High School Basketball Coaches
Tyler Miller

Saint Louis, MO

#53 Feb 21, 2008
jeremy kellum too...i forgot about him
lotsoffun

Columbia, MO

#54 Feb 22, 2008
I remember watching "Jazzy" jamie Booker play for the Harlem Globetrotters when they came to Jonesboro...it was awesome.
bball fan

United States

#56 Feb 27, 2008
M HART, RAY PUGH &ROBERT ISON WERE SOME OF THE BEST AROUND HERE EVER ,AND YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE DEFENSE NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO PLAY IT OR COACH IT ANYMORE.ALTHOUGH I HAVE SAW MALDEN PLAY A FEW TIMES THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS AND ISON HAS THOSE KIDS PLAYING SOME DEFENSE.
Unknown

Dexter, MO

#57 Feb 27, 2008
EJ & Dredlox...I hear you guys and I agree with you. But a name I think you are leaving out is Jeff Lindsey. He wasn't a big scorer, but he handled his team as well as anybody (though he was kind of a hot head!). Plus he was quick. I never saw anybody dunk on him. He was quick enough to get back and keep the guy from dunking...not necessarily from scoring, but no dunk. Point gaurd if I ever seen one.

Since: Feb 08

United States

#58 Feb 27, 2008
The name sounds familiar but I can't picture him . Where did he play and what years ?
96grad

Dallas, TX

#59 Feb 28, 2008
what happend to the Green boys from Bernie. If i remeber right, it was Shawn and Shane(?) They were pretty good from the outside.

Dexter, MO

#60 Feb 28, 2008
96grad wrote:
what happend to the Green boys from Bernie. If i remeber right, it was Shawn and Shane(?) They were pretty good from the outside.
played against the green boys, excellent shooters, one would start, the other on would be sixth man, played for paul hale, went to shawnee community college which considering how difficult it was to get a scholarship was impressive to me, I agree green boys were great shooters, but the best player on that team in 91-92 was Jonathan Mays. In 92 bernie was 2a and they beat a very talented twin rivers team which had matt thurman, jaimie suiter, jeremy siebert, and also maybe one of the best point guards from southeast missouri jamie watson.

Dexter, MO

#61 Feb 28, 2008
How about this for a bootheel all time dream team
anthony beane pg(Bernie), brian blackburn sg(Puxico), ray pugh sf (Malden), robert ison pf(Malden), louis shurn c (Malden). 4 bench players : Chris Wilson (Holcomb), Kevin Lawrence (Campbell), Michael Hart(Clarkton) this is just a few great players of many
Interested

United States

#62 Feb 29, 2008
Hey Dredlox Did you graduate in Gideon? You seem to know so much about their bball team??

Hell, I'm from Risco and I don't know stuff from that far back!!!

Just curious
Unknown

Dexter, MO

#63 Feb 29, 2008
Lindsey played in Gideon 87-89. There's also Tim Hooten. Hooten wasn't much of a team player, but had a nice shot. He graduated Gideon in 83.

Since: Feb 08

United States

#64 Feb 29, 2008
No I'm not from Gideon . I am a Risco graduate myself . Class of 96' . I seem to remember Lindsey a little but I was pretty young then .
Wow

Traverse City, MI

#65 Mar 1, 2008
I remember Jeff Scott, Jeff Smith, Barry Acock, Craig Earnheart,,,,,,great players from Risco.
fan

Sikeston, MO

#66 Mar 1, 2008
what about the Green twins from Bernie. They could shoot threes like crazy.......
person

United States

#67 Mar 1, 2008
I understand people wanting to reflect on the good times, but what about the future good or even great teams/players? The bulldogs jv is really good. they started 4 fresh. this year and beat teams like risco,campbell, and holcomb who had 4 or even 5 soph starters. the boys are good now but when they get into high school they are going to be one of the best around.[ps. who besides scc can beat them next year?]
bbgoer

Saint Louis, MO

#68 Mar 1, 2008
Hi Person---People enjoy reflecting on past players. I think it's a cool thing. The same boys you speak about in your earlier post will be reflecting on the good players of their time. Just the way that rolls.

As far as how good the Gideon JV will be next year--it will be fun to see how these guys will do.
Gideon Student

United States

#69 Mar 1, 2008
well...actually....
many of the sophmores of next years team will be playin varsity because we only have 3 or 4 ...decent players...
Tim, Dylan, and Jordan will all probably play up...along with Max Johnson, Jacob Deprow,and Curtis Miller...
by the way...Adam Thurman will be back next year..so that would turn out good...hes a good ball player...probably dribble around anyone around here...one on one..
Angels

Traverse City, MI

#70 Mar 2, 2008
I am so proud of Tim, Dylan, and Jordan and all the rest of the players on JV. I've watched them grow up and grow up they have. Keep it up boys, I'll always love ya. You've got great futures ahead of you!!!
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#71 Mar 2, 2008
I like the recolections. I actually know some of the players. Of course I have met them long after they graduated high school. One thing I would love to know is how ya'll would rate Lyle Ferguson.
What

United States

#72 Mar 2, 2008
if tim, dylan and jordan do move uo i think gideon will still have a good varsity. I think they can beat most varsity teams around here if they handle the defense by the more experienced players.
person

United States

#73 Mar 2, 2008
bbgoer wrote:
Hi Person---People enjoy reflecting on past players. I think it's a cool thing. The same boys you speak about in your earlier post will be reflecting on the good players of their time. Just the way that rolls.
As far as how good the Gideon JV will be next year--it will be fun to see how these guys will do.
my bad i agree they will reflect on their playing days. And i am sure with their talented TEAM they will have plenty to reflect on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gideon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ear Stapling (Feb '06) 11 min bartender 575
Campbell's Fire Department 9 hr Need more money 11
wee wee size 14 hr joebob 27
Henson Family Sun gotaprobwnoseyppl 4
Timmy Hillis (Sep '15) Sun your truly 23
does anyone remember Doris Gibbs Sun old friend 1
Justice for Russell (BUCKLE) Gray (Jan '16) Sat Family 14

Gideon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance