Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23538 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#19051 Jul 15, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> just telling you what Alan Dershowitz
said.Last time I checked,he was a Harvard law professor.Harvard is not exactly a bastion of conservative thought.
Alan and George have their opinions. In the end reality will produce the answer. All we can do is speculate from past experiences that have occurred and decide for ourselves what we make of it.
Still hold my opinion that George is all washed up as far as getting his American Dream. Who knows he could write a book and become a millionaire and put all this behind him.“OR” some zealot nut assassinates him using some purchased gun that can’t be traced to him. Life has so many variables. That’s why its so much fun…
Texan

Wichita, KS

#19052 Jul 15, 2013
His story will be worth millions. Move to England, sign a deal, and take it easy for the rest of his life. Zealot with a gun in England, the gun is enough to put you away there for a long long time. Use it and you never get out.
justasayin

Greer, SC

#19053 Jul 15, 2013
I'm thinking the pot will continue to be stirred and people will miss an event that Washington doesn't want them to notice. The Martin/Zimmerman situation is over. The jury has spoken, the "Special Prosecutors" didn't deliver. What is the famous quote "never let a crisis go to waste".
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19054 Jul 15, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good for Allen Dershowitz. Never heard of topix email but whatever works for you.
Not gone YET, you self-important puke?.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#19055 Jul 16, 2013
Texan wrote:
His story will be worth millions. Move to England, sign a deal, and take it easy for the rest of his life. Zealot with a gun in England, the gun is enough to put you away there for a long long time. Use it and you never get out.
Tex returns to sweeten the comments.
Move to England to write a book? Nah not a good idea. Move to a sovereignty that has no extradition agreements with the USA. AND will not assist the USA in enforcing their laws. Become a citizen if required to that nation. Self exiled. Then he could use that in his story line. Then Martins family will go there or a representative to haunt Georgey which then can lead to a movie production story for a sitcom.
Once again your ignorant of what you comment about. England does allow guns to its citizens. Difference is they are far more regulated in who is allowed a gun. Those weak minded with their tin hat and raccoon caps chanting some glorious theme for some perverted ideology will not be allowed to have a gun. Alas most of the right wing nuts on this thread would not be eligible to own a gun. That is how a matured sovereignty deals with guns. Superior to the callow naïve policies of the colonies.
Once again we can observe how the Tea can transform a Tex into a Tex-a-can-a. Yippee Yay Ky Yay chauvinistic babbling idiot.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#19056 Jul 16, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gone YET, you self-important puke?.
That’s it ? Losing it there buddy boy? I know you consider this simple comment of yours will raise you in,{Some delusional illusionary mentality}, to higher status of authority. Alas it does not. No matter how much you polish that rusted tin hat, it will not serve you well.
Bulldog

Greer, SC

#19057 Jul 16, 2013
"For North Korean weapons smugglers, death is apparently preferable to failure. Panamanian authorities say the captain of a North Korean-flagged ship tried to kill himself after military equipment was found concealed in containers of brown sugar, CNN reports. The ship, which had sailed from Cuba, was stopped on the Atlantic side of the Panama Canal after authorities received intelligence that drugs were on board. They found the undeclared weapons instead.

