Conservatives target program serving 120,000 women monthly

Full story: El Paso Times

A state health program that helps low-income women get birth control, Pap smears and cancer screenings could cease to exist as some lawmakers try to shore up their anti-abortion credentials.
Comments
181 - 187 of 187 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bit, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around you in any way affiliated with the republican party. There is just something wrong with figuring you in with, Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee, Phyllis Shafley , Michele Bachmann, Sara Palin, George Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheny, Tom Delay,.....and on and on, I just can't fit you in with them!
There's more variety in the party than most people think. You get distracted by the insane ones :) As far as I'm concerned, the ones you mention here are not really Republicans anymore.

Since: Apr 09

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

The issue is not worthy of being a government area of responsibility. We should not be able to legislate morality and that is what government is trying to do. They are attempting to be the church for the society and that is what the founding fathers were trying to leave, when separating from England. Now we have evolved into the government being the church for the indigent, which is becoming a larger part of the population because the government does not give good moral leadership. As we continue to elect corrupt individuals into leadership positions, regardless if they are smart, they are weak and immoral. Republican or Democrat their sickness is rampant! I wouldn't think voting for a party rather than an individual would be advisable. Party line is not working for the greater good of the people.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There's more variety in the party than most people think. You get distracted by the insane ones :) As far as I'm concerned, the ones you mention here are not really Republicans anymore.
Thank you for acknowledging their insanity. I feel better now :)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for acknowledging their insanity. I feel better now :)
Sure, there are extremists in every group. But not all Republicans are insane :) My husband, my father, my in-laws, most of my family in fact. Real Republicans understand the need for limiting gov't interference in such a private matter, and that defunding PP is fiscally irresponsible.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
As I'm not Christian, of course I don't. Why would I?
I have never said that abortion is right just because it's legal. Rather, abortion is legal because it is a woman's right to make her own choice regarding her own uterus and pregnancy, no matter which choice she makes, or how others may feel about it. It's no one's business but hers.
Then I want the right as a man to kill anyone I want. I want that right. Forget the other persons right to live. Its ridiculous isn't it.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, there are extremists in every group. But not all Republicans are insane :) My husband, my father, my in-laws, most of my family in fact. Real Republicans understand the need for limiting gov't interference in such a private matter, and that defunding PP is fiscally irresponsible.
Forget fiscal irresponsibility. Look where moral responsibility has put us.
Norman
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Giddings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 30 min Defiant1 22,256
Defiant Gov. Perry rejects 'outrageous' indictment 3 hr californio 123
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 hr Gasman 17,833
wife Tue rraul0000 2
Police charge 'accidental' shooter with manslau... (Apr '08) Tue Ashley 11
tar,heroin Mon dbchillin 24
where to find adderall or vyvanse in atx? Mon daddythendiddy 2
•••
•••
•••

Giddings Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••