A clash over gun shows on public property nears in Texas

Jan 13, 2013 Full story: Star-Telegram.com 32

As Austin and Travis County officials prepare to vote on whether weapon markets should be hosted in their publicly owned Exposition Center - potentially laying the groundwork for other Texas communities to follow - top state officials are firing back in defense of gun shows.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Ah, the cartel conduit.

Since: Feb 12

Waltham, MA

#2 Jan 15, 2013
The Cartel Conduit would be obama and hi cronies running guns for the Cartels.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Just ignore the tens of thousands of guns and concentrate on one bad undercover operation. It won't work. You've gotten all the mileage you're gonna out of that.

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Justi gnore the 99+% percent of legal gun owners that never do anything illegal with their guns.
that won't work.
Also ignore the facts of the most recent incident. Ignore the fact that he so called assault weapon was never inside the school. Ignore the evidence of multiple shooters. Ignore all of it.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Just ignore the private sales of guns from the "legal" owners who never do anything but sell weapons to people without background checks. How do you think the Texas are shipping weapons to the Mexicans?
Simple Enough

Arlington, TX

#6 Jan 15, 2013
door king wrote:
Just ignore the private sales of guns from the "legal" owners who never do anything but sell weapons to people without background checks. How do you think the Texas are shipping weapons to the Mexicans?
How about Mexicans shipping guns to Mexicans in Mexico? How about drugs from Mexico being shipped to Texas by Mexicans who illegally posses guns? How about the number of guns stolen from people and used by the criminals who stole them? How about 800,000 potential gun purchasers who were refused a gun purchase because they "falsified" the background check information, and only 40 of them were prosecuted?
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Jan 15, 2013
You shouldn't own a gun. You are both a bigot and a person who can't repeat simple facts without serious errors, both indicative of a mental defect which would bar you from owning weapons. Why did you lie on your background check?

Mexicans can't buy weapons from a dealer for example; only Americans can buy them, and legal immigrants, who must pass far more stringent checks than American buyers. There were 80,000 rejected gun buyers, not 800,000.
Faranji

Canton, TX

#8 Jan 16, 2013
door king wrote:
You shouldn't own a gun. You are both a bigot and a person who can't repeat simple facts without serious errors, both indicative of a mental defect which would bar you from owning weapons. Why did you lie on your background check?
Mexicans can't buy weapons from a dealer for example; only Americans can buy them, and legal immigrants, who must pass far more stringent checks than American buyers. There were 80,000 rejected gun buyers, not 800,000.
You're a bigot! How did you get a gun?
Rattle Brain

United States

#9 Jan 19, 2013
Faranji wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a bigot! How did you get a gun?
No guns for lay abiding people means a lot of guns for criminals.

El Paso, TX

#10 Jan 19, 2013
door king wrote:
Ask Holdderr about the guns flowing to Mexico to be used to kill US Border Patrol Ahents.
The Cartells do not want the guns that legal owners have they want the guns that the Current Administartion sells to them.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#11 Jan 19, 2013
UR BS wrote:
Justi gnore the 99+% percent of legal gun owners that never do anything illegal with their guns.
that won't work.
Also ignore the facts of the most recent incident. Ignore the fact that he so called assault weapon was never inside the school. Ignore the evidence of multiple shooters. Ignore all of it.
But they sell them to whoever comes through the gun show door without a background check. Plug the private sale and gun show loopholes and that $100,000 Chinese assault weapon collection becomes scrap metal, which is what you are really afrain of. You don't care about anyone's rights.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#12 Jan 19, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Holdderr about the guns flowing to Mexico to be used to kill US Border Patrol Ahents.
The Cartells do not want the guns that legal owners have they want the guns that the Current Administartion sells to them.
There is no proof that the walked gun found at the scene killed the agent. Also, tens of thousands of guns confiscated by Mexican officials have been traced to the U.S., more than half sold in Texas.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Jan 19, 2013
Rattle Brain wrote:
<quoted text>
No guns for lay abiding people means a lot of guns for criminals.
Not if you would stop selling them at gun shows.

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 19, 2013
Door King wrote:
<quoted text>
But they sell them to whoever comes through the gun show door without a background check. Plug the private sale and gun show loopholes and that $100,000 Chinese assault weapon collection becomes scrap metal, which is what you are really afrain of. You don't care about anyone's rights.
It is evident that you have never tried to buy a gun at a gun show. They don't just sell them to anyone that comes through the door. There are no background checks that is right but it isn't like buying a pac of smokes.
Don't know what te hell you are talking about with the chinese assault gun collection thing. I dn't have one of them so I could care less.
As to your last remark I care about my rights under the constitution. It is you and your ilk that are trying to take peoples rights away.
Just as an aside here my son is in the rocess of seling one of his pistols. He is going through a dealer here that is sending in the background information and the transfer of the ownership. So as usual with your kind you know nothing of what you speak.

El Paso, TX

#15 Jan 19, 2013
Door King wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof that the walked gun found at the scene killed the agent. Also, tens of thousands of guns confiscated by Mexican officials have been traced to the U.S., more than half sold in Texas.
Deliberate misleading again as is usual.
A balistics test was conducted and te bullet tha killed that agent came from one of the guns sold through obama's boys.

