Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,119
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#71069 Apr 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Muslims trace their lineage back to Abraham? Why bother?
Not ALL Muslims, but those who are from Arabs, but it is not dogmatic. And not ALL names are present.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71070 Apr 8, 2014
It’s so beautifully arranged on the plate – you know someone’s fingers have been all over it.(Julia Child)

Vegetarian: an old Indian word for bad hunter (Author unknown)

I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.(W.C. Fields)

Avoid fruits and nuts. You are what you eat.(Jim Davis)

I think this cupcake batter needs more hot dog chunks.(food network)

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71071 Apr 8, 2014
To who does Abraham trace his lineage back to? Someone pagan in Chaldea? Before leaving Chaldea or Ur of wherever was his native land, Abraham and his sister-wife were also pagans. Possible. LOL.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71072 Apr 8, 2014
When Abraham encountered the Babylonian deity, El, he converted from a pagan to a potential human-sacrificer and a pimp who offered his own sister-wife to other men for sex. Some "venerable" character this chap called Abraham was! LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71074 Apr 8, 2014
WHERE DOES THE INFINITE REGRESS STOP?

Both science and theology suffer from the unavoidable malady of the infinite regress - from where did all this come?

Science is clueless on the subject of origins, fine tuning, consciousness, morality, psychological inheritance, the bootstrap approach to complexity and appearance of life in matter among other fundamental features of the cosmos, while theology is stuck with its mirage of extra-cosmic G-d and creation ex-nihilo.

So, the infinite regress can be applied with aplomb to both science and to theology.

The infinite regress is neither logical nor can it yield a cosmos.

Since the cosmos is reality thus the infinite regress should not arise in intelligent searches for the origins and for other basic features of existence.

So, where do we stop or find the solution when it comes to the hard question of the origins?

A self-existent, self-organizing, self-manifesting, self-sustaining and self-dissolving source replete with all the essential seed principles that's capable of accounting for the structure of the cosmos, its natural laws, its fine tuning, its complexity, the moral code, consciousness and its sentient forms would serve as a perfect source from which the cosmos was formed.

Vacuum, LQG/Big Bounce, Branes and initial singularity that seek to explain the pre-Big Bang origins of the cosmos are impossible to verify since spacetime and the laws of physics collapse in the state prior to the Big Bang and besides higher physical dimensions cannot be observed and even if quantum laws prevail in the initial state before the Big bang yet the question still remains - can this state explain the complex nature of the cosmos covering all its observed structural features, fine tuning at the micro and macro level, origin of life, code of morality and complex biological organisms?

The answer is no though wild speculations backed by weird scientific models that increasingly resemble the untamed chaos in the minds of its inventors are attempting to convince its creators and the general public that the question is nearly solved when the actual truth is that these models are no where near solving the question of origins nor does they corroborate the naive assertion that high information complexity arises from low information states of simplicity and other fundamental questions.

The idea of an extra-cosmic G-d creating the cosmos from nothing has its own logical problems related to causation and violation of the law of conservation and ends in an infinite regress.

Both extremes, the pseudoscientific assumption of cosmologists and the irrational surmises of theologians should be avoided.

Until a TOE (theory of everything) backed by logic and by objective as well as subjective evidence is found, the above difficulties remain unanswered, at least in the objective sense.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#71075 Apr 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The HOLOCAUST during WORLD WAR 2 was mainly the result of COLLECTIVE KARMA at work - karma works at the individual as well as at the collective level for groups of people with a common meeting ground. Karma stretches back to many cycles of existence and keeps manifesting its effects at each stage as well as it keeps getting modified with fresh lines of karma being added as the person keeps thinking, speaking and acting in real time. At times, part of our karma is hereditary since we receive psychological, emotional and physical inputs from our parents via genetic transmission and so we suffer for the 'flaws" of our parents. Here, too, we get attracted to a particular family because of certain personality affinities and so we have to take the added burden of parental personality flaws inhering in our heredity. Besides, by closely associating ourselves with certain belief systems and with specific persons we imbibe on a regular basis the karma of the founders of the faith and of the people we mingle with through exchange of consciousness, energy and ideas. In this case, too, affinity brings us together.
Sounds more like anti-semitism than Karma. What exactly did Jews do to deserve their fate?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71076 Apr 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"I dont believe in the same God that you dont believe in." (Reb Levi Yitzhak of Berditchev, 1740-1809)
“Where was God in Auschwitz?.... the real question is where was man?”(Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel)
"The greatest gift we can give to another human being is that of treating him or her as one who embodies God's presence. The greatest harm we can do is to rob a person of that sense." (Arthur Green)
Whether we have been brought up Catholic, Protestant or Jewish, it seems that somewhere lurking among the cobwebs of our past, there is so often a patriarchal, sometimes stern, sometimes loving, old bearded man figure up in the sky, that we still believe to be God. That God, for most of us, is very easy to reject, even though He seems so present among us and among the words of our Torah and liturgy. The direction of this God is clearly up, above us. However evolved our definition of God is, this vertical metaphor remains in tact in some way for many of us. A God beyond, up there in the sky who, we hope, hears our voices, answers our prayers. So, just take a moment to consider, who or what is God for you right now? Is there a God you do believe in or only one you don't?....The history of God has been a long and interesting one, with each Jewish period redefining in some way who or what this force that we call God is and how, or even if, he/she/it acts in our lives. We Jews are not very good at throwing out anything, so none of these opposing and sometimes contradictory notions of God are ever fully rejected..." (Rabbi Marc Soloway)
“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.” Richard Dawkins.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." Seneca the Younger

Location hidden

#71077 Apr 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
When Abraham encountered the Babylonian deity, El, he converted from a pagan to a potential human-sacrificer and a pimp who offered his own sister-wife to other men for sex. Some "venerable" character this chap called Abraham was! LOL.
Why would you think people of the bible were perfect? You aren''t. Who are you to judge?

