Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72039 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#72044 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
You've not understood my posts.
I said rise above the dualisms by attaining to the nondual state of consciousness in which there's neither subject nor object but simply one existence.
As long as one is trapped within the dualisms one is subjected to all the ups and downs of life over numerous lifetimes and knows not the way out of the mess with serious consequences to the well-being of the psychic and so on....
The other explanation to my not understanding your posts is that your thinking is muddled and most certainly your arguments are built on a house of sand.

And there you go again with the "multiple lifetimes" theory.

We only know that we have one. No evidence for additional bites at the apple.

To count on or expect more is simply foolish. Perhaps a psychological to ploy to get one through a difficult time here on earth.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72045 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

So then happiness as a goal is now ok with you?

Sounds like shift in your position.
Happiness is part and parcel of life as is sadness and so until one remains embedded in this duality one should face both the opposites and learn with equanimity and learn from them.

The aim is to get into a state of consciousness that exceeds both happiness and sadness.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72046 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

So you believe in reincarnations? Why? "many more rounds if existence" Evidence of this phenomena?
Yes, since everything in nature, including the individualized consciousness-force, follows a causal law that involves recycling.

I have many past life memories.

Quite a few people remember their previous lives especially when they are young which are at times confirmed if the past life was recent.

Dr Ian Stevenson has done a lot of good investigative work in validating reincarnation.

With the yogic consciousness, one can travel far back in time and view many of one's previous existences.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72047 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

"What I mean is that everyone arises from the same source "

thus to make our way back to the common source should be the common aim of everyone"
"It is simply retracing the path back to the source from which we have been manifested"

I have no idea what these statement mean. Sounds like pop psych. new age BS
Those are very logical statements - if say your body arises from mud, your body goes back to mud after death. Right?

If you begin at a particular point on a circle, you go back to it after one revolution, right?

The universe has arisen from a unified field and so after the completion of a cosmic cycle the manifested universe dissolves into its elementals and goes back into it pre-manifestation state, right?

So, the start and the finish are the same point, right?

Similarly, if all sentient beings are manifested holons arising from one ultimate source, then through various cycles of karma, each holon by realizing its full potential re-unites with its ultimate source, right?

Now, did you understand?

LOL

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72048 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Happiness is part and parcel of life as is sadness and so until one remains embedded in this duality one should face both the opposites and learn with equanimity and learn from them.
The aim is to get into a state of consciousness that exceeds both happiness and sadness.
Weren't you supposed to be absent for three hours for a business deal? But yet, right when the "uncle" finishes to write to you, you just appear to answer him. LOL

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72049 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be pedantic, but always heard peanuts were legumes.
(Which is also not to say that I don't agree with you.)
pea - nut

good enough for me unless I am doing botany

not to say I disagree with you

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72050 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

So pleasure in and of itself is not a bad thing.

Great!
Sense titillation is harmful as it becomes addictive and lowers the consciousness that gets centered on satisfying its pleasures every now and then, right?

Pleasure is shortlived and volatile and keeps pulling at the mind for a habitual repeat and one type of pleasure leads to some other.

So, by regulating the senses, one should minimize these fits of unregenerate passion.

Standing back a little from life's multiple events even when one lives in the ordinary consciousness is a good exercise that prevents one from becoming easy prey for shocks and pains and sufferings when the senses cannot fulfill their pleasures.

It's better not to become a slave of the senses which leaves little energy and time for pursuing the higher things of life.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72051 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
The cerebral is only one part of our existence. As is the physical, emotional etc.

Happiness is a more over-arching goal in my view. and more desirable by itself.

In that respect, a higher and more complete target.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72052 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

We only know that we have one.

No evidence for additional bites at the apple.
That's a result of the ordinary state of consciousness.

From the higher states of consciousness, one can perceive quite a lot of the causal chain leading to previous lives.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72053 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, since everything in nature, including the individualized consciousness-force, follows a causal law that involves recycling.
I have many past life memories.
Quite a few people remember their previous lives especially when they are young which are at times confirmed if the past life was recent.
Dr Ian Stevenson has done a lot of good investigative work in validating reincarnation.
With the yogic consciousness, one can travel far back in time and view many of one's previous existences.
Your "memories" are also called dream or fantasies and are very normal, but certainly no evidence of reincarnation.

For a person who doesn't believe in god you sure take a lot for granted.

You have no call to mock the faithful as you yourself are in a glass house in that regard.

All due respect of course.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72054 Apr 21, 2014
PERCEIVING THE PAST & FUTURE

Just as one can, from a higher state of consciousness, perceive the past, similarly, from an elevated state of consciousness, one can also perceive the future since a common causal chain unites past, present and future events, but, it must be said that the causality can get quite complex. However, certain distinct patterns can reveal some events of the future.

An advanced yogi can read the entire past and see very much into the future by tapping into the causal chain.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72055 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Happiness is a more over-arching goal in my view. and more desirable by itself.
Yes, Uncle Former.

In the ordinary life, it is better to strive more for happiness by regulating one's thoughts, words, deeds, emotions, senses, relationships and material resources and so if this well-meaning exercise is a well formed habit then one moves more in happier times than in gloom and though gloom may intrude it will not be as often and when it does the person of sense-discipline will not be shattered and will recover in a short time.