Panamanian President Ricardo Martinelli says the ship was carrying suspected "sophisticated missile equipment" and a United Nations team will be asked to inspect the cargo, reports the BBC. "We're going to keep unloading the ship and figure out exactly what was inside," he says. "You cannot go around shipping undeclared weapons of war through the Panama Canal." The 35-member crew was arrested after a struggle with authorities, who say the "violent reaction of the captain and the crew" to the search aroused their suspicions." Where you think they were going? Left Cuba, that's 90 miles.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#19058 Jul 16, 2013
……………….Trayon Martin Legacy;
USA has once again exhibited its undercurrents of racism. Acquittal of all charges and the battle over gun reforms serves to illuminate to all the world our lopsided Judicial system.
Virtually any dark skinned person can relate to similar eerily scenarios in, various degrees, their lives that they suffered or witnessed. Racism resides within insidious forms permeating through our USA society.
Supreme Court’s decision against our voters rights, exemplifies the naïve conceptions that our justice system still harbor on racism. Court’s statement “Things Have Changed Dramatically” illuminates their naïve comprehension on the issue.
Justice Departments advancing an investigation may yet come to expose the lax laws that supports and creates such Zimmerman scenarios.“Stand Your Ground” with its vague provision of “Reasonable Belief” obstructing justice from being fully satisfied.
Self-Deputizing any Zimmerman with a gun and a grudge. Discouraging year for gun laws reform. Mass killings on a continuous cycle being perpetrated by grudge toting gun zealots is not enough. Now we are saddled with Lax Laws that encourage and legalizes killing situations.
Frightening is the thought that these grudge gun totting individuals walk daily amongst our populace in public. Teaching our children that this is a permissible way of life. Violence to beget violence.
Our frail legislatures obtaining their continuous infusion of their “Fix” from their pusher man the lobbyist, will keep us in this dysfunctional quagmire for many years to come.
Voters have the opportunity to remove those they suspect as being addicts from their legislature’s come 2014. Otherwise we can just keep recycling and compound what that educates to our children to do, the same over and over again.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#19059 Jul 16, 2013
Texan wrote:
Zimmerman took a black woman to his prom. he tutored minority children. Martin actually circled back to confront Zimmerman. Martin struck the first and the only blows.

“Vote”

Houston

#19060 Jul 16, 2013
I believe there is a type of insanity in the world today. a world in which what a person believes has no basis in fact.

“Vote”

Houston

#19061 Jul 16, 2013
NBC News fires producer who manipulated Trayvon Martin 911 tape to make it appear Zimmerman said he was looking for blacks.HE WAS FIRED!!!
Texan

Wichita, KS

#19062 Jul 16, 2013
Does any of this really surprise you waco? You have people like Barney and Actually who thrive on promoting this kind of crap. I really get tired of all the CHILD bs seventeen years old 6ft3 or 4. Child my backside.
Daphney

United States

#19063 Jul 16, 2013
American Pride wrote:
Today we are having a Grand Old Party
He's no longer running for governor
Waco1909

Greenville, SC

#19064 Jul 16, 2013
Daphney wrote:
<quoted text>
He's no longer running for governor
dude that's a three year old post....
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19065 Jul 16, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
……………….Trayon Martin Legacy;
USA has once again exhibited its undercurrents of racism. Acquittal of all charges and the battle over gun reforms serves to illuminate to all the world our lopsided Judicial system.
Virtually any dark skinned person can relate to similar eerily scenarios in, various degrees, their lives that they suffered or witnessed. Racism resides within insidious forms permeating through our USA society.
Supreme Court’s decision against our voters rights, exemplifies the naïve conceptions that our justice system still harbor on racism. Court’s statement “Things Have Changed Dramatically” illuminates their naïve comprehension on the issue.
Justice Departments advancing an investigation may yet come to expose the lax laws that supports and creates such Zimmerman scenarios.“Stand Your Ground” with its vague provision of “Reasonable Belief” obstructing justice from being fully satisfied.
Self-Deputizing any Zimmerman with a gun and a grudge. Discouraging year for gun laws reform. Mass killings on a continuous cycle being perpetrated by grudge toting gun zealots is not enough. Now we are saddled with Lax Laws that encourage and legalizes killing situations.
Frightening is the thought that these grudge gun totting individuals walk daily amongst our populace in public. Teaching our children that this is a permissible way of life. Violence to beget violence.
Our frail legislatures obtaining their continuous infusion of their “Fix” from their pusher man the lobbyist, will keep us in this dysfunctional quagmire for many years to come.
Voters have the opportunity to remove those they suspect as being addicts from their legislature’s come 2014. Otherwise we can just keep recycling and compound what that educates to our children to do, the same over and over again.
Geez Blarney, I see you're still posting the same old liberal garbage. There are only two people that know if the whole incident was racial. One is dead and you're not Zimmerman, so what you offer is speculation only.

While we are on the subject of gun control. There are a lot more than just white people who wish to retain their right to own a gun. Many other people own guns to protect themselves.

Black on black crime is a bigger issue than the Zimmerman vs. Martin thing. I noticed the politicians don't care to bring it up. It doesn't suit their political agenda, so let's not talk about Chicago.

