Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,045
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48549 Feb 4, 2013
no one no where wrote:
the messianic jew can always move to jordan, syria, iraq, iran, or turkey for more freedom of religion.
Your love of your fellow Jew is noted. No doubt the homosexual ones can come into your warm embrace.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48550 Feb 4, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, there are postage stamps with Homer's image.
Eric--So what, there are postage stamps with Homer's image.

HughBe--- You are not really following the conversation. The point is, rabbis of your religion clearly believe that Jesus existed. Take your time to read and understand the quote which was taken from the Jewish Virtual Library.

"An unusual and important find was discovered at the archaeological excavation of Ancient Tiberias being carried out at a site on the shore of the Sea of Galilee in Israel.
To their great surprise, a group of young people who were participating in the dig discovered a rare coin. On the front of the coin can be seen a somewhat blurred image of Jesus, while on the back, the words in Greek “Jesus the Messiah King of Kings” are engraved very clearly. This coin is one of a series of coins that were issued in Constantinople (present day Istanbul) in celebration of the First Millennium of Jesus' birth."
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/A ...
Finally, you are no match.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48551 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a legend in your own legion.
1.much love from JJ.

2. Legion(s) is(are) associated with you and company and NOT HughBe.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48552 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, I never said Homer was real
All i asked was that you prove that your delusion figure was any less fictitious than my delusion figure
You dont think very clearly, do you.
why compare REAL/Jesus with fiction/Homer, wise child?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48553 Feb 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1.much love from JJ.
2. Legion(s) is(are) associated with you and company and NOT HughBe.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma463ppLel1r25...
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#48554 Feb 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric--So what, there are postage stamps with Homer's image.
HughBe--- You are not really following the conversation. The point is, rabbis of your religion clearly believe that Jesus existed. Take your time to read and understand the quote which was taken from the Jewish Virtual Library.
"An unusual and important find was discovered at the archaeological excavation of Ancient Tiberias being carried out at a site on the shore of the Sea of Galilee in Israel.
To their great surprise, a group of young people who were participating in the dig discovered a rare coin. On the front of the coin can be seen a somewhat blurred image of Jesus, while on the back, the words in Greek “Jesus the Messiah King of Kings” are engraved very clearly. This coin is one of a series of coins that were issued in Constantinople (present day Istanbul) in celebration of the First Millennium of Jesus' birth."
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/A ...
Finally, you are no match.
Silly rabbit. How does the existence of an undated coin in Greek support your premise? Undoubtedly, the coin must have come in at least the 4th Century CE, given the marking. It doesn't show acceptance by Jews that Jesus lived.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48555 Feb 4, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly rabbit. How does the existence of an undated coin in Greek support your premise? Undoubtedly, the coin must have come in at least the 4th Century CE, given the marking. It doesn't show acceptance by Jews that Jesus lived.
Eric---It doesn't show acceptance by Jews that Jesus lived.

HughBe--- I cannot be held accountable for your poor understanding.

Trust me when I tell you this, the fact that the Jewish Virtual Library did the article shows a belief in a historical personality called Jesus.

Einstein a Jew believed in Jesus and so JEWS accept that Jesus lived.

YOUR sister a Jew by BLOOD accepts that Jesus lived and so Jews accept that Jesus lived.

Many other Jews accept that their Messiah lived.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48556 Feb 4, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Maimonides accepted that Jesus lived and so JEWS believe that Jesus lived.

"Maimonides (Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon) lamented the pains that Jews felt as a result of new faiths that attempted to supplant Judaism, specifically Christianity and Islam. Referring to Jesus, he wrote:
Even Jesus the Nazarene who imagined that he would be Messiah and was killed by the court, was already prophesied by Daniel. So that it was said,“And the members of the outlaws of your nation would be carried to make a (prophetic) vision stand. And they stumbled”(Daniel 11.14). Because, is there a greater stumbling-block than this one? So that all of the prophets spoke that the Messiah redeems Israel, and saves them, and gathers their banished ones, and strengthens their commandments. And this one caused (nations) to destroy Israel by sword, and to scatter their remnant, and to humiliate them, and to exchange the Torah, and to make the majority of the world err to serve a divinity besides God.[47

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism%27s_view ...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48557 Feb 4, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbi Boteach, believes that Jesus lived. Listen to the video.

