Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75802 Aug 16, 2014
SICK OF ISRAEL

“I am sick of Israel and I am sick of Zionists. They are propped up by evangelical Christians who cannot wait for the Arabs to kill them so that their genocidal war god whom they misname Jesus can come back."

- Roseanne Barr, Jewish US comedian, writer, director, presidential candidate:
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75803 Aug 16, 2014
GREATEST ENEMY:

“The greatest mistake Israel could make at the moment is to forget that Israel itself is a mistake … the idea of creating a nation of European Jews in an area of Arab Muslims (and some Christians) has produced a century of warfare and terrorism of the sort we are seeing now. Israel fights Hezbollah in the north and Hamas in the south, but its most formidable enemy is history itself.”

- Richard Cohen, US columnist
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75804 Aug 16, 2014
APARTHEID REGIME

“Israel has crossed the threshold from ‘the only democracy in the Middle East’ to the only apartheid regime in the Western world.”

- Henry Siegman, Rabbi and director of the U.S./Middle East Project
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75805 Aug 16, 2014
WORSE THAN APARTHEID

“In the Occupied Territories, what Israel is doing is much worse than apartheid. To call it apartheid is a gift to Israel, at least if by "apartheid" you mean South African-style apartheid. What’s happening in the Occupied Territories is much worse.”

- Noam Chomsky
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75806 Aug 16, 2014
NOT A ZIONIST:

“I find myself in the odd position of not being a Zionist ... I think it is wrong for anyone to feel that there is anything special about any one heritage of whatever kind. It is delightful to have the human heritage exist in a thousand varieties, for it makes for greater interest, but as soon as one variety is thought to be more important than another, the groundwork is laid for destroying them all.”

-
Isaac Asimov, novelist
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75807 Aug 16, 2014
ISRAEL - A MISTAKE

“The (Israeli) state idea is not according to my heart. I cannot understand why it is needed. It is connected with many difficulties and a narrow-mindedness. I believe it is bad.”

- Albert Einstein
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75808 Aug 16, 2014
FANATICISM

“I concede with sorrow that the baseless fanaticism of our people is in part to be blamed for the awakening of Arab distrust. I can raise no sympathy at all for the misdirected piety which transforms a piece of a Herodian wall into a national relic, thereby offending the feelings of the natives.”

- Sigmund Freud

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#75809 Aug 16, 2014
JOEL wrote:
SICK OF ISRAEL
“I am sick of Israel and I am sick of Zionists. They are propped up by evangelical Christians who cannot wait for the Arabs to kill them so that their genocidal war god whom they misname Jesus can come back."
- Roseanne Barr, Jewish US comedian, writer, director, presidential candidate:
Roseanne Barr reveals 'mental health issues'

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrit...

Location hidden

#75810 Aug 16, 2014
JOEL wrote:
WORSE THAN APARTHEID
“In the Occupied Territories, what Israel is doing is much worse than apartheid. To call it apartheid is a gift to Israel, at least if by "apartheid" you mean South African-style apartheid. What’s happening in the Occupied Territories is much worse.”
- Noam Chomsky
The Top 200 Chomsky Lies

http://www.paulbogdanor.com/200chomskylies.pd...

Location hidden

#75811 Aug 16, 2014
JOEL wrote:
FANATICISM
“I concede with sorrow that the baseless fanaticism of our people is in part to be blamed for the awakening of Arab distrust. I can raise no sympathy at all for the misdirected piety which transforms a piece of a Herodian wall into a national relic, thereby offending the feelings of the natives.”
- Sigmund Freud
DNA proves Arabs aren't the 'natives' as he claims. They are foreign invaders who stole and are occupying Jewish land.

buh bye
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75813 Aug 16, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>

DNA proves Arabs aren't the 'natives' as he claims. They are foreign invaders who stole and are occupying Jewish land.

buh bye
From where did Abraham, the pagan worshipper, come from?

From the land that is presently Israel? LOL.

Location hidden

#75814 Aug 16, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
From where did Abraham, the pagan worshipper, come from?
From the land that is presently Israel? LOL.
I asked you where Joseph was born…focus
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75815 Aug 16, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>

I asked you where Joseph was born…focus
Why skip to Joseph when the first Hebrew was his grandfather, Abraham, the pagan, who came from Ur or Chaldea?

So, since Abraham, the founding father of the Hebrews, came from outside the region that is now Israel thus the Hebrews are foreigners in the region and the native homeland of the Hebrews is Ur or somewhere in Iraq which is the original homeland of Abraham and his forefathers.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75816 Aug 16, 2014
CORRECTION:

ABRAHAM was the GREAT GRANDFATHER OF JOSEPH and came from Ur in Mesopotamia.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75817 Aug 16, 2014
Abraham - Isaac - Jacob - Joseph.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75818 Aug 16, 2014
Logically speaking, since the first Hebrew, Abraham, originated in Ur thus modern Iraq is the original homeland of the Hebrews.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#75819 Aug 16, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Roseanne Barr reveals 'mental health issues'
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrit...
so does Joel

"Roseanne Barr, presidential candidate"

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#75820 Aug 16, 2014
JOEL wrote:
ISRAEL - A MISTAKE
“The (Israeli) state idea is not according to my heart. I cannot understand why it is needed. It is connected with many difficulties and a narrow-mindedness. I believe it is bad.”
- Albert Einstein
he never said that.

try again another time
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75821 Aug 16, 2014
EINSTEIN OPPOSED ISRAEL

Source:‘Einstein on Israel’ reveals essential history of debate over Zionism and a Jewish state

Adam Horowitz on May 28, 2009

Fred Jerome begins his new book, "Einstein on Israel and Zionism", with a great quote from Albert Einstein to a close friend,“Though everybody knows me, there are very few people who really know me. I am a revolutionary.” Jerome’s book goes on to prove this very point. The book is a collection of Einstein’s letters, speeches and thoughts about Zionism and Israel, starting in 1919 until the end of life in 1955 (The translations were done by Michael Schiffmann, who includes a moving translator’s note written during the recent Israeli attacks on Gaza). These texts show Einstein’s shifting opinions and relationship to Zionism and his eventual dismay that Israel had become the “captive of narrow nationalism” that he had feared.

Judge Hutcheson: It has been told to our committee by the Zionists that the passionate heart of every Jew will never be satisfied until they have a Jewish state in Palestine. It is contended, I suppose, that they must have a majority over the Arabs. It has been told to us by the Arab representatives that the Arabs are not going to permit such condition as that, they they will not permit having themselves converted from a majority to a minority.

Dr. Einstein: Yes.

Judge Hutcheson: I have asked these various persons if it is essential to the right or the privilege of the Jews to go to Palestine, if it is essential to real Zionism that a setup be fixed so that the Jews have a Jewish state and a Jewish majority without regard to the Arab view. Do you share that point of view, or do you think the matter can be handled on any other basis?

Dr. Einstein: Yes, absolutely. The state idea is not according to my heart. I cannot understand why it is needed. It is connected with many difficulties and a narrow-mindedness. I believe it is bad.

Judge Hutcheson: Isn’t it spiritual and ethical – I do not mean this particular Zionist movement, I do not mean the idea of insisting that a Jewish state must be created – isn’t it anachronistic?

Dr. Einstein: In my opinion, yes. I am against it ...

NOTE: Einstein opposed partition and supported a bi-national state that would ensure equal rights for Palestinians and Jews.

LOL
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75822 Aug 16, 2014
LETTER TO NEW YORK TIMES - ALBERT EINSTEIN OPPOSED ISRAEL, JEWISH TERRORISM AND ZIONISM

PART 1

Letters to the Editor

New York Times

December 4, 1948

TO THE EDITORS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES:

Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the "Freedom Party" (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties. It was formed out of the membership and following of the former Irgun Zvai Leumi, a terrorist, right-wing, chauvinist organization in Palestine.

The current visit of Menachem Begin, leader of this party, to the United States is obviously calculated to give the impression of American support for his party in the coming Israeli elections, and to cement political ties with conservative Zionist elements in the United States. Several Americans of national repute have lent their names to welcome his visit. It is inconceivable that those who oppose fascism throughoutthe world, if correctly informed as to Mr. Begin's political record and perspectives, could add their names and support to the movement he represents.

Before irreparable damage is done by way of financial contributions, public manifestations in Begin's behalf, and the creation in Palestine of the impression that a large segment of America supports Fascist elements in Israel, the American public must be informed as to the record and objectives of Mr. Begin and his movement. The public avowals of Begin's party are no guide whatever to its actual character. Today they speak of freedom, democracy and anti-imperialism, whereas until recently they openly preached the doctrine of the Fascist state. It is in its actions that the terrorist party betrays its real character; from its past actions we can judge what it may be expected to do in the future.

continued.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reward offered in rash of burglaries (Sep '09) Nov 15 nairy 41
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep '16 Tony 627
News Santa Clara mayor Imelda Lopez resigns (Jul '09) Sep '16 Youwishusetobethere 4
News Southwest Print Fiesta will be held on Labor Da... Aug '16 just asking 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... (Jun '15) Aug '16 save the water 5
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul '16 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul '16 mrtnz1955 2

Gila Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gila Mortgages