Buying a new house - schools

Buying a new house - schools

Posted in the Giddings Forum

Austin Mom

Austin, TX

#1 Apr 10, 2013
My daugther is only 2 - so take this with a grain of salt. We are looking to move to a new house in the near future. The elementary school and high school both have high ratings, but the middle school is Covington which is only rated at a 4, and I have not heard very good things.

Would that be a deal breaker for you on buying the new house? Or do you think a lot can change by the time my kids reach middle school age?
Austinite

Austin, TX

#2 Apr 13, 2013
Austin Mom wrote:
My daugther is only 2 - so take this with a grain of salt. We are looking to move to a new house in the near future. The elementary school and high school both have high ratings, but the middle school is Covington which is only rated at a 4, and I have not heard very good things.
Would that be a deal breaker for you on buying the new house? Or do you think a lot can change by the time my kids reach middle school age?
Only get worse, AISD is mismanaged at the core and the likelihood of the school getting any better based on historical indicators is very low.
I would buy the house if you really like it and not let a bad school break the deal. You can always transfer to a better school anyways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Giddings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump cant tell the truth 9 hr You Pharts 8
News Zac Brown Band to play Austin360 Amphitheater i... Mon Band phart 2
Trumps Son in Law is a Joke Mon GetsPharrts 10
Phart HEAD ! Mon Flip pharts 2
Kayla Apr 21 White 1
Schools Apr 20 Which Phart 2
News Source: ICE is targeting 'sanctuary cities' wit... Apr 20 Ramping Pharts 32

Giddings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Giddings Mortgages