Eric

Bensenville, IL

#48558 Feb 4, 2013
Hugh

I have never stated that Jesus didn't exist.

I have only stated that an undated coin in Greek coming from a time after the Christians took over Europe and the Middle East does not prove it. The site only states that the coin exists; not that what it says is true.
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#48559 Feb 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbi Boteach, believes that Jesus lived. Listen to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Km9Up16oa7AXX
It's still going over your myopic head. The coin minted by Christians proves nothing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48560 Feb 4, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It's still going over your myopic head. The coin minted by Christians proves nothing.
"myopic head" is interesting. Here is a secret, it was one of a series of posts to prove a point. In addition, any honest and moderately intelligent person who reads their comments on the matter would not take it to mean that they believe that Jesus was a work of fiction.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48561 Feb 4, 2013
Eric wrote:
Hugh
I have never stated that Jesus didn't exist.
I have only stated that an undated coin in Greek coming from a time after the Christians took over Europe and the Middle East does not prove it. The site only states that the coin exists; not that what it says is true.
Pay attention to CONTEXT of a discussion. Also pay attention to what others write e.g. if the rabbis at the Library felt that Jesus did not exist they would NOT, in my mind, have written the article without expressing an adverse opinion on the matter.
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#48562 Feb 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention to CONTEXT of a discussion. Also pay attention to what others write e.g. if the rabbis at the Library felt that Jesus did not exist they would NOT, in my mind, have written the article without expressing an adverse opinion on the matter.
You know that old saying about "assuming" Hugh. But in this case it's just YOU-U

Oh, what happened to showing that the Messianic age had come into fruition? Isn't that what Maimonides was waiting for--the Messiah and the Messianic Age?
Clear

United States

#48563 Feb 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Your post is very circumvent, what are the Signs that some sect or denomination has "Put their trust in God and not a man".
Every sect and denomination claims that "It is guided by the Holy Spirit"
You are right, Satan attacked the Word from the very beginning and there was not much which one could do.
The First one whom Satan mislead was this St. Paul and thru him most of Christians were mislead, so much so that this St. Paul has become the "voice of all Christians".
They know Jesus thru St. Paul and not the other way around.
So I do not know, what is the way for Christians to come back to true path and to true teachings of jesus?
Have you any solution to this problem?
If any christian is seeking to find the true teachings of Jesus then they should take All inspired teachings of Jesus into account, not just those of one person.

Many hang their christian hat on st. Peter, and even say God has started and built Hid church on Peter.

I believe that anyone can take the verse these people use to prove they are right, and simply look a few verses further, to prove they are not.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#48564 Feb 4, 2013
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-53

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : SURAQA BIN MALIK

This case also refers to the journey which prophet took during his flight from Makkah to Madina. When prophet decided to migrate ha and his close friend Abu Baker, took their flight during dead night, they first stayed for thee days in the cave of AL THAUR, located 2-3 miles from Makkah in the direction of Yemen.

When the morning came and Makkah people found out that prophet and Abu Bakr had left their houses and would certainly head towards Madina, they went on looking for them in all directions. They even came very close to the cave where prophet had taken refuge…..this incident is very beautifully described in the following verse of Quran:

“If you do not help (Your leader)(It is no matter) for Allah did indeed help him, when the unbelievers drove him out: he had no more than one companion: they two were in the cave, and he said to his companion “Have no fear, for Allah is with us”: Then Allah sent down His peace upon him, and strengthened him with forces which you did not see….”(9:40)

When Makkah people could not find his, they declared a booty of 100 camels to any one who would bring the fugitives back to Makkah or provide (certain) information about their whereabouts.

SURAQA was living in a village, between Makkah and Madina, he also heard about the declaration of Makkah people. One morning he was sitting with some people, when some one mentioned that he had seen two people going on camel near the sea. SURAQA immediately surmised that they might be the persons who were wanted….but he did not want to share the prize with others, so he dismissed the person, saying that they could be such and such.

