Man Charged in Biwabik Store Robbery

Man Charged in Biwabik Store Robbery

There are 14 comments on the WDIO story from May 19, 2011, titled Man Charged in Biwabik Store Robbery. In it, WDIO reports that:

A Makinen man faces three felonies for allegedly robbing an Iron Range store at knifepoint.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDIO.

Langoliers

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Apr 9, 2012
When you spend all you money on ATV'S and drugs this is what happens. This area has house after house falling down and a yards full of junk cars but you can bet there will be like 3 or 4 new ATV's parked in the yard. Life on the range appears to be all about drinking and riding. Some of the most beautiful land scape in the world and rather then taking in the breath taking beauty we slam a brew and splash some mud and wounded why the younger ones get into drugs and wind up robbing stores and threatening people's lives for one more fix. It takes a whole village to raise a child and the iron range fails as a village!
MudderMan

Fenton, MO

#2 Apr 10, 2012
Ass ATVer don't do drugs!

They ride in the woods, an outdoor sport!!!!!!!
Langoliers

Fenton, MO

#3 Apr 10, 2012
Right that's some sport sitting your fat ass on a machine and hitting the throttle very active sport and what's in your cooler when your riding?? BEER

BEER is a drug and that's what your passing on to your children. Showing your kids that life is all about staying buzzed.

If the mines do have good paying jobs then why do most towns on the iron range look like run down trailer parks. Because you spend all your money on ATV's, Trucks and BEER.

I drove though a iron range city and saw some 10 and 12 year old kids driving ATV's down main street with no helmets no shoes it was RED NECK CITY!

Beer cans line the streets. This area is very sick and needs help badly.

Some guy came burning rubber on his ATV with an 9 year old little girl with out a helmet hanging on for dear life, heading into a gas station. WTF is wrong with that man?

I'll tell you it's BEER!

Now what did that kid do wrong robbing a gas station at knife point for one more fix?
atravelinman

Iron Mountain, MI

#4 Jun 5, 2012
I agree with Langoliers...Im from michigan and resided in Biwabic for a couple years while doing contract work for the mines.A large percentage of the Iron Range population are welfare and system savy and when it gets right down to it have no respect for anyone other than the people that come from the cities to spend their money...and then that is limited.
Pissed

Duluth, MN

#5 Jun 5, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
When you spend all you money on ATV'S and drugs this is what happens. This area has house after house falling down and a yards full of junk cars but you can bet there will be like 3 or 4 new ATV's parked in the yard. Life on the range appears to be all about drinking and riding. Some of the most beautiful land scape in the world and rather then taking in the breath taking beauty we slam a brew and splash some mud and wounded why the younger ones get into drugs and wind up robbing stores and threatening people's lives for one more fix. It takes a whole village to raise a child and the iron range fails as a village!
Seriously?? There are many beautiful homes and wonderful (sober) people that live on the iron range. You should be more thoughtful about your comments when they are aimed at offending an entire region of people. Most of us still have pride in where we live and raise our children. Growing up in the Twin Cities, I can say that we have much more of a "Village" mentality up here than what I experienced down there. Know of what you speak before you make an ass of yourself!!

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6 Jun 6, 2012
Pissed wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously?? There are many beautiful homes and wonderful (sober) people that live on the iron range. You should be more thoughtful about your comments when they are aimed at offending an entire region of people. Most of us still have pride in where we live and raise our children. Growing up in the Twin Cities, I can say that we have much more of a "Village" mentality up here than what I experienced down there. Know of what you speak before you make an ass of yourself!!
I know what I'm saying I live on the range and yes there are some nice people up here. Trouble is 75% of the 20 to 50 year olds are drunken ATF'ers on the weekends. Look around Towns of dumb homes and trailers all over the range but what's parked in the front yard?

Two new 4 wheelers, Siding falling off the house yard all tore from ATV's

Beer cans line their trails on both sides
All though out the woods and road ditches that have the two brown ruts in them from the fat ass ATV's

It needs to be stopped!

Langoliers

Location hidden

#7 Jun 7, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>I know what I'm saying I live on the range and yes there are some nice people up here. Trouble is 75% of the 20 to 50 year olds are drunken ATF'ers on the weekends. Look around Towns of dumb homes and trailers all over the range but what's parked in the front yard?

Two new 4 wheelers, Siding falling off the house yard all tore from ATV's

Beer cans line their trails on both sides
All though out the woods and road ditches that have the two brown ruts in them from the fat ass ATV's

It needs to be stopped!
Auto correct got me. it should read Dump homes. Not Dumb Homes
ProudIronRanger

Duluth, MN

#8 Oct 29, 2012
No one is forcing you to live here! There are problems in every city/town. Have you not lived anywhere else that you can be so ignorant? If you are so perfect and wonderful then why continue to live here. Many of us are sober and hard working so I wonder if either you are just one of those whiny miserable idiots or possible you just keep poor company. Either way I think your problem is you! To blame a whole area for your misery but not to move and make your life better sounds like maybe you are the redneck/lowlife you are so eager to make everyone else out to be! Take responsibility for yourself. There are many beautiful places to live but none need citizens that can't find good in the people living there.
ProudIronRanger