You ma want to educate yourself a bit rather than just spew out the talking points of the libs.

This article shows alot of the US guns claimed by the Mexicans were in fact purchased by the Mexican Gov. legally and then went on to fall into the hands of the cartels.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_162-573372...

So when the US is authorizing sales of thousands of weapons to Mexico that allows hem to be sent to the cartels Gun Shows are not the problem.
Between fast and furious and direct sales private sales at gun shows is not an issue.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#16 Jan 19, 2013
B.S. The bullet was too damaged to be of use. I have no doubt that some of the weapons used by cartels were originally legally sold to the Mexican government, but the fact that the "walked" guns ended up in cartel hands proves my point. Ninty percent of the guns interdicted in Mexico come from the southwest U.S. Over half of them were originally sold in Texas. Texas straw buyers are the main suppliers of Mexican cartels. Otherwise, why would cartels openly advertise to pay up to U.S.$5,000 for a certain semi-automatic rifles?

El Paso, TX

#17 Jan 20, 2013
Door King wrote:
B.S. The bullet was too damaged to be of use. I have no doubt that some of the weapons used by cartels were originally legally sold to the Mexican government, but the fact that the "walked" guns ended up in cartel hands proves my point. Ninty percent of the guns interdicted in Mexico come from the southwest U.S. Over half of them were originally sold in Texas. Texas straw buyers are the main suppliers of Mexican cartels. Otherwise, why would cartels openly advertise to pay up to U.S.$5,000 for a certain semi-automatic rifles?
BS the bullet was not that damaged. It was tied to a Fast and Furious gun. So thank obama for that dead BPA.
Some of the weapons? Are youreally that naive? Did you even bother to look at the link I provided? It is evident that you are simply souting lib talk9ing points as you have provded zero supporting evidence of your claims.
Show where Ninety percent of he cartell guns were bought in te US southwest, and over half of those sold in Texas. Show that so called straw buyers are the main supplers of arms to the cartels as you claim.
Now how about you provide a link to these, "Open Advertisemnets" that you claim offer $5000 for semi auto weapons.

Now even if the bullet had not been identified lets look at the facts.
2 Seperate incidents. One resulting in the death of one agent the other resulting in the death of one agent and the injury of another. In both cases guns from Fast ad Furious were found at the scene. Now anyne with even a miniscule amount of intelligence can connect the dots to show that obama and his cronies were behind the weapons that were used.

Now lastly no matter what unconstitutonal aws are passed against private gun owners in the US it will have no effect on th guns going to Mexico. Direct sales are not private they are Government and that is where the majority of weapons that get to the cartels come from.
try and edcate yourself prior to making outlandish claims as you have.

El Paso, TX

#18 Jan 20, 2013
By the way that 90% claim has been shown to be false. It is as I said a talking point for the libs.
In fact only 17% of the gns found at Mexian crime scenes are traceable to the US.
The vas majority of weapons found at Mexican Crime Scenes are never even submitted to the US for possible tracing because it is evident that hey do not come from the US. There are a number of reasons for this but one of the biggest is that the vast majority of guns found have no sera number. Not a removed serial number but never have had ne and that is a clear ndication that they were never manufactured in the US.
The 90% comes from the guns submitted to the US for tracing. That is he guns that the Mexicans think ame from the US and are looking for confirmation f their beliefs. That is where the 90% comes from.
So your 90% claim is false.
Shoould you like to educate yourself a bit more here is the link to the facts.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/02/my...

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

#19 Jan 20, 2013
UR BS wrote:
By the way that 90% claim has been shown to be false. It is as I said a talking point for the libs.
In fact only 17% of the gns found at Mexian crime scenes are traceable to the US.
The vas majority of weapons found at Mexican Crime Scenes are never even submitted to the US for possible tracing because it is evident that hey do not come from the US. There are a number of reasons for this but one of the biggest is that the vast majority of guns found have no sera number. Not a removed serial number but never have had ne and that is a clear ndication that they were never manufactured in the US.
The 90% comes from the guns submitted to the US for tracing. That is he guns that the Mexicans think ame from the US and are looking for confirmation f their beliefs. That is where the 90% comes from.
So your 90% claim is false.
Shoould you like to educate yourself a bit more here is the link to the facts.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/02/my...
There is no point in reading anything from Fox News. I suppose all those weapons didn't have a manufacturer either. They were made on Mars, maybe?

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

#20 Jan 20, 2013
But you might take a look at this: http://news.yahoo.com/us-mexico-seized-68-000...

Because a gun can't be traced it does not mean it did not come from the U.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Giddings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr The Petrologist 710
UT/TT Poll: Conditional Support for Same-Sex Un... 3 hr Jonathan 13
University Medical Center faces fiscal strain: ... (Nov '10) 17 hr RightStuff1944 45
Looking for Bars,/similar to help w/ bad anxiet... Wed Shayceejay 6
Black people have Ebola Wed concerned citizen 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Gasman 543
trying to meet that black Tue dbchillin 6
Giddings Dating
Find my Match

Giddings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Giddings News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Giddings

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]