Every decent hardworking black American or any other decent hard working American of any race has the right to protect their own lives and family. You stupid liberals who think that you know best don't live in rough neighborhoods.

As for Zimmerman. He was lawfully acquitted of wrongdoing, but it's a good thing for him that stupidity is not a crime. The whole thing leading up to the shooting could have been avoided by just standing down when the police dispatcher told him too. The whole thing turned into a tragic incident because he wanted to be an over-zealous Dudley Do-Right.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19066 Jul 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
NBC News fires producer who manipulated Trayvon Martin 911 tape to make it appear Zimmerman said he was looking for blacks.HE WAS FIRED!!!
While I have no sympathy for Zimmerman, I detest the lying liberal media even more. Any hardships come to anyone in this country because of the media reporting on this incident, the media jackals can own it.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19067 Jul 16, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s it ? Losing it there buddy boy? I know you consider this simple comment of yours will raise you in,{Some delusional illusionary mentality}, to higher status of authority. Alas it does not. No matter how much you polish that rusted tin hat, it will not serve you well.
I'm not interested in any degree of of authority like you liberal pukes. I merely made a statement. Whether it even serves me at all is really none of your damn business.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#19068 Jul 17, 2013
Do any of us really care what Barney thinks. He's just a long winded blowhard, who if faced with a real life and death situation would s--t his pants.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#19069 Jul 17, 2013
Well here we go again with another bogus “Stand Your Ground” trial. ONCE AGAIAN in Florida.
http://myfox8.com/2013/07/16/the-other-fla-mu ...
Right on the heels of the George Zimmerman trial, another controversial and tragic self-defense case is making its way to court. This time, the scene is Jacksonville, Florida, and the story involves Jordan Davis, an African-American teen the same age as Trayvon Martin.Davis, 17, was shot to death by Michael Dunn in November 2012.
Dunn told police that he asked Davis and three other teens, who were parked next to him at a gas station, to turn down their music. Dunn says he heard threats from the teens and saw a gun in their car. He says he feared for his own safety, and that’s why he grabbed his gun and fired into the vehicle.
Police say that they found no guns inside the teens’ vehicle! Dunn fired his gun eight or nine times. Needs a bigger gun… That’s the NRA solution for these nuts.
What am I the only one, that can see the travesty of this bogus law. Now would be a good time to bring this one right wing nut law to the Supreme Court and have it cast out unto the waters of oblivion along with the Tea that spawns such dysfunctional laws.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#19070 Jul 17, 2013
Now lets get back to the Chasm theory of mine.
I view this as another example of many that the traditionalist conservative republican are distancing themselves from the Tea extremist. Observe similar scenario that played out.
Democrats and republican moderates have joined forces. Sweeping aside the Tea Party and the right extremist. In all places, Arizona! A previous bulwark of the Tea Party.
Between them both they actually came to a budget with bipartisan support. On June 13, 2013 Governor Jan Brewer {R} Led the way that will add over 300,000 of their uninsured citizens, to the roles of the insured. Embracing the Obamacare Health Care Plan.
Governor Jan Brewer gathered up her allies and repulsed themselves from the Tea’s extremist view’s. Carrying it so far, as not to answerer any of the Tea’s antagonist questions and voting down any of their proposals.
Obamacare exposed the rift that is growing into a chasm, betwixt the traditionalist republican and the Tea‘s extremist.
Senator John McCain leads the traditionalist to cast out the Tea out unto the waters of political oblivion.
Arizona Senate Tea President Andy Biggs {R} who was a staunch opponent to the Obamacare was swept aside. Constant redundant dysfunctional rhetoric and derogatory remarks was all the Tea extremist had to offer..”
The chasm widens..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Giddings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Addys 10 hr Lizard king 2
Addy (Mar '16) 10 hr Lizard king 3
Need Tar for your roof? ;) Sep 26 Curt 3
News Austin Goes From Weird to Peculiar for Keep Aus... Sep 24 Newt G s Next Wife 1
Austin Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 24 Scarlett 2
Murphy's Steakhouse Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994

Giddings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Giddings Mortgages