Trial for Those Accused of Killing Teen Begins

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Two men who Richland County deputies say killed teenager Brian Wright at a Waffle House in February 2007 are set to begin trial this week.
Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated May 19, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MEME

Lake City, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

firing squard or hang the two black drug dealing gang members in public
ejeffers

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

too much killing among the young people! what's so sad they are killing their brothers & sisters! do we not have a mind anymore-do we not have a soul anymore?
Nancy Henry

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

well this is very upsetting...im disappointed to hear that every black shooting in the metro area is "gang-related" will Leon Lott get this mentality out of his head becuase its not 100% true
Patty Smith

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

I Agree Why is it that every innocent African America life that is taken by gun has to be "Gang related" Now I know what happen is not right but its just very steriotypical. But over all just seek justice.

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

phi beta kappa wrote:
ATTENSION:Stock buying tip-- buy stock in companies that are in the business of building prisons. There is a prison shortage, we can't build them quick enough to house all the DAN's.
ATTENTION: Stock buying tip -- buy stock in companies that are in the business of creating literacy materials, so when you try to make a (bad) joke, you know how to spell ATTENTION!!
Sweetness

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

phi beta kappa wrote:
ATTENSION:Stock buying tip-- buy stock in companies that are in the business of building prisons. There is a prison shortage, we can't build them quick enough to house all the DAN's.
Evidently your TIPs are notworthadamn & are definitely putting you in the poor house. Learn to spell. Attention NOT Attension. Look Mommy, see what the DAC's can obviously NOT do. LOL
haha

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

:)
zooman

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

phi beta kappa wrote:
Yo Mama is a DAN
Are you kidding me

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

I know I may regret asking this but what does DAN stand for?
ZWA

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

I like Jerome's hair.
Cookie

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

ZWA wrote:
I like Jerome's hair.
Good one!! Wonder if that was supposed to be the STYLE...or did some object flying at a high rate of speed kinda "buzz" on through?
phi beta kappa

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Nancy Henry wrote:
well this is very upsetting...im disappointed to hear that every black shooting in the metro area is "gang-related" will Leon Lott get this mentality out of his head becuase its not 100% true
You're exactly correct it's not "gang-related" it's "DAN" related. It has nothing to do about being in a gang. It's just 2 or 3 DAN's here and there committing the robberies and killings. I talk to the blacks and they laugh about all this "gang talk". They say it's just about thugs that have grown up in this environment and that's all they know.
phi beta kappa

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Stating the obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
ATTENTION: Stock buying tip -- buy stock in companies that are in the business of creating literacy materials, so when you try to make a (bad) joke, you know how to spell ATTENTION!!
You can't find fault in my reasoning, only a typo here and there. Go to the LRHS blog, you would have a "field day".
NOYDB

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Everyones talking about the wrong thing. It is not a crime to mis-spell a word,but it is a crime to kill someone. Young people today look at education as a joke but can pick up a gun and think its cool. What parents are today,they are nothing like parents back in the day. It might be gange related and it might be some body child whos up coming is lack of. All shools are not perfect LRHS and others. The ones that killed that 15yr old need to be under the jail digging a hole for themselves. LOL ON THAT!!!!!!!

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

phi beta kappa wrote:
<quoted text>You're exactly correct it's not "gang-related" it's "DAN" related. It has nothing to do about being in a gang. It's just 2 or 3 DAN's here and there committing the robberies and killings. I talk to the blacks and they laugh about all this "gang talk". They say it's just about thugs that have grown up in this environment and that's all they know.
You talk to "the blacks?" My, my, my...so you think that a small group somehow represents an entire race of people? Hopefully you're not the spokesperson for YOUR race! And considering the tone of your comments, I can't imagine you CHOOSING to engage in dialogue with you obviously consider beneath you. So did the guy trying to steal the tv from Wal-Mart do so because of his "environment?"
Elle

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

I hope justice will be served. All who were involved in the shooting should be given the max sentence even though they dont know who actually did the killing. If they wouldnt have been fighting and acting ignorant then this young man would still be smiling today.
Lady T in Columbia

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Put them all out of their misery. Even after jail they will be no good to society. What in the He** is wrong with these young black men?
Lady T in Columbia

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

phi beta kappa wrote:
<quoted text>You're exactly correct it's not "gang-related" it's "DAN" related. It has nothing to do about being in a gang. It's just 2 or 3 DAN's here and there committing the robberies and killings. I talk to the blacks and they laugh about all this "gang talk". They say it's just about thugs that have grown up in this environment and that's all they know.
Yes,my dear you are ignorant.
smc

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

ejeffers wrote:
too much killing among the young people! what's so sad they are killing their brothers & sisters! do we not have a mind anymore-do we not have a soul anymore?
NO, what is so sad is that they are killing AT ALL, not that they are killing other black Americans (your "brothers & sisters"). Does that mean that shootings of another race are acceptable? You may want to re-word your comment as it comes across as racist.
System Screws Teacher

Grovetown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 3 hr NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
Charlie Benton for Lexington County Coroner Aug 23 guest 2
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Aug 20 Friv 2020 77
Alan Wilson WAS Removed Grand Jury - Conflict o... Aug 16 ConflictOFInterest 1
Giving help, getting help in the Midlands, June 4 (Jun '13) Aug 4 Friv 2 5
Looking for Joseph (Joey) Harmon Jul 30 FyiWhoGivesAFK42 2
Review: Custom Vibrations (Nov '12) Jul '14 Tyler 2
•••
•••
•••

Gilbert Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000