Public School Forum:Gilbert District One

Public School Forum:Gilbert District One

Posted in the Gilbert Forum

Experience

Leesville, SC

#1 Sep 1, 2008
What has your experience been with Gilbert Schools?
4mykids

Bay Minette, AL

#3 Sep 12, 2008
Gilbert Schools are getting worse and worse. My daughter tells me to day on the way to school that all she ever eats anymore is Pizza, and she is afraid to drink the milk if she doesn't check it. Sept. 10, the school served the children milk that was dated for Sept. 1, 2008. Several of the kids in my neighborhood didn;t drink anything, because they were afraid to open it, it would be spoiled. Recently she got chicken and fries at the school. the chicken was burnt so bad she couldn't chew it, and the fries were soggy and cold. She ask the lunch lady for fresh fries and the lady told her it would cost her $1.00 more for fresh. It is time for parents to come together and do something about this lunch program. I've ask my daughter to take her own lunch, but she has to carry so much in her book bag, and it is so heavy, she can't make room or stand to carry anything else. Parents it is tiem to take a stand. I realize the school lunch program has a low budget, but lets face it; At Burger King, Wendy's or Mc Donalds you can get a freash burger with fries for $2.00, and htey are making a profit. The school needs to run their business better, and the lunch ladies need to manage better, and stop feeding these kids left overs and garbage. They do nto mamange what they cook, because they save the good stuff to carry home every evening.
All2Gether

Bay Minette, AL

#4 Sep 12, 2008
My daughter tells me that hte teachers will rarely allow you to go to the restroom. this is really hard on a young girl who has female issues. These girls are not allowed to care for their personal issues and hygiene properly, because its an offense to ask to go to the restroom. A teacher told my child that she can deny her to go to the restroom, and if she pees her pants she will receive in school suspension. Thsi is so ridiculous.

Gilbert, SC

#5 Sep 16, 2008
I sincerely believe you all. We too have had to things come up and when we tried to address them no one wants to take resposibility. We should ban together to hold schools more accountable. Please share this site with all you know, (those who went to Gilbert any any point) Let's voice our concerns and make it known to the world.

Gilbert, SC

#6 Sep 16, 2008
I too had this experience and when inquird about it was lied too.

Gilbert, SC

#7 Sep 16, 2008
All I hear about snack and lunch is that they keep getting served the sames things. I never hear a mention about anything to drink.
Centaur

Leesville, SC

#8 Sep 26, 2008
The Gilbert Schools are,at best, deplorable and at worst criminal. They would not let my grandson go to the restroom even though he was in first grade. When I went to the principal she said that is not the policy and it would never happen again. The teaches do as they please when they please and how they please. They charge money for everything imaginable. they were charging $2.00 for a piece of paper to get my grandson out of school. I ask them what happens if I refuse to pay. The answer was well you will not be able to pick up your grandson. When I asked if they wee prepared to keep him all night they changed their minds. Whenever they want to make extra money they put a charge on something . The principal, teachers and staff are all less than cordial or even friendly. Don't misunderstand there are teachers there that are dedicated to their profession. They, however, stand out because of the negativity of the rest.That school system should be taken over by real teachers and administrators.
sconochini

Germany

#9 Oct 29, 2009
Who is the teacher to deny my son the right to go use the bathroom?
boss can not deny employers to use bathroom
prison officers can not deny inmates to use bathroom
principal can not deny teachers to use bathroom
therefore teachers should not
deny students to use bathroom.

so i told him if you need to go for a wee ask your teacher, and if she tells you no JUST WALK OUT THE CLASS AND GO TO THE TOILET and tell them DADDY said you can go to the loo when you need to.

i know some people will say , your child should wait until recess

what happen if is an emergency e.g. stomach ache or urges to pee??, bodily function DON`T KNOW ABOUT time specially in a emergencies cases like diarrhea

You teacher , you can not deny my child the right to use the toilet if he has an emergency , what would happen if a student have an accident and wet pants or have a stomach ache in front of a whole class because the teacher denied a student to use bathroom ??
it would be anecdotal for the teacher but for the pupil will be a traumatic and humbling experience for the rest of his/her life and many
many classmates will talk about that during years and the pupil will be humiliated again (and sometimes in front of new people).

why some teachers deny pupils the use of bathroom? students ask for the toilet to avoid some lesson

they would take drugs in bathroom , they can suffered a heart attack along the way......

TEACHER'S EXCUSES

i think some teachers dont let students use the bathroom because want see them with his/her pants-wetted ...

so I recommend to all parents , tell you child that you should wait until recess if you can hold , ok i'm agree , but if you child has an emergency , JUST WALK AND GO ,
teacher is not nobody to deny your child to use the bathroom , message to all parents DON'T LET YOUR CHILD BE HUMILIATED BY A TEACHER. OK?!!
OK.

i see here many teachers are proud of about that. You are lucky my kid isn't in your class , you would have a big problem with me.

Defend your child against bad teachers. it is a duty !!

Bathroom is a right , not a privilege.
sconochini

Germany

#10 Oct 29, 2009
Important: if you are physically strong and athletic person:

If a teacher hit your kid because he left the class because he used the bathroom (forget court because they will do nothing and you'll spend too much money paying
lawyer etc ) you should take the justice by your own hand without fear. Be carefull because you can be tracked (cammeras in school etc ) you can spend some months in Jail and you will get criminal record and that's very bad to find a job , so you should wear some balaclava or wig/glassess and don't talk/ shout to avoid him/her to recognize your voice.
if you know a place without too much people where you can meet with the teacher would be better , but if you know about martial arts you shouldn't be care about people.

advice: attacking from behind

Believe me , if you are strong and athletic (better if you have some knowledge about martial arts) and don't open your mouth and you have your face hidden , you won't be tracked by the police and you shouldn't be afraid.

if you are not physically strong and athletic person and/or you fear of be jailed:

You should pay somebody to take the justice in your place (e.g. doorman ...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can Lexington fix traffic woes? Jan 12 TITSOUT 1
News Gilbert Man Charged with Raping 16-Year-Old (Jul '09) Dec 27 Tyler hill 3
News Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Dec '16 jamall 98
News Gang Presence in South Carolina (Jun '07) Dec '16 Mason Dikxon 229
Citmortgage Loses Suit, Represented by B. Rush ... (Jun '16) Jun '16 MortgageFraud 1
News Deputies: Man Stole Copper from School Build Site (May '08) Aug '13 ha ha is Bubba M... 37
News Lexington Man Dead After Car Vs. Motorcycle col... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dan 1

Gilbert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilbert Mortgages