SB 1070 protesters hold vigil, pray court overturns law

Jun 22, 2012 Full story: AZCentral.com 12

As anticipation continued to mount Thursday after the U.S. Supreme Court again failed to issue a ruling on Arizona's immigration law, opponents of the measure resumed a round-the-clock vigil at the state Capitol, praying to the Virgin of Guadalupe during the day and sleeping on the sidewalk at night.

Full Story

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#1 Jun 22, 2012
Keep dreaming! Someone has to back US immigration law the federal government has no intent on doing so. Illegal aliens better have their bags packed and don't move to a state that will be enacting their own laws based on "show me your papers" law.

"Arizonaís new statute contains provisions that criminalize, at the state level, certain conduct thatís already a violation of federal immigration law. For instance, immigrants are required under both state and federal laws to carry their alien registration documents or other applicable records at all times Ė in federal law thatís under 8 USC sec.1304 and 8 USC sec. 1306."

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#2 Jun 22, 2012
"It's not going to affect just the people who are undocumented but also people who are citizens because the police are going to be stopping people with brown skin and asking for their papers," Rosas said."

So what? I'am black and i'am not afraid to be stopped, you know why? Because i'am not breaking the law. Illegal aliens don't want to be stopped because they are in the country illegally and that means a free trip back home.

In the UK and Japan they can pick you out off of the street and ask for your visa, if you do not have one you are slotted for deportation.

&fe ature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The white man 2012

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Viva S B 1070!!....GOD IS ON THE SIDE OF THE LAW!!
TEE-HEE!.....June 26
Junior

Newark, NJ

#4 Jun 26, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
Keep dreaming! Someone has to back US immigration law the federal government has no intent on doing so. Illegal aliens better have their bags packed and don't move to a state that will be enacting their own laws based on "show me your papers" law.
"Arizonaís new statute contains provisions that criminalize, at the state level, certain conduct thatís already a violation of federal immigration law. For instance, immigrants are required under both state and federal laws to carry their alien registration documents or other applicable records at all times Ė in federal law thatís under 8 USC sec.1304 and 8 USC sec. 1306."
And the only reason SCOTUS left that part alone is they didn't know if Arizona law enforcement would violate the rights of brown skinned Americans once the bill is implemented. In other words, they left it alone so that Arizona would shoot itself in the foot and produce a test case that would then nullify SB 1070 in its entirety. As a matter of fact, I as a brown skinned person am heading to Arizona to do just that - get harassed by a cop and I'll be putting forth a test case before the Supreme Court. LOL.
Junior

Newark, NJ

#5 Jun 26, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
So what? I'am black and i'am not afraid to be stopped, you know why? Because i'am not breaking the law.
If you're black and not a lawbreaker, you should be concerned.

http://racialprofiling101.com/arizona.html
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jun 26, 2012
Hey,Spy,you are to be congratulated!! You make a lot of sense and I have seen your posts before..Nice man and Junior you go right on to Arizona because I find that you nut cases from New York and New Jersey are crooks.Just sayin!! And if anyone is not doing anything wrong they shouldn't be afraid of anything..Matter of fact,people should think of it as a safety net,that the police are trying to keep us safe,even if Washington/Obummer is not..
BrownTown

Chandler, AZ

#7 Jun 26, 2012
Junior wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a brown skinned person am heading to Arizona. I want to find another brown or black skinned male for some hot male to male action. I swallow and trust me, not one drop hits the ground ;) If we get harassed by a cop and I'll be putting forth a helping hand to his "nitestick". LOL.
And this has what to do with SB 1070?????

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#8 Jun 26, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
LOL, Arizona has no leg to stand on, immigration is a federal power, always was, always will be.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#9 Jun 26, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
"It's not going to affect just the people who are undocumented but also people who are citizens because the police are going to be stopping people with brown skin and asking for their papers," Rosas said."
Actually, it's already against the law for police to make stops based on race and other factors not relevent to a violation of state statutes or local ordinances.
Joe Friday dragnet

United States

#10 Jun 26, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it's already against the law for police to make stops based on race and other factors not relevent to a violation of state statutes or local ordinances.
"Richard"..."Ri chard".."Richard "?...pendejo!..it is already against the law
to hire an illegal..and many more immigration laws that the government will not in-forced...When we get rid of obamer in the next 6 months a lot of laws that weren't in forced will be!
A law like....If you don't turn on your signal light 150ft before you make a left or right turn...in a residential hood is reason enough to stop you?
right "Richard"??...there are a lot more traffic laws like I just told you about....so what makes you think that kind of stop would be race profiling??..Then the ball is in the illegals court...to prove the officer profiled the illegal?..And if it is night time when the cop cant tell what race they are in the car.. it is the illegals burden of prof....obamer says he is not going to deport anymore..I say so what??...Who cares he cut his nose off to spite his face!on that one......in 6 months he will be gone and the good old fashioned round up will start again....and soon YOU..maybe your Sister..your Mom..Or your old greasy grannie will be going home to Mexiko....TEE-HEE!..

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#12 Jun 27, 2012
Joe Friday dragnet wrote:
<quoted text>
"Richard"..."Ri chard".."Richard "?...pendejo!..it is already against the law
to hire an illegal..and many more immigration laws that the government will not in-forced...When we get rid of obamer in the next 6 months a lot of laws that weren't in forced will be!
A law like....If you don't turn on your signal light 150ft before you make a left or right turn...in a residential hood is reason enough to stop you?
right "Richard"??...there are a lot more traffic laws like I just told you about....so what makes you think that kind of stop would be race profiling??..Then the ball is in the illegals court...to prove the officer profiled the illegal?..And if it is night time when the cop cant tell what race they are in the car.. it is the illegals burden of prof....obamer says he is not going to deport anymore..I say so what??...Who cares he cut his nose off to spite his face!on that one......in 6 months he will be gone and the good old fashioned round up will start again....and soon YOU..maybe your Sister..your Mom..Or your old greasy grannie will be going home to Mexiko....TEE-HEE!..
Any cop caught on video making an illegal traffic stop, or fabricating police reports, will be federally prosecuted. Additionally, if the driver has a U.S. driver's license and legal residency, that cop can write tickets of traffic violations to his heart's content, the passengers don't have to even say a word to the cop.
Joe Friday dragnet

United States

#13 Jun 27, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Any cop caught on video making an illegal traffic stop, or fabricating police reports, will be federally prosecuted. Additionally, if the driver has a U.S. driver's license and legal residency, that cop can write tickets of traffic violations to his heart's content, the passengers don't have to even say a word to the cop.
So whats all the crying about? If you get stopped..and you are here illegally, then you go to jail then deported!...whats the problem??
And the passenger don't have to say anything but they do have to show a I D or that's failure to ID or obstructing..ether way if you are illegal you will be going home soon!...and there aint nothing you can do about it "Richard".....TEE-HE E!! DO NOT BREAK OUR LAWS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tributes to My Wife (Dec '13) 3 hr nerd82 4
Powerful Lobbying firm to host fundraiser for L... 4 hr Henu 10
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) 10 hr 31 years an RN 2,222
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Thu your mum 1,949
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee-Stalling problems! (Feb '08) Dec 24 Ree 311
Jodi Arias (Jan '13) Dec 24 cooc 256
Rosemary Vogel Dec 23 Paul 1

Freeze Warning for Maricopa County was issued at December 26 at 8:46PM MST

Gilbert Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gilbert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gilbert News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gilbert