Location hidden

#71078 Apr 8, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.” Richard Dawkins.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." Seneca the Younger
I want to be reincarnated as your tampon.(Prince Charles, 1991)

Don't be humble. You're not that great. Golda Meir)

I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy. But that could change.(Vice-President Dan Quayle)

Be careful with the government, for they befriend a person only for their own needs.(Pirke Avot 2:3)

Location hidden

#71079 Apr 8, 2014
incendiary?(judgement)

wow, tough crowd.....

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#71080 Apr 8, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." (Galileo Galilei)
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." (Christopher Hitchens)
rabbee: wisdom is not the lack of intelligence, but merely the proper application of intelligence in agreement with G-D. so please do not confuse covert false witness counterintelligence against G-D, with true intelligence truly with G-D.

and the lack of proof of a sapling, in a forest you have never ventured in. is not proof the sapling and it's parents, do not exist. you have no proof of this, yet can deduce it does happen.

Location hidden

#71081 Apr 8, 2014
“God is the indwelling and not the transient cause of all things.”
- Baruch Spinoza

The world would be happier if men had the same capacity to be silent that they have to speak.
- Baruch Spinoza

Whatsoever is, is in God, and without God nothing can be, or be conceived.
-Baruch Spinoza

Location hidden

#71082 Apr 8, 2014
".. I'm going in the tent. I came up here with a girl and I'm going to sleep with three grown men that smell like wet wool..."
-The Fonz

Denver, CO

#71083 Apr 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"I dont believe in the same God that you dont believe in." (Reb Levi Yitzhak of Berditchev, 1740-1809)

rabbee: yes but is the g-d that reb levi yitzak believes in, the same G-D of Only TheTorah here in IT as i believe in?

“Where was God in Auschwitz?.... the real question is where was man?”(Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel)
where was G-D, at awschwitz? still giving the alleged as jews hell and death, for not being here in TheTorah THEY are still giving.

since the alleged as jews, are still bearing false witness against G-D here in TheTorah still. G-D even commanded the romans, to give them hell and death too for not being true to G-D here in TheTorah.

all hell and death on earth, is because you are not! being true to G-D actually here in TheTorah again. you can't avoid hell and death from G-D, with all the lying in this world.

who on this message thread is not bearing false witness, against G-D here in Only TheTorah again from THEM? how many of you, are not here in TheTorah G-D is still giving today?

i have not met an alleged person yet that is admitting the truth, about us all here in Only TheTorah from G-D. and you all can't figure out why, there is nothing but hell and death all around you here in TheTorah.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71084 Apr 8, 2014
10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000(Listen to audio clip)

8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)

7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

6) "You work three jobs?… Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

3) "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

Read More W Bushisms

[I like to say he was our first retarded president...]

Location hidden

#71085 Apr 8, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
where was G-D, at awschwitz? still giving the alleged as jews hell and death, for not being here in TheTorah THEY are still giving.
since the alleged as jews, are still bearing false witness against G-D here in TheTorah still. G-D even commanded the romans, to give them hell and death too for not being true to G-D here in TheTorah.
I thought you said they weren't descended from the real Jews?

Why would G-D make other people pay for someone else's violations?

Denver, CO

#71086 Apr 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
&#8213; Epicurus
rabbee: well your arrogant vanity, is not a very willing subject. since G-D is doing exactly what THEY said, THEY would do to this world refusing to be here in TheTorah. G-D said if you do not believe in THEM here in TheTorah, your going to get hell and death for it. so this is not a result of G-D being malevolent, helpless or evil as it is your all being this

take a good look around, since G-D is doing exactly as described to this whole evil and wicked world against G-D here in TheTorah. since G-D promised to give all not true to them, all manner of hell and death. so do not tell me, that G-D is not busy giving The Whole Torah again. as all of your delusional not here in TheTorah attitudes, is getting rejected by G-D here in TheTorah.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71087 Apr 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to be reincarnated as your tampon.(Prince Charles, 1991)
Don't be humble. You're not that great. Golda Meir)
I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy. But that could change.(Vice-President Dan Quayle)
Be careful with the government, for they befriend a person only for their own needs.(Pirke Avot 2:3)
I hadn't recalled the Prince Chas quote - wow!

I like the Golda Meir one - very cleaver.

Location hidden

#71088 Apr 8, 2014
former res wrote:
10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)
9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000(Listen to audio clip)
8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)
7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)
6) "You work three jobs?… Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)
5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)
4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
3) "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000
2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)
1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)
Read More W Bushisms
[I like to say he was our first retarded president...]
I still think that's better than the Liar in Chief we have now.
Goodbye Rome

Greenfield, MA

#71089 Apr 8, 2014
We are bringing the world to the brink of ruin and blaming all others even though our excess, vice, greed, subversion, decadence, and depravity is doing so.
It is one thing to bang our chest and say "We're America and we can do what we wish"! And another to take over the world with our arrogance. This is not sustainable.
Shalom my a**.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Gila Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gila People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gila News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gila

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:02 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 9:02PM