Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#71873 Apr 17, 2014
Eric---Right, Hugh. Now explain why attending a conference stops you from following the dietary rules as prescribed by the Torah.

Hugh---It does not but having missed the Passover, the first Sabbath and having made no preparation for the days I have carried on doing my own thing.
The point that I was previously making is that when one fellowships with like minded people it is easier to do what one ought to do.

Eric--- Jews have dealt with the dietary restrictions of Passover while conducting business and the like for millennia.

Hugh--- noted

Eric---So if my question was whether you were sick of eating Matzah yet. And, your response was "No, I missed the day itself and truthfully I have not observed the days." Explain to me why attending the conference has made it impossible for you to observe the dietary restrictions of the days. I have conducted business as usual while observing the days.

Hugh--- I have made no mention of impossibility.

Eric---If you are committed to G-d's pronouncements, you can accomplish any task even if it takes a little more effort.

Hugh--- I would insert FULLY and then we can agree.

Eric---Jewish kids have taken pizza matzah and peanut butter & jelly matzah to school for years. My Mom told stories of sandwiches on matzah meal pancakes.

Hugh--- O, I like peanut butter
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#71874 Apr 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Hugh--- O, I like peanut butter
You and GWC
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71875 Apr 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I have noted with interest the "warmth" between you and Joel and indeed it does seem to be "the beginning of something serious"
2. I can see Frijoles getting excited at the idea of the threesome.
3. You never told me the name of your "wife", why?
Which one of us are you more jealous of?

Joel or me?

I say Joel.

And don't think that doesn't hurt.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71876 Apr 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Former---Did you ever tell me what makes you think your old books were written by your god or his scribe?
HughBe--- I have answered this question many times. I have also explicitly told you that I have ONE god and I am he.
Former---No evidence, right? Just faith?
HughBe--- Provide the evidence for Americans going to the moon and for the existence of a man called Abraham Lincoln.
In other words, you have no evidence for the existence of your god.

Comparing religion to history shows a lack of intelligence and/or education.

Joel will be disappointed.
HughBe wrote:
Former---Will you color eggs and hide them for the children in your village?
HughBe---- Yes, I usually paint them Jet-black and hide them on my balcony
I thought you were going to say you hid them in your pants.

Does you village have a good supply of fresh water? I hope so.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71877 Apr 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Step 7--- I don't usually speak about my child who died as a BABY. Get it?
Ok, Mon.

For a bisexual with more gay than straight tendencies you're quite fertile but to get a chick pregnant it doesn't take too much of sex because timing determines conception.

I am sure that your dear deceased baby must be singing the praises of your good Jesus in purgatory, hell or heaven or wherever or he may have been reborn as a buffalo calf.

Take care.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71878 Apr 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

My mother is one. 81 years old and though she could easily afford it will never go online.
Your respected mother is aged.

How does she manage living on her own?

Take good care of her and bring her to stay to with you, if possible.

Do the same for your father-in-law or make suitable arrangements for him if need be.

Parents must be loved, respected and taken good cared of till they're on earth.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71879 Apr 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I personally really like email. It has the immediacy of a phone call, but it doesn't interrupt you and demand your attention. You can open it and read it when you feel like it, like a letter. Best of both worlds IMO.
Yes, it depends on one's mood of the moment as to which form of communication one prefers at that point in time.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71881 Apr 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Do I need to have a talk with my wife?
Aw shucks, Uncle Former.

Do as you please.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71882 Apr 17, 2014
FORMER: Thank you. You too are quite a good and friendly correspondent (when not calling me and my career "menial!" :))

Do you think this is the beginning of something serious??

JOEL: I don't know about all that.

All I know is that I like chatting with you since it relaxes me and I don't have to constantly be rude to you.

Once a person shows me his humane side on a regular basis, I stop all the taunts, barbs et al.

You're practical and supportive and strong and don't hold grudges.

I like these qualities in a person.

I hope you return to this chat forum soon.

Don't stay for too long.

Have a good time and stay safe.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71883 Apr 18, 2014
JOEL wrote:
FORMER:
All I know is that I like chatting with you since it relaxes me and I don't have to constantly be rude to you.
Once a person shows me his humane side on a regular basis, I stop all the taunts, barbs et al.
me thinks if you stopped calling people idiots when they offer honest objective responses, they might not mock you as badly the next time around....as a start
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71884 Apr 18, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Your respected mother is aged.
How does she manage living on her own?
Take good care of her and bring her to stay to with you, if possible.
Do the same for your father-in-law or make suitable arrangements for him if need be.
Parents must be loved, respected and taken good cared of till they're on earth.
Here, even older folks (most of them) continue to greatly value their independence.

