Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71944 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71508 Apr 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Gays are abnormal because, even if they try their best, they CANNOT procreate through man-woman sexual intercourse. LOL.
When was the last time you had that type of sex? Would you even know how to start?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71509 Apr 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

sorry, no more cheese until you grovel enough
Hello FAKE PhD IN SCIENCE with the IQ of a DUNCE.

LOL.

Location hidden

#71510 Apr 13, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of our farmer's markets aren't open in the winter and nearest Trader Joe's, Whole Foods - West Harford at least 1/2 hour away. And only one real supermarket in town. S & S.
(There the Cheshire Home Invasion began...)
Nevere lived somewhere where so many things we need are so far away, but it's still a nice place to live. Town of only around 30K (1/4 of Stamford Populationl; 1/2 of G'ch). Only one fast food place in the whole town.(And we usually have to go out of town to dine as well.)
But when "Norton Brothers Fruit Farm" open soon.....awesome produce and pies! And it's been there since the 1700s. New England is a nice place to live.
Yep, you do live in the boonies..lol. Farmers markets are a seasonal activity, though the season is longer than one would think. TJs just opened in town in the old Borders, before that we had to go all the way to Darien (life is so tough sometimes..)

Whole Foods is usually a ripoff as well, but they have some good stuff if you shop carefully. Would never shop there routinely.

Fairway, new to town, is amazing too, but again, you have to watch your purchases carefully. Produce is usually poor but if you want a selection of 6000 types of honey, or just about any other type of staple, its an experience....

One thing Sford has is no lack of choice for groceries!

Location hidden

#71511 Apr 13, 2014
I am going out to meet friends.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71512 Apr 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have the holes in my ears from my college days, so much for the argument it grows back.
Circumcision is really not more than a prick, pain wise. Most babies rebound in a matter of seconds.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are confusing the issue of mutilation (which is a subjective. emotively laden word) with the issue of consent - of which I agree is an interesting issue. And to that, when society starts requiring consent for ear piercing then I think it is fair to talk about circumcision.
<quoted text>
I have no qualms if gentiles step back from the health argument, and the herd mentality. Thats a gentile issue, not my issue, of course. Bottom line is that it is central to the Jewish tradition. If gentiles want to adopt the custom, ritual and prayers and all, that are free to do so. Kosher is central to the tradition as well, and there are many gentiles who by kosher food thinking it is healthier (ironically often it is not - depending). Another practice taken out of its context.
Never once have I mourned the loss of my foreskin, nor have I seen any convincing data to support Apu's assertion that sensitive nerve endings are lost. Rubbers are more of a loss to feeling than any foreskin.
I think we're going to let this issue go. Clearly it's a hot button issue with you and as such you are not able to maintain objectivity, perhaps understandably.

Though we've established that 95% of Americans still doing it to their kids are non-Jews so as mentioned, to take the backlash as an affront against your own traditions seems a bit specious and unfounded.

Clearly the backlash is against the procedure, not 5% of the people doing it.

And think about it - if the backlash came out of anti-Semitism, why so recent? Anti-Semitism (like racism) has been with us for a very long time.

Did the gentiles just recently find a new way to attack the Jews?! Get serious my friend..

And BTW, I ONLY buy Hebrew Nat'l Hotdogs/Knockwurst etc - it tastes the best! And I don't mind paying for a little extra.

Location hidden

#71513 Apr 13, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And only one real supermarket in town. S & S.
(There the Cheshire Home Invasion began...)
Remember the supermarket in Arizona a few years ago where the nut case shot Gabby Giffords , the congresswoman? I used to shop there in the 90s.

Location hidden

#71514 Apr 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

When was the last time you had that type of sex? Would you even know how to start?
How's you husband?

Remember that at age 4 I was fully aroused when my maid was massaging me and a few days ago I got a hard-on looking at the Israeli supermodel's Bar Rafaeli's exposed breasts.

