Gilbert High School Student Dies in C...

Gilbert High School Student Dies in Car Crash

There are 272 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 4, 2007, titled Gilbert High School Student Dies in Car Crash. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Tire tracks and debris mark a path of death and destruction, where a 14-year-old girl lost her life early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Jeff

Gough, GA

#290 Jun 27, 2007
Danni...I all can do is laugh at you!
If you think anything you say to me hurts...well as I have said before, this is Cyber World!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.....Later Dude
Jeff

Gough, GA

#291 Jun 27, 2007
It is so fun messing with you Danni...You are hilarious how you get so riled up...I don't mean no harm though...Peace in the middle East!
Justass and Jeff

Gilbert, SC

#294 Jun 30, 2007
What are you 12? You ARE Just an ass! Who ever said we want you in Gilbert? You're on the wrong channel anyways this is about Sara/Beth not you.
Bill Clasko

Lenoir City, TN

#296 Jul 4, 2007
Marie Antoinette wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow1 You are not nonsense, honest and to the point. I think I like you!
Thanks. Glad to hear someone else believe in absolute rights and wrongs, not in "shades of gray". I reemphasize the parental responsibility, of both the dead teen, and the owners of the car and property where the alledged "partyin'" took place. This tragedy could've been much worse if this stupid, stupid wild child had collided with another vehicle, maybe even a bus OR a tanker. A car is MUCH more deadly than a loaded gun and those that continued to make excuses or say "Lay Off" apparently think driving is a RIGHT and all teens are emacipated. Sorry. You're just kids. AND if you're a parent who doesn't have the willpower, much less the LOVE to ever say "NO" to a kid, I hope you too start living the "straight-line life"..

Oh yea, I figured the gal at age 14 had fooled around. That too is a crime in South Carolina and most of the country too!.

Followup: What's the latest on this case? Inquiry still going on?. Justice demands the indictment of ATLEAST, the mother and whoever bought the booze.
Ashley

Columbus, OH

#297 Jul 4, 2007
Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree
I agree too! Well said.
Outspoken

Decatur, GA

#300 Jul 5, 2007
The investigation is not closed, but Beth was not driving the car the 16 year old was, only problem is she is the only survivor. The Mom should be punished for buying to alcohol, if she did, but the 16 yr. olds parents should be punished also, as they also buy their daughter alcohol. The 16 yr. old called her Mom before 911 was called, and clumps of the 16 yr. olds red hair was found in teh drivers seat and tangled in the seat belt. Who knows what will happen, in theis county probably nothing. I ahve a lot of sympathy for this family, but as you say parents need to say no more often. I hope our community and the surviving 16 yr. old will learn a valuable lesson.
Bill Clasko wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Glad to hear someone else believe in absolute rights and wrongs, not in "shades of gray". I reemphasize the parental responsibility, of both the dead teen, and the owners of the car and property where the alledged "partyin'" took place. This tragedy could've been much worse if this stupid, stupid wild child had collided with another vehicle, maybe even a bus OR a tanker. A car is MUCH more deadly than a loaded gun and those that continued to make excuses or say "Lay Off" apparently think driving is a RIGHT and all teens are emacipated. Sorry. You're just kids. AND if you're a parent who doesn't have the willpower, much less the LOVE to ever say "NO" to a kid, I hope you too start living the "straight-line life"..
Oh yea, I figured the gal at age 14 had fooled around. That too is a crime in South Carolina and most of the country too!.
Followup: What's the latest on this case? Inquiry still going on?. Justice demands the indictment of ATLEAST, the mother and whoever bought the booze.
Jerry

Chapin, SC

#301 Jul 12, 2007
What've we learned?
BRI

Lexington, SC

#302 Nov 13, 2007
a white person wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and the kids in gilbert are allowed to drive when they can reach the pedals....nothing but a bunch of inbred rednecks
uh no thats pelion!!! lol haha
Bailey

Leesville, SC

#303 Nov 23, 2007
we all miss beth , i love you RIP girl <3
Angie

Leesville, SC

#304 Feb 1, 2008
Heather wrote:
Why the he** was this CHILD allowed to drive a car????? It doesn't matter when she would have turned 15 - the fact is she was only 14 and SHOULD NOT have been allowed to get behind the wheel of a car!!
Condolences to the family.
I knew Beth. she was a good kid but extremly reckless. she borrowed her sisters' boyfriends' car without permission and left the house to go to a party after being told to stay home.
Angie

Leesville, SC

#305 Feb 1, 2008
Beth was the one driving
Outspoken wrote:
The investigation is not closed, but Beth was not driving the car the 16 year old was, only problem is she is the only survivor. The Mom should be punished for buying to alcohol, if she did, but the 16 yr. olds parents should be punished also, as they also buy their daughter alcohol. The 16 yr. old called her Mom before 911 was called, and clumps of the 16 yr. olds red hair was found in teh drivers seat and tangled in the seat belt. Who knows what will happen, in theis county probably nothing. I ahve a lot of sympathy for this family, but as you say parents need to say no more often. I hope our community and the surviving 16 yr. old will learn a valuable lesson.
<quoted text>
Hinder

Thermal, CA

#306 Apr 10, 2008
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all,
Don't be so quick to judge what you have absolutely no idea about, except for what you read or hear. I personally know this family and you should be ashamed at the comments that you and others have made. This family is grieving the loss of a family member, and people want to blame the parents as usual. No one can force someone else to do something if there mind is already made up. Unfortunatley, this happened to Beth, but quite frankly it's not of any of your concern. The only reason I am responding today, is because the concern expressed by Beth's mother about people posting cruel things about her and her family. Maybe some people need to find better things to do with there time instead of posting rude comments about something they don't really know about!
I agree 100%. I know how they feel and may God bless them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Sandra Webb LLC (Nov '13) Aug 4 Angry whiteman 4
News Woman pleads guilty to murders (Jul '07) Jul 22 Mee123 385
We had lunch today at sonic in redbank 🍔... Jun '17 Victoria Lee 1
News Town might ease tobacco ban (Jan '09) Jan '17 TruthBeTold 83
News Can Lexington fix traffic woes? (Jan '17) Jan '17 TITSOUT 1
News Gilbert Man Charged with Raping 16-Year-Old (Jul '09) Dec '16 Tyler hill 3
News Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Dec '16 jamall 98

Gilbert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilbert Mortgages