Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,188
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45714 Dec 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot claim Jesus to be a good man or prophet, if you can't claim He is who He said He was.
He is either God, or a liar.
Dont tempt me here to express the answer to that question.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45715 Dec 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
May God show you the truth, for He alone can.
Then why the long winded post?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45716 Dec 17, 2012
Hughbe's in luck:

A new -- and almost entirely unreported -- study about anal sex and pain shows how little we really know about it

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/05/anal_sex_scie...

---------
WORD for the day: anodyspareunia
Gtown71

United States

#45718 Dec 17, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Polls show that Americans don't care what the Polish people think.
<quoted text>
One can hope.
<quoted text>
Another fine example of the No True Scotsman fallacy. You must not have been paying attention.
<quoted text>
How do you hate something if you don't believe it exists? Maybe you weren't a "true" atheist (Oops, there goes that Scotsman again).
<quoted text>
Try and stay away from heavy meals before bedtime.
<quoted text>
I'd recommend a good gastroenterologist.
I believe in God, although for years I did not.
You may come up with all the theories you wish, and it will not change the fact that God is real.
According to the first chapter of Romans the earth is enough to show you.

You are without excuse.
When I mentioned being an atheist, I mentioned, if there was such a thing.

I truly didn't believe in God, but if there was a God I hated Him.

God woke me up and dealt with me, the very next day I noticed something different. I was not around any christians at all.

I had no desire to drink, take pills, or cuss, just the night before I was doing just that.

I went from having no prob dropping the biggest curse word you could think of, to not being able to say any without feeling horrible.

I had a desire to read a bible, for the firat time in my life, I couldn't stop talking about God, before I never wanted to hear anything about God.

Say what you will, educate yourself in great ways, it will not help you
when I said america has few christians, it is true, most are caught up in a dead religion with christ ob the sign.

Read what made Solomon the wisest man to ever live.
He had all the money, education, Nd women you could imagine, but counted it all nothing without God.

May you check out the lead singer of Korn, and his conversion???

I have not read this entire thread, I assume you believe in evolution, which takes waaay more faith, then God.

Jesus lived a perfect life, died for you and me, rose the third day, so that any who simply put their faith and trust in Him, shall live forever, no matter what any church denom says.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45719 Dec 17, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
Hughbe's in luck:
A new -- and almost entirely unreported -- study about anal sex and pain shows how little we really know about it
http://www.salon.com/2012/10/05/anal_sex_scie...
---------
WORD for the day: anodyspareunia
This information should be right up his alley!

;)

Where is our favorite shiny tropical buxt pirate?

[censored by the man]
Gtown71

United States

#45720 Dec 17, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont tempt me here to express the answer to that question.
You may say what you will.
I never had a prob telling people what I thought.
Plus God already knows what you wanted to say.
you may get as vile as you wish with me, it doesn't matter what you say to me.

I understand how I wanted nothing to do with Jesus Christ, and lumped all religions together, but now I know the truth.

Perhaps one day you will be humble enough to see it.

A man died for you, to cover all of your sin, yet you would rather hang onto what you are taught, or learn from another man.

I'm sure you are readi.g this thinking a ton of sharp come backs, but either way God is real, and His name is Jesus Christ.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#45725 Dec 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
You may come up with all the theories you wish, and it will not change the fact that God is real.
Who said anything about theories? You make a positive assertion that god exists, the burden is on you to prove it, not on me to disprove it.
Gtown71 wrote:
According to the first chapter of Romans the earth is enough to show you.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Sorry, but saying "the Earth is here, therefore god exists" does not cut it. Doesn't matter what your book of mythology says.

By the way, if you're into that sort of reading, nothing beats the Greek mythologies. They set the standard.
Gtown71 wrote:
You are without excuse.
When I mentioned being an atheist, I mentioned, if there was such a thing.
a·the·ist [ey-thee-ist]
noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

You would question the existence of atheists, but you don't question the existence of an invisible, omniscient, omnipotent being? You have an odd way of processing reality.
Gtown71 wrote:
I truly didn't believe in God, but if there was a God I hated Him.
You sound conflicted. It's like me saying I don't believe in invisible pink elephants, but I hate them. Doesn't make much sense, now, does it.
Gtown71 wrote:
God woke me up and dealt with me, the very next day I noticed something different. I was not around any christians at all.
I had no desire to drink, take pills, or cuss, just the night before I was doing just that.
Well, that explains your "visions". Next time, try not mixing the red pills with the blue pills.
Gtown71 wrote:
I went from having no prob dropping the biggest curse word you could think of, to not being able to say any without feeling horrible.
Repressed guilt can do that to a person.
Gtown71 wrote:
I had a desire to read a bible, for the firat time in my life, I couldn't stop talking about God, before I never wanted to hear anything about God.
I encourage everyone to read the bible, cover to cover. If that doesn't convince people it's all a myth, I don't know what will.
Gtown71 wrote:
Read what made Solomon the wisest man to ever live.
He had all the money, education, Nd women you could imagine, but counted it all nothing without God.
Solomon? Wasn't he the guy that tried to chop a baby in half to resolve a dispute with a grieving mother and an impostor?
Gtown71 wrote:
I have not read this entire thread, I assume you believe in evolution, which takes waaay more faith, then God.
How does studying how nature works require more faith than believing in an invisible best friend? You do realize the definition of faith is belief without evidence. On the other hand, there is plenty of evidence to support evolution (biological, archaeological, genetic, etc.).
Gtown71 wrote:
Jesus lived a perfect life, died for you and me, rose the third day, so that any who simply put their faith and trust in Him, shall live forever, no matter what any church denom says.
So you believe in a god that requires human sacrifice in order to save you from the original sin of Adam and Eve (that you had nothing to do with)? A strange fellow that god is (assuming he exists).
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45733 Dec 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A man died for you, to cover all of your sin, yet you would rather hang onto what you are taught, or learn from another man.
Go figure.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45738 Dec 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand how I wanted nothing to do with Jesus Christ, and lumped all religions together, but now I know the truth.
http://www.robertfulghum.com/