But when people had left, he took his horse and went in the indicated direction as fast as his horse could take him. After some distance he saw two camels ahead, and at the same time, his horse took a wobble. SURAQA took his arrows of divination to check about its mission, it came negative, but he perceived his course.

When SURAQA came very near to the camels, front feet of his horse went deep into the sand upto half their lengths, he again look for divination, the answer came in negative. So he was convinced that he would never succeed in his mission. He called in a loud voice for peace and assured that he meant no harm.

SURAQA went to prophet and related his story, he assured prophet that he would not have to fear for any one approaching from this direction as SURAQA would take care of it. SURAQA then asked prophet to give him a written assurance of protection.

Since prophet did not know how to read and write, Abu Bakr gave him that deed and SURAQA went back happy. A booty hunter to a Protected man in a few moment! That is sure a very effective sword!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122191862

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48565 Feb 4, 2013
ADDENDUM ON THE 112nd CHAPTER OF THE QURAN:

"He neither begets nor is born."

COMMENTARY:

This line from the Quran also reveals the non-human nature of the minor archetypal being, Allah, who unlike mortals has neither parents nor is it destructible like all the other eternal supraphysical beings who are Allah's rivals and who may be its equal, inferior to it or superior to it. The other interpretation of the line from the Quran that I'd alluded to in my previous analysis of the Quranic chapter is this - the deeper meaning of the line under analysis from the Quran refers to the principle of conservation of energy/consciousness. Not a jot of energy or consciousness can either be created or destroyed. The form is destroyed but the consciousness and energy underlying the form remains. Now, Allah is your typical anthropathetic being as seen from its 99 attributes and its relation with Muhammad which indicate that the being, Allah, is a form of a particular grade of consciousness-energy of the 7th cosmic plane, the Illumined Mind Plane, and as such in the final analysis it can be concluded that it (Allah) despite all the boast of being eternal is subject to dissolution into its seed elements and these seed elements in terms of the released consciousness and energy can be further dissolved into the primal state and withdrawn by the cosmic causal mechanism that inheres in the unified field of consciousness-energy in manifestation.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48566 Feb 4, 2013
The word should read as ANTHROPOPATHIC
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48567 Feb 4, 2013
WILL PERFECTION BE VIA EVOLUTION OF NATURE OR A MESSIAH?

1) Nature being evolutionary as seen in the various epochs, in terms of the innate information content that's been and is being progressively manifested in the mind-matter matrix, thus all talk about the second coming of Jesus or of the arrival of a messiah like the Maitreya or any other is futile.

2) The final perfection of the earth nature and of the extraterrestrial and supraphysical realms up to overmind is a long way off - perhaps, billions of years from now.

3) As the emergence of a particular grade of an involved consciousness-energy with its innate laws and faculties takes place in matter, the evolution goes a step forward and this evolutionary process will continue until the universe in all its gross and subtle dimensions vibrates in perfect unison with the source and so in this superior state the manifestation/universe need not be withdrawn and simply stays.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#48568 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It is incredibly naive to think that we, as a nation, can just turn our backs on the rest of the world and expect them in turn to ignore us. It doesnt work that way.
That doesn't mean we have to invade Iraq, but it does mean we need to establish the minimum amount of deterrence and relationships abroad in order to protect our interests at home.
Support for Israel has nothing to do with oil. Israel has no petro supplies, and obviously if oil was our major concern we would be allied with the muslim nations not Israel.
Aid to Israel has decreased. Thats why I posted the links.
Did I mis-read? Page 1 talks to an increase in aide and Israel receiving the most aide in history. Maybe I mis-read. I was not referring to oil in Israel. I know that there is very little there. It just happens to be in the middle of many other countries that have an abundance of oil and other natural resources. So, the interest has got to be strategic location. Or it might be that we just want to be nice and helpful to our neighbors and allies who tend to spy on us a lot? Relationship of convenience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Gila Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gila People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gila News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gila

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:33 pm PST

ESPN11:33PM