She has services to take care of her yard, shovel snow etc. She is quite healthy and lucid.

I visit her often as I'm only 1 hour away. And I have a sister who's much closer than that.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71885 Apr 18, 2014
JOEL wrote:
FORMER: Thank you. You too are quite a good and friendly correspondent (when not calling me and my career "menial!" :))
Do you think this is the beginning of something serious??
JOEL: I don't know about all that.
You're practical and supportive and strong and don't hold grudges.
I like these qualities in a person.
I hope you return to this chat forum soon.
Don't stay for too long.
Have a good time and stay safe.
Thank you, Joel.

And you too have a blessed and peaceful Easter Sunday.

Regardless of beliefs or lack thereof.

Even as an atheist, I very much enjoy the whole Christmas season, for example.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71886 Apr 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

me thinks if you stopped calling people idiots when they offer honest objective responses, they might not mock you as badly the next time around....as a start
You're not objective but biased, jealous and ill-informed.

Anyway, be good.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71887 Apr 18, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Here, even older folks (most of them) continue to greatly value their independence.

She has services to take care of her yard, shovel snow etc. She is quite healthy and lucid.

I visit her often as I'm only 1 hour away. And I have a sister who's much closer than that.
Yes, I know about all that but it should be the other way around - that kids should care for their parents in their old age.

Besides, it adds so much warmth and togetherness when elders live with you and family with each family member contributing his bit in terms of personality traits, services, support emotional support, knowledge etc.

My parents died young but had they been around and had I a family I'd have kept them with me or seen to it that I lived in the same neighborhood as them so that I could keep a watch on them in their old age and been there on demand to shower my love, care and service to them.

However, I had a very disturbed childhood since my late parents were not compatible.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71888 Apr 18, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

In the West, children lack that genuine adoration and deep respect for elders and are too busy appeasing their own sensual demands which translate into sleeping around freely from age 12 or so, undergoing multiple abortions, walking around the house naked or in highly revealing clothes, binge drinking, living in together, having sex orgies at home, doing drugs, shirking responsibility, entering into marriage and divorcing often and so on and as such old people prefer to opt out of the family circle and tend to live by themselves and in many cases their kids rarely if at all inquire about them.

This kind of a selfish attitude/overtly sensual atmosphere is not a good setup for psychological, moral, intellectual or emotional stability/development.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71889 Apr 18, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Good.

Something is better than nothing.

Take good care of your respected mother.

Remember, parental love (especially mother's love) is unique and precious and cannot be substituted by material success, marital bonding, sexual prowess, intellectual achievement, societal praise or physical beauty.

First parents, then anyone/anything else.

Unknown to the ordinary consciousness, there are serious repercussions in terms of karma if parents are disrespected, abused, neglected or ignored.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71890 Apr 18, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

And you too have a blessed and peaceful Easter Sunday.

Regardless of beliefs or lack thereof.
I want to be at peace always and wish the same for you.

From my exposure to mystical experience, a resurrection is, always, in the case of an ordinary person living in the ordinary consciousness, the outcome of the cessation of an OBE, whereas, in the case of mystics, like your Jesus, it is the result of the cessation of deep trance during which all the bodily functions reduce to an undetectable minimal on account of the indwelling consciousness turning upon itself which to the naive onlookers appears as "death", which, however, is not the case.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71891 Apr 18, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Even as an atheist, I very much enjoy the whole Christmas season, for example.
Sensual titillation.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71892 Apr 18, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Something is better than nothing.
Take good care of your respected mother.
Remember, parental love (especially mother's love) is unique and precious and cannot be substituted by material success, marital bonding, sexual prowess, intellectual achievement, societal praise or physical beauty.
First parents, then anyone/anything else.
Unknown to the ordinary consciousness, there are serious repercussions in terms of karma if parents are disrespected, abused, neglected or ignored.
I try to keep the beatings that I inflict upon my mother to a minimum, but as you know, everyday life can be stressful. And one has to let off steam every now and again, and nothing like an old lady for a soft target.

I'm sure you understand.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71893 Apr 18, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Sensual titillation.
Yes, as with my love of a good parade, it's a gay thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... 21 hr Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun 11 Tiger37 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May '16 CrookedHillary 57
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) May '16 operation greylord 45
News Murdered woman found at Mule Creek (Dec '08) Apr '16 wwwnorthfortyhomecom 7
News Silver City doctor faces ethics violation (Aug '09) Dec '15 Juanita S 481

Gila Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gila Mortgages