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.

These are the things I learned:

Share everything.

Play fair.

Don't hit people.

Put things back where you found them.

Clean up your own mess.

Don't take things that aren't yours.

Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.

Wash your hands before you eat.

Flush.

Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.

Take a nap every afternoon.

When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.

Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.

Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.

And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45739 Dec 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may say what you will.
I never had a prob telling people what I thought.
Plus God already knows what you wanted to say.
you may get as vile as you wish with me, it doesn't matter what you say to me.
Perhaps one day you will be humble enough to see it.
I'm sure you are readi.g this thinking a ton of sharp come backs, but either way God is real, and His name is Jesus Christ.
rabbee: yes but it only takes, one lie to hide your eyes from the actual truth. so what is the real purpose, of the fake name jesus?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45744 Dec 17, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes but it only takes, one lie to hide your eyes from the actual truth. so what is the real purpose, of the fake name jesus?
Yeah but at least Gtown has the balls to admit and declare that he/she is a Christian.

Our spineless Jamaican friend could learn from this.
Voluntarist

United States

#45745 Dec 17, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked, Obama was the commander in chief. The buck stops there. He authorized it. He owned the operation.
Why do you always post from a smart phone? Dont you realize that this will make it easier for the Feds to track you?
I'm not afraid of federal morons, I do nothing wrong.

If the Buck stops there then he is responsible for every last child killed by a drone.
Voluntarist

United States

#45746 Dec 17, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a hell of a lot more clear that Bush didn't get Bin Laddin.
But it's also clear he invaded the wrong country and killed at least 10s of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens.
I don't recall him apologizing for that.
So you are stating that he is no better than bush, got it but why are you trying to deflect the argument?
Voluntarist

United States

#45747 Dec 17, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, in Crazy Town, USA
And your opinion is as accurate as those drone strikes that killed innocent children.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#45748 Dec 17, 2012

Location hidden

#45749 Dec 17, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And your opinion is as accurate as those drone strikes that killed innocent children.
Except my comments never killed anyone.
Gtown71

United States

#45750 Dec 17, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about theories? You make a positive assertion that god exists, the burden is on you to prove it, not on me to disprove it.
<quoted text>
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Sorry, but saying "the Earth is here, therefore god exists" does not cut it. Doesn't matter what your book of mythology says.
By the way, if you're into that sort of reading, nothing beats the Greek mythologies. They set the standard.
<quoted text>
a·the·ist [ey-thee-ist]
noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
You would question the existence of atheists, but you don't question the existence of an invisible, omniscient, omnipotent being? You have an odd way of processing reality.
<quoted text>
You sound conflicted. It's like me saying I don't believe in invisible pink elephants, but I hate them. Doesn't make much sense, now, does it.
<quoted text>
Well, that explains your "visions". Next time, try not mixing the red pills with the blue pills.
<quoted text>
Repressed guilt can do that to a person.
<quoted text>
I encourage everyone to read the bible, cover to cover. If that doesn't convince people it's all a myth, I don't know what will.
<quoted text>
Solomon? Wasn't he the guy that tried to chop a baby in half to resolve a dispute with a grieving mother and an impostor?
<quoted text>
How does studying how nature works require more faith than believing in an invisible best friend? You do realize the definition of faith is belief without evidence. On the other hand, there is plenty of evidence to support evolution (biological, archaeological, genetic, etc.).
<quoted text>
So you believe in a god that requires human sacrifice in order to save you from the original sin of Adam and Eve (that you had nothing to do with)? A strange fellow that god is (assuming he exists).
Well atheist do exsist, when I considered myself an atheist I didn't want to be anywhere near anything about any god.
I am amazed at how many claim to not believe in God, yet love talking about what they say that don't believe in.

I had a man tell me once, that after going through what I did, and confessing my Sin was the reason I no longer wanted to drink or take drugs.
Ok, so I thought on it, it still don't explain why I hated to curse, and had a desire (for the first time ever) to read a bible, and listen to preaching, with no one trying to get me to.

I went from not wanting any of that to some days reading and watching preaching for up to 12 hours a day.