This mature move lays the first foundation of detachment in the consciousness of such a sensible person.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72056 Apr 21, 2014
BLISS

The Bliss Consciousness from the 17th to the 21st cosmic plane is for the advanced yogis to unite with and to experience and so let's leave that out of the conversation. It's takes a very exacting discipline to attain to the Bliss State and to thereafter make it descend into the lower planes, 16th to the 1st, so the whole being gets concentricized around the core of the Bliss Consciousness.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72057 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Your "memories" are also called dream or fantasies and are very normal, but certainly no evidence of reincarnation.
Reincarnation follows the causal laws and Dr Ian Stevenson and other researchers have done a great job in verifying quite a few cases of rebirth.

With me, my psychic, the core organizing consciousness in my being, has been quite at the forefront since age 4 and so I could easily remember with visual details many minute details of certain past existences that my psychic has been through.........
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72058 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are very logical statements - if say your body arises from mud, your body goes back to mud after death. Right?
If you begin at a particular point on a circle, you go back to it after one revolution, right?
The universe has arisen from a unified field and so after the completion of a cosmic cycle the manifested universe dissolves into its elementals and goes back into it pre-manifestation state, right?
So, the start and the finish are the same point, right?
Similarly, if all sentient beings are manifested holons arising from one ultimate source, then through various cycles of karma, each holon by realizing its full potential re-unites with its ultimate source, right?
Now, did you understand?
LOL
First off, my not agreeing with your silliness doesn't equate to a lack of understanding.

:)

I didn't come from mud. I came from my mommy and my daddy. Egg plus sperm.

And I don't believe we know where all of this came from. Which makes me an agnostic-atheist vs a gnostic-atheist.

You dig?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72059 Apr 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
pea - nut
good enough for me unless I am doing botany
not to say I disagree with you
Reminds me of the egg cream drink, which contains neither egg nor cream.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_cream

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72061 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

For a person who doesn't believe in god you sure take a lot for granted.
I have always said that the extra-cosmic God who creates from nothing is fiction.

How can an extra-cosmic God in the absence of a causal connection with the field of energy, consciousness and matter which is imperishable ever be created from nothing, do you understand what I am saying?

The minute one admits that there has to exist a causal link between this extra-cosmic God and the universal materials then this God is no longer extra-cosmic but within the causal laws based on conservation, did you get this much?

As such, effect is seen as the cause itself in complete or in partial manifestation.

Besides, the ultimate source cannot be a judgmental, blood thirsty, genocidal, revengeful, abusive, threatening, ignorant, tribal, anthropomorphic, anthropopathic deity which is an inferior idea - such a deity, would, in yogic parlance, be termed a mere formation of consciousness-force found on one of the inferior cosmic planes like the vital plane.

Whereas the ultimate reality would constitute a transcendent source whose innate impersonal nature would be a field of consciousness-energy that upon manifestation along well-defined lines would objectivize the cosmos in all its precise details with evolutionary laws as a series of emergences from a state of involution setting off the cosmic drama.

In yoga, we say that the ultimate source undergoes 3 stages during its manifest phase - devolution, involution and evolution.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72062 Apr 21, 2014
Now, where's Hugh? Hatching Easter eggs? LOL.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72063 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Sense titillation is harmful as it becomes addictive and lowers the consciousness that gets centered on satisfying its pleasures every now and then, right?
Pleasure is shortlived and volatile and keeps pulling at the mind for a habitual repeat and one type of pleasure leads to some other.
So, by regulating the senses, one should minimize these fits of unregenerate passion.
Standing back a little from life's multiple events even when one lives in the ordinary consciousness is a good exercise that prevents one from becoming easy prey for shocks and pains and sufferings when the senses cannot fulfill their pleasures.
It's better not to become a slave of the senses which leaves little energy and time for pursuing the higher things of life.
It seems you want to see things in black and white. No room for nuance in your thinking?

Previously you agreed that a beautiful sunset could being one pleasure. Or any thing of grace or beauty, correct?

It seems you agreed with the above and in the next breath you want to equate pleasure with hedonism.

"Pleasure describes the broad class of mental states that humans and other animals experience as positive, enjoyable, or worth seeking. It includes more specific mental states such as happiness, entertainment, enjoyment, ecstasy, and euphoria. In psychology, the pleasure principle describes pleasure as a positive feedback mechanism, motivating the organism to recreate in the future the situation which it has just found pleasurable. According to this theory, organisms are similarly motivated to avoid situations that have caused pain in the past."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasure

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72064 Apr 21, 2014
SMOOTH SAILING

I will be formally purchasing the property next week and doing the necessary paperwork with the estate lawyers. The estate deal has gone through smoothly. I have issued a cheque during the meeting towards the token amount. The rest of the huge payment will be paid in parts - 60% white money, 40% black money to avoid undue attention from the IT guys. My friends are happy. I am happy. I needed a nice place outside Mumbai to unwind and be in the midst of nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Making of "Ah Boys To Men 4" Nov 19 Boon Teng Goh 1
News Couple recounts wilderness ordeal (Sep '09) Nov 12 bullwinkle 24
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Oct '17 Tony 631
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody (May '17) Sep '17 MR Gold 3
News New Silver City ordinance takes aim at excessiv... (Jan '11) Sep '17 Cookie123 13
News Letters to the editor (Aug '08) Aug '17 floatbeta 4
News Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 5

Gila Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gila Mortgages