2008
dumb---dumb-dumb-------dumb

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) 21 hr juegoskizi 86
fast and reliable pain n anxiety meds Dec 8 helping lexington 1
curiousontopix (Aug '13) Nov 26 sgd 5
Lexington County towns seek road repairs and mo... (Dec '13) Nov 24 Knight 2
anybody know james helmes ? Oct '14 victom 1
Lexington Man Dead After Car Vs. Motorcycle col... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dan 1
How are the schools? (Apr '13) Apr '13 MrsB 1
Gilbert Dating
Find my Match

Gilbert People Search