Gilbert teen gets probation for skunk...

Gilbert teen gets probation for skunk prank gone bad

There are 17 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 15, 2009, titled Gilbert teen gets probation for skunk prank gone bad. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

An Iron Range lawyer said in court Tuesday that his client is sincerely remorseful "for a joke gone bad" that resulted in a Gilbert teenager threatening his sister and others with a shotgun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Alimony Tony

Rice Lake, WI

#1 Jul 15, 2009
This story stinkx
Dicky

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2009
He can dish it out, but can't take it. That stinks!
Supasary

Chanhassen, MN

#3 Jul 15, 2009
Sounds to me that the kid could dish it until it came back to him. I believe it was a prank gone bad but kudos for the punishment because he needs to learn. I would of called the cops to if someone pointed gun at me.
Devils Advocate

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 15, 2009
Some people just can't take a joke!
What a baby.........
Gilbert Teen

Waconia, MN

#5 Jul 15, 2009
I still can't figure out what went wrong........
Blah Blah Blah

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jul 15, 2009
He dug a hole and fell right in it!
Not enough

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jul 15, 2009
He throws a dead skunk on her vehicle then snaps when she does the same? He has power issues. We'll be reading about him in the future...
Chris Mankey

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jul 15, 2009
This story is just too funny - I just sprayed coffee all over my keyboard. There is a whole lotta FAIL in that story. Thank you, Pioneer Press, for brightening my day a little. These stories about slack-jawed, northwoods hillbillies - keep 'em coming.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#9 Jul 15, 2009
Did I get this right, the boy who leveled the gun at his sister's head was the person who brought the dead skunk into the picture in the first place, putting it on his sister's car? Then he threw a conniption and threatened people with a gun when the dead skunk was tossed at HIS truck? Have I got that right so far?

Why does this teenager with a short fuse and the common sense of a kindergartner have a firearm in his possession?! He should NEVER be allowed to carry again, period. My 7-year-old niece knows better than to point guns at people (she doesn't run with scissors, either) and she certainly knows that if she dishes it, she better be willing to take it.
leroy

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jul 15, 2009
look everyone- you're missing the point, in that part of the state, about this time of year- it's called "courtship" or dating. which ever you prefer.
kinda like asking a girl to go walley fishing.. it's understood as asking her out....lol
Mrs R

Waconia, MN

#11 Jul 15, 2009
ZenBirdist wrote:
Did I get this right, the boy who leveled the gun at his sister's head was the person who brought the dead skunk into the picture in the first place, putting it on his sister's car? Then he threw a conniption and threatened people with a gun when the dead skunk was tossed at HIS truck? Have I got that right so far?
Why does this teenager with a short fuse and the common sense of a kindergartner have a firearm in his possession?! He should NEVER be allowed to carry again, period. My 7-year-old niece knows better than to point guns at people (she doesn't run with scissors, either) and she certainly knows that if she dishes it, she better be willing to take it.
This is pretty much the norm for this area. The stretch of Highway 53 between Cloquet and the Range makes Appalachia look like Paris. There are some seriously scary people there.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#12 Jul 15, 2009
Mrs R wrote:
<quoted text>
This is pretty much the norm for this area. The stretch of Highway 53 between Cloquet and the Range makes Appalachia look like Paris. There are some seriously scary people there.
Mrs R, there are scary people everywhere, seriously.
not on the range

Grand Rapids, MN

#13 Jul 15, 2009
Sounds like on the range they just cock empty guns - citiots actually load the gun and fire it for things like this...
Mrs R

Waconia, MN

#14 Jul 15, 2009
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs R, there are scary people everywhere, seriously.
True, but the ratio is different in different places.
p t bull

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jul 15, 2009
Mrs R wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL! From what I understand, they are not supportive of two lesbian interracial couples having children there either!

The news of the weird categorized these stories under "People not like us."
Devils Advocate

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jul 15, 2009
Let the skunk join him in a holding cell, that will clear his head some. P.....U.....
Mr R

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 15, 2009
Mrs R wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but the ratio is different in different places.
Look in the mirror if you want to see the scariest person who ever posted on this site.
Remember honey, I will send the men in the white coats to pick you up and bring you back to electro-shock therapy again.
Now go cook me some food WOMAN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Mary I. Johnson Attorney at Law (Jun '11) Aug '17 James0lsgmail 12
News United Airlines Responds, Says Customers 'Welco... Mar '17 CaptJoe 1
News Tulenchik sentenced in burglary, beating (Mar '08) Jan '17 God be with all 17
Dr Edmund Draper (Jul '15) Dec '16 corhyfar 3
Hiii!!! I'm looking for someone. (Oct '13) Sep '16 Alaura7 6
Troubled (Sep '16) Sep '16 Homeless 1
News 28-year-old Two Harbors man held in Megan Ashle... (Dec '07) Jun '16 Thank ur mom 25

Gilbert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilbert Mortgages