So, if I ever decide to shake off my virginal status in future, I'll face no problem with man-woman sex and besides my inexperience won't be a barrier for long since I'm a quick learner.

Bye, have to go.

Take care.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#71515 Apr 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
How can you equate the vile actions of the Japanese Buddhists with the lofty teachings of the Buddha that're based on universal compassion?
The action of the Japanese are not derived from the sublime teachings of the Buddha.
How do you explain it?

Location hidden

#71516 Apr 13, 2014
The recent spate of yogic experiences have made my nervous system so very super-sensitive that my body can't handle the assortment of inferior vibes invading my body from most inanimate objects as well as from a majority of animate entities.Surprisingly, I can even perceive the vibes of someone's body imprint on furniture. clothes and other stuff that the person may have touched. I can't bear the touch of another person as the nerves in my hand begin trembling and after some time become painful and the sensations reach the heart center where they affect my respiration when I shake hands with most people. Everything has taken on a new reality of forces at work behind the appearances of the physical forms. My body has become a highly conducting EM device that's fully open to the play of the forces in and around me with induction electrical effects troubling me. I am suffering to an extent.

Location hidden

#71517 Apr 13, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

How do you explain it?
Buddha preached only pure universal compassion/pure universal love for all creatures.

The Japanese soldiers had their unregenerate egos and baser passion at the forefront when they indulged in those barbaric/inhuman acts.

Location hidden

#71518 Apr 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddha preached only pure universal compassion/pure universal love for all creatures.
The Japanese soldiers had their unregenerate egos and baser passion at the forefront when they indulged in those barbaric/inhuman acts.
That's false, it was the entire Japanese nation behind their efforts. How could they all have supported such acts if they were Buddhists?

Location hidden

#71519 Apr 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
How's you husband?
Remember that at age 4 I was fully aroused when my maid was massaging me and a few days ago I got a hard-on looking at the Israeli supermodel's Bar Rafaeli's exposed breasts.
So, if I ever decide to shake off my virginal status in future, I'll face no problem with man-woman sex and besides my inexperience won't be a barrier for long since I'm a quick learner.
Bye, have to go.
Take care.
Its not over until its over. As far as I am concerned, you are unproven goods

and then there is that "minor" issue of performance anxiety....

Location hidden

#71520 Apr 13, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we're going to let this issue go. Clearly it's a hot button issue with you and as such you are not able to maintain objectivity, perhaps understandably.
Though we've established that 95% of Americans still doing it to their kids are non-Jews so as mentioned, to take the backlash as an affront against your own traditions seems a bit specious and unfounded.
Clearly the backlash is against the procedure, not 5% of the people doing it.
And think about it - if the backlash came out of anti-Semitism, why so recent? Anti-Semitism (like racism) has been with us for a very long time.
Did the gentiles just recently find a new way to attack the Jews?! Get serious my friend..
And BTW, I ONLY buy Hebrew Nat'l Hotdogs/Knockwurst etc - it tastes the best! And I don't mind paying for a little extra.
I think you are mireading me. i already opined that in America, I think the intent against it is somewhat pure. I just disagree with their logic, thats all. And I think it is unrealistic, considering the role it plays in religious expression.(BTW I would trust a mohel over a Dr anyday to perform the act - I dont think Drs have nearly as much experience)

Europe - thats a different story. There it is a thinly disguised cover for anti-semitism - part of a greater movement against Jews and mainly muslims, which includes ban on slaughtering, and religious expression such as clothing and symbols.

Often Kosher meat is overly salty (part of the process)- not good for you, btw. I dont like kosher dogs mainly because of the nitrates. But I'll eat one anyday over a nonKosher dog.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#71521 Apr 13, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
But didn't god make gay people?
Why would he create them and then expect them to not behave according to their nature?
rabbee: no! G-D did not, create people to be gay. i do not know how, you can deduce that from be fruitful and multiply. being gay is from marketing of halooseefer, from the subtle beasts of the fields and is not from G-D. you need to be careful about, it's only natural for the animals stuff. i mean the worship of halooseefer, is as bad as you can get. so the more you approve of this, the worse it is going to get. the more you approve of any sin, the worse the sin is going to get.