Chisholm, MN

#10 Oct 29, 2012
You are welcome to stay and work on the problems. However it seems you are more interested about stereotyping a majority of the Iron Range instead of taking any action. I have seen some of the problems you refer to but would not even begin to agree with your 75% comment. As to your friends, I was not referring to the number of friends but your quality of friends. Also for living in a gated community, it appears that just outside your gates many rednecks must reside as you seem to see them everywhere. Also, I am not aware of any of the rundown trailer houses in town that you are referring to. Possibly out of town. Also not all ATVers don't care about safety or have rundown homes. One shouldn't be so quick to condemn and generalize. As to the trash, it is a problem and also happens worldwide once populated. That's when one could do many things such as volunteering to clean up or adopt a highway, etc. I hope to never live in a place such as your gated community as it seems the world just outside is such a nasty, unclean, urban and unlawabiding place. Really you are welcome to live here however I don't think anyone who doesn't want to improve his/her situation should take time to re-evaluate his/her views and maybe make some changes. Especially if those views may be exaggerated or askew.
atravelinman

Iron Mountain, MI

#14 Oct 31, 2012
My last post was in june and since then I have noticed an extremely large amount of Minnesota plates here in Michigan.I believe it has something to do with the 2 mine rumors.I was sort of wondering,when someone would show up in the Iron Range for a mine job the locals were not shy about calling you a pack-sacker..or even when you just move there.Would someone from the Iron Range take it to heart if they showed up in Michigan and I was to call them a sack-packer?Because what I noticed when I lived in the Iron Range was a bunch of meat swinging sack packers that despise their fathers,hate their mothers,and love having sex with their little sisters and brothers.........What a group.....LMFAO

Langoliers

Location hidden

#16 Dec 31, 2012
ProudIronRanger wrote:
You are welcome to stay and work on the problems. However it seems you are more interested about stereotyping a majority of the Iron Range instead of taking any action. I have seen some of the problems you refer to but would not even begin to agree with your 75% comment. As to your friends, I was not referring to the number of friends but your quality of friends. Also for living in a gated community, it appears that just outside your gates many rednecks must reside as you seem to see them everywhere. Also, I am not aware of any of the rundown trailer houses in town that you are referring to. Possibly out of town. Also not all ATVers don't care about safety or have rundown homes. One shouldn't be so quick to condemn and generalize. As to the trash, it is a problem and also happens worldwide once populated. That's when one could do many things such as volunteering to clean up or adopt a highway, etc. I hope to never live in a place such as your gated community as it seems the world just outside is such a nasty, unclean, urban and unlawabiding place. Really you are welcome to live here however I don't think anyone who doesn't want to improve his/her situation should take time to re-evaluate his/her views and maybe make some changes. Especially if those views may be exaggerated or askew.
Too true it's easy to stereo type the ATV riders because I never seen one obey the laws yet.

I think they should have an ATV season. I'm sure I could fill out day one!

Take it lightly dude
I am very aware there are very nice people on the range. A few are really giving the range a bad name and I don't like it because I'm a ranger. But they are laughing at us in the surrounding states.
CeeCee

Ironwood, MI

#17 Jan 17, 2013
ProudIronRanger, your continuous assumptions about the people posting about Biwabik, MN and the range area proves their point. You're a dumb ass. Any area where most children are sent to Miller Dwan in Duluth, MN is obviously a sick and hopeless community. Anywhere else this is rare and unheard of...... but a continuously common occurrence in the range area. I find it humorous that your handle says ProudIronRanger however, it says you live in Pearl City, IL. Not so proud are you? Otherwise you'd still be living there.
FBI

Seattle, WA

#18 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
Right that's some sport sitting your fat ass on a machine and hitting the throttle very active sport and what's in your cooler when your riding?? BEER
BEER is a drug and that's what your passing on to your children. Showing your kids that life is all about staying buzzed.
If the mines do have good paying jobs then why do most towns on the iron range look like run down trailer parks. Because you spend all your money on ATV's, Trucks and BEER.
I drove though a iron range city and saw some 10 and 12 year old kids driving ATV's down main street with no helmets no shoes it was RED NECK CITY!
Beer cans line the streets. This area is very sick and needs help badly.
Some guy came burning rubber on his ATV with an 9 year old little girl with out a helmet hanging on for dear life, heading into a gas station. WTF is wrong with that man?
I'll tell you it's BEER!
Now what did that kid do wrong robbing a gas station at knife point for one more fix?
Beer does not kill people, people kill people

Langoliers

Location hidden

#19 Mar 21, 2013
FBI wrote:
<quoted text>Beer does not kill people, people kill people
Beer just puts then in the correct state of mind!

Talk to any DWI person that killed someone. They will all tell you their not killers. It was an "Accident"!!

A beer induced accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tulenchik sentenced in burglary, beating (Mar '08) Jan '17 God be with all 17
Dr Edmund Draper (Jul '15) Dec '16 corhyfar 3
Hiii!!! I'm looking for someone. (Oct '13) Sep '16 Alaura7 6
Troubled Sep '16 Homeless 1
News 28-year-old Two Harbors man held in Megan Ashle... (Dec '07) Jun '16 Thank ur mom 25
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
News Fire at United Taconite forces evacuation (Feb '11) Feb '11 joe 1

Gilbert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gilbert Mortgages