Evolution takes faith, and lots of it.
When they do find a dino bone, they rarely find a complete set.
sounds like a flood hit, and bloated dinos rose to the top, falling to pieces as the waters left, sinking quickly in the mud.

What do they say when they dig up a tree, in the upright postion, that has been torn frim its roots?

Did the tree stand there for millions of years?
it does take faith to believe i. GOD, that is how He set it up.
We want to make our own God, and many do.
Many have christ on their sign, yet don't have a clue about God.

I'm just trying to show you how a person went from one way to another.
I was BORN AGAIN, as I read later.
Nothing I did would work.
As far as Adam, if it wasn't him, it would have been me or you.

The Sin of others does effect you, if someone you love commits Sin, they do effect you. Many in prison today, becouse they were associated with another.

God shows us where we stand, and what we can do about it.
I no longer fear death at all.
I will go to heaven, not becouse of what I've done, but becouse of what He did.not becouse of who I am, but becouse of who He is.
If you were as humble as a kindergardener, and seen yourself for who you are, not measuring yourself against another man, then you could see your need for a savior.
I Am A born again christian, thanks to God.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45751 Dec 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
...I am amazed at how many claim to not believe in God, yet love talking about what they say that don't believe in...
Do you doubt their word?

I claim to not believe in god.

Why is it such an interesting subject?

Look at how many people believe in something without a shred of evidence.

So many devote their lives to this idea; give so much money; model their lives around the traditions and edicts of their faiths.

Yeah, I'd say I find it all pretty damn interesting.

Location hidden

#45752 Dec 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well atheist do exsist, when I considered myself an atheist I didn't want to be anywhere near anything about any god.
I am amazed at how many claim to not believe in God, yet love talking about what they say that don't believe in.
I had a man tell me once, that after going through what I did, and confessing my Sin was the reason I no longer wanted to drink or take drugs.
Ok, so I thought on it, it still don't explain why I hated to curse, and had a desire (for the first time ever) to read a bible, and listen to preaching, with no one trying to get me to.
I went from not wanting any of that to some days reading and watching preaching for up to 12 hours a day.
Evolution takes faith, and lots of it.
When they do find a dino bone, they rarely find a complete set.
sounds like a flood hit, and bloated dinos rose to the top, falling to pieces as the waters left, sinking quickly in the mud.
What do they say when they dig up a tree, in the upright postion, that has been torn frim its roots?
Did the tree stand there for millions of years?
it does take faith to believe i. GOD, that is how He set it up.
We want to make our own God, and many do.
Many have christ on their sign, yet don't have a clue about God.
I'm just trying to show you how a person went from one way to another.
I was BORN AGAIN, as I read later.
Nothing I did would work.
As far as Adam, if it wasn't him, it would have been me or you.
The Sin of others does effect you, if someone you love commits Sin, they do effect you. Many in prison today, becouse they were associated with another.
God shows us where we stand, and what we can do about it.
I no longer fear death at all.
I will go to heaven, not becouse of what I've done, but becouse of what He did.not becouse of who I am, but becouse of who He is.
If you were as humble as a kindergardener, and seen yourself for who you are, not measuring yourself against another man, then you could see your need for a savior.
I Am A born again christian, thanks to God.
A recovering alcoholic/drug abuser who found Jesus. How original.
Gtown71

United States

#45753 Dec 17, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you doubt their word?
I claim to not believe in god.
Why is it such an interesting subject?
Look at how many people believe in something without a shred of evidence.
So many devote their lives to this idea; give so much money; model their lives around the traditions and edicts of their faiths.
Yeah, I'd say I find it all pretty damn interesting.
It is very interesting, men have within themselves to worship somthing.
Some woeship trees, cows etc...

I waa raised church of christ, told to be a good boy.
I tried to be good, but at age 10 I found my father dead, and my church going mom started going to bars, bringing home a different guy every other night. This lead me to believe that God wasn't real, and that there were religious people, and people like me who knew the truth. Lol

What I say is true, after looking up my favorite sin in the bible, and Not liking what it said, it did put me under holy ghost conviction.
Although I didn't know how to word it, It did lead me to ask "what if? "

If God was real, then I was in trouble!!!

But with sooo many different gods, which one was real, if any?

The night I was woken up, it was exactly 1:30 am.
Something I will never forget.

As this God was speaking to me, inwardly, Although no one can explain.
He let me know, that I was about to yeild to Him, or I was fixing to die and go to Hell, or spiritualy die, and He would never bother me again!

All I said was ok God ok, but you're going to have to help me!

After that I went to sleep, having a peace that passed all understanding.
I woke up a new man in Christ, just didn't know how to word it.

I went a few days later to buy a bible.
They asked me what kind? I said black!
they laughed and said no, what version? I said Holy.
they laughed again, and I was educated on All the different versions, or now say perversions of the bible.

Many follow their traditions, but I'm glad that I was in No church when I was saved!

Just like others couldn't put into words, when they tried telling me this, I now find myself in their position.

All I do know, is Jesus Christ saved my soul forever more the night I yeilded to His call.
He is not a respector of persons, and will save any, with the humble heart who ask.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Gila Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gila People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gila News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gila

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:29 am PST

Bleacher Report11:29AM