Location hidden

#71522 Apr 13, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's false, it was the entire Japanese nation behind their efforts. How could they all have supported such acts if they were Buddhists?
don;t underestimate the level of Shintoism - though I agree there were a lot of Bhuddists as well.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#71523 Apr 13, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is no need to test you and your missing woman. Just you.
If you don't want to prove to the world you have not an earthly father then don't pretend the world has to listen you.
rabbee: if there is no need, to test both me and the woman. then their is no need to test me, because we are both the Product of The Same FATHER And MOTHER according to scripture. and it is the only way, you are going to get 100% markers. and it is not my assignment to prove anything, it is Only my Assignment to give the message.

as i do not think you fully understand, in shall do as commanded by G-D. not what is commanded by you self appointed, as my alleged supreme commander. does not make any difference what you say, i shall do precisely as commanded. if you have a problem with that, you need to convince G-D not me. and for some reason, i do not believe G-D is even going to consider requests from THEIR enemies. and all you liars in this world, can continue with your not here in This Story from G-D lying. but this Story happens, exactly the way G-D said in spite of all your disbelief.

Location hidden

#71524 Apr 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text> don;t underestimate the level of Shintoism - though I agree there were a lot of Bhuddists as well.
Agreed, but they are both

Location hidden

#71525 Apr 13, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no! G-D did not, create people to be gay..
but he did...

so now what?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71526 Apr 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you do live in the boonies..lol. Farmers markets are a seasonal activity, though the season is longer than one would think. TJs just opened in town in the old Borders, before that we had to go all the way to Darien (life is so tough sometimes..)
Whole Foods is usually a ripoff as well, but they have some good stuff if you shop carefully. Would never shop there routinely.
Fairway, new to town, is amazing too, but again, you have to watch your purchases carefully. Produce is usually poor but if you want a selection of 6000 types of honey, or just about any other type of staple, its an experience....
One thing Sford has is no lack of choice for groceries!
Growing up there were 3 or 4 food stores down in the village part of OG - now just one - King's (former Porecelli's/Food Mart). And it's expensive.

The A&P off exit 5 is the place to go when in town,

When we lived in Phila (late 90s) a new food store opened fairly close to us - Fresh Fields - which is the Whole Foods company. cool place to shop and visit but agree - definitely not for everyday.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71527 Apr 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are mireading me. i already opined that in America, I think the intent against it is somewhat pure. I just disagree with their logic, thats all. And I think it is unrealistic, considering the role it plays in religious expression.(BTW I would trust a mohel over a Dr anyday to perform the act - I dont think Drs have nearly as much experience)
This paragraph to me seems full of confusion, all due respect.

1. "....somewhat pure....?" Not sure how you mean this.

2. "...logic...." What does logic have to do with not wanting to cut a piece of your baby's ding dong off?? for no good reason (assuming proper hygiene is taught and practiced).

3. Why keep bringing religion into it? I think it's pretty clear by now we're talking about the 95% of cutters who are non-Jews. And therefore were never doing it for religious reasons.

The AAP was pretty clear. They don't recommend it but leave it up to the parents. So I don't hear them condemning anyone who wants to keep doing it (for whatever reason).

(And I eat hotdogs - speaking of ding dongs - about as often as I eat its nontubular cousin, bologna (beef only), which is to say not very..)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Aug 21 Pied Piper 50
News A local intstitution Aug 14 EarthwrightsDesigns 1
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Aug 1 dmac2030 4
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul '15 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul '15 American Citizen 4
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun '15 Wizard_Not 1
News Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... (Apr '14) Jan '15 WherdaPhuckawee 